luggage tags

brineyseas

Try Walmart, Staples or do what we do. Just staple them on, staples in a few places on the tags. Been on over 100 cruises since 1985, never lost one!

So, you bring a staple gun with you?

I've been on many cruises also (25+ RCI) and always used the (airline) type RCI used to mail out...now I use the ones from the terminal porter's...never lost any either...but I sure wouldn't take the chance of just stapling printer paper type tags onto my bags. Glad it's worked for you.

The OP can purchase at Amazon or from Cruise Critic if they need to in addition to your suggestions.

where to buy clear plastic/vinyl luggage tags to hold tags from cruise line

Thanks

In Canada, the luggage chain store Bentley carries them. Try a luggage store in a nearby mall. Ask for the larger cruise tag size. Based on your question you seem to know that regular size tags are too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Try Walmart, Staples or do what we do. Just staple them on, staples in a few places on the tags. Been on over 100 cruises since 1985, never lost one!

So, you bring a staple gun with you?

I've been on many cruises also (25+ RCI) and always used the (airline) type RCI used to mail out...now I use the ones from the terminal porter's...never lost any either...but I sure wouldn't take the chance of just stapling printer paper type tags onto my bags. Glad it's worked for you.

The OP can purchase at Amazon or from Cruise Critic if they need to in addition to your suggestions.

Why would she bring a stapler ( not a staple gun :rolleyes:) with her? Lots of people drive to the port. So why wouldn't they attach their luggage tags at home? And if you print one tag per page and fold as instructed, it is 3-4 layers thick. Plenty strong. Since we fly in and put the cruise tags on later, we don't use staples. We just wind clear packing tape around each tag, making it even stronger.

Why would she bring a stapler ( not a staple gun :rolleyes:) with her? Lots of people drive to the port. So why wouldn't they attach their luggage tags at home? And if you print one tag per page and fold as instructed, it is 3-4 layers thick. Plenty strong. Since we fly in and put the cruise tags on later, we don't use staples. We just wind clear packing tape around each tag, making it even stronger.

Sorry I assumed how the OP got to the cruise port :rolleyes:.

Glad the clear packing tape that you need to bring with you on your flight works well. It's just easier for me to get the tags at the terminal...I fly also so just one less thing to have to be concerned about.;)

We have always printed the luggage tags and adhered clear tape to the front and back. This makes them durable and water proof. On The morning of the cruise when we check out of the hotel, we ask the front desk for a stapler and attach them to our bags.

I'm at a loss as to the problem. We just attached them to the luggage handle. They are cardboard and are sturdy. Or are you referring to paper ones printed from the computer?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amazon sells several types and we use them now for every cruise. I have us d the stapler method and the packing tape method. Both worked fine and never lost a tag. It's just nicer and easier to purchase the Amazon ones that come with wire rings and clasps. Work great for airline tags as well. Very Sturdy. One Christmas I purchased the green wire clasps just to be in the holiday spirit [emoji7]