Purified water - 12 pack

I have a better solution. I pack an old milk jug in my suitcase and just refill it up on lido. Cheapest water you can find on the ship.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0IOneUByWGUyDG4dqVYKvh3kqw3JknL0waPkMTg833ilTh9Ad

Nice piccy of you and great tip. Thanks for sharing.. :-)

Just noticed on Carnivals site for In-Stateroom beverages that they offer 12 pack of water for $4.50. It shows that it is a 16.9 oz bottle. Just want to confirm that it would be twelve 16.9 oz bottles for a total of $4.50? Sounds awfully cheap...that's why I want to make sure before I purchase it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My experience is:

If you are on a newer ship, the tap water tastes fine, just make sure to bring your own reusable water bottle.

If you are on an older ship, specifically The Fantasy class, buy the water. That water tastes horrible.

You can take Carnival's water back on the ship from the ports, assuming you still have their bottle. You can bring any empty water bottle back on too.

Cheap?

It's double the price of what you can get it for shoreside. The catch is you are no longer permitted to carry on bottled water. Carnival's captive audience allows for this price gouging.

$9 for 2 12packs waiting in your cabin versus having to lug those through security and on board and fight the crowds until you get to your cabin, is well worth it. This is probably the best "drink" deal on the ship outside the free coffee, ice tea and lemonade on the Lido. Of course there's "free" water there too and there's absolutely zippo wrong with that water either. But if for what ever reason, you need the plastic bottled stuff, it's a bargain.

We usually order a case & refill a few of the bottles if need be. We use them for taking into port on beach or scuba days. For walking around on the ship, I will drink the water from the dispensers or bars.

I also find it handy to keep a bottle next to my meds. My DH uses the little water glasses to put his razor, toothpaste tube, etc. in, so I just set a bottle there next to my stuff. Plus, you can cool it in the mini fridge, whereas an open glass of water is a pain to have in the fridge.

I also find it handy to keep a bottle next to my meds. My DH uses the little water glasses to put his razor, toothpaste tube, etc. in, so I just set a bottle there next to my stuff. Plus, you can cool it in the mini fridge, whereas an open glass of water is a pain to have in the fridge.

Depends on the ship. Some of them don't have coolers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I just wish you could still get spring water. I'd pay more for actual spring water. I hate paying for purified tap water.

They have also stopped selling sparkling water through the Fun Shops online. I got a couple of bottles for my cruise last year but couldn't find it this year. ☹️

Looks like I'll be lugging cans this trip

Save money, time, and aggravation....just bring a refillable bottle, fill it yourself and you can keep it in the fridge if you wish. Or use the ice from your bucket, fill it with water, and instant ice water. Take it ashore, too, with no problem.

I just wish you could still get spring water. I'd pay more for actual spring water. I hate paying for purified tap water.

They have also stopped selling sparkling water through the Fun Shops online. I got a couple of bottles for my cruise last year but couldn't find it this year. ☹️

Looks like I'll be lugging cans this trip

What CCL sells is purified spring water. It is NCL that sells the purified tap water (Aquifina).

I finally remembered to check the price of water at my supermarket. Name brand spring water is $3.80 for 12 16.9 oz bottles, generic is $2.80. Yes, I know that I could get it cheaper at Costco, but I'd also have to buy more. So it's costing me .70 to have it available in my cabin. I can live with that.

Just noticed on Carnivals site for In-Stateroom beverages that they offer 12 pack of water for $4.50. It shows that it is a 16.9 oz bottle. Just want to confirm that it would be twelve 16.9 oz bottles for a total of $4.50? Sounds awfully cheap...that's why I want to make sure before I purchase it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

That is correct, yes. And it is cheap, when you compare it to single bottle prices in port or if you buy on ship by the bottle.

It's not cheap compared to sams, but i am not vacationing at sams!

Question: Has anyone determined if the CCL bottled water is different than the Tap Water on the ships?? It says purified...not Spring water etc...?:confused:

Since I don't drink bottled water, I was just curious?:)

I only drink filtered water from the Fridge.:) Which is not the best water, but better than tap water.

Question: Has anyone determined if the CCL bottled water is different than the Tap Water on the ships?? It says purified...not Spring water etc...?:confused:

I only drink filtered water from the Fridge.:) Which is not the best water, but better than tap water.

The label says it's purified spring water from a spring in Florida.

The label says it's purified spring water from a spring in Florida.

Interesting?:)

I don't recall seeing that, purified spring water on the labels??

Do you happen to have a pic of that label,,,,?:) Not doubting you, but looking for the label and ingredients.

I am just trying to determine where the CCL water comes from?

Interesting?:)

I don't recall seeing that, purified spring water on the labels??

Do you happen to have a pic of that label,,,,?:) Not doubting you, but looking for the label and ingredients.

I am just trying to determine where the CCL water comes from?

I don't have a picture but the water we had on Fascination came from Ginnie Springs in Florida (the information was on the back of the bottle label).

$4.50 for 12-16.9 oz bottles is ALOT cheaper than the $1.00-$1.50 you pay when you get it from a vending machine at a hotel.

We purchased a 12 pack of water our last (and first) cruise. It was nice to have the bottled water in our cabin when we wanted it and to take ashore but we ended up leaving almost half of it in the cabin when we left with a note to leave as a gift for the next cruisers.

Even though we only used half of the amount we purchased, I'll buy it again on our next cruise because we like the convenience and prefer the taste of bottled water over tap.

The bottled water sold onboard is loaded into the ship on turnaround days, it comes from land sources... the ship drinking water comes from sources available at sea, and will undergo much more filtration than the home filtered variety