Elite Breakfast Questions

NantahalaCruiser

Leaving next week on the Equinox will be our first cruise traveling as Elite, but without a beverage package.

In the past we never went to the Elite Breakfast since we had the beverage package for specialty coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio. But without the package, we will want to give the Elite Breakfast a try for coffee, teas and an occasional bloody mary before heading to the Blu for breakfast.

I have read that the Elite Breakfast does offer espresso drinks:

- is it a self-service?

- lattes in addition to espresso?

- in addition to a bloody mary, any liquors for coffee?

- any specialty teas?

- is a Chai Latte a possibility?

- do they have paper cups for carry-out?

- any problem with taking alcoholic drinks out?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

From what I recall

- is it a self-service? NO, have never seen this

- lattes in addition to espresso? YES

- in addition to a bloody mary, any liquors for coffee? NO, but Mimosas and Bellinis were available

- any specialty teas? DO NOT KNOW

- is a Chai Latte a possibility? DO NOT KNOW

- do they have paper cups for carry-out? Have not seen this, you are not supposed to take out from the Elite breakfast

- any problem with taking alcoholic drinks out? YES, as above not supposed to do this, same for Elite and above cocktail party, cannot take away drinks, and is usually enforced at the door

We usually go to BLU first for breakfast and then sometimes stop in to the Elite hr for some pastries....dh enjoys Cappucino, Espresso , I like a bloody...or mimosa,

Have never taken anything out so didn't notice if you could ..Somedays we go there for breakfast..they put out a nice spread. No cooked food but lots of variety....It was great on the Infinity.

Check the hours, we also would go to the Elite Breakfast after Blu. And at the Elite breakfast I'm pretty sure my husband got a shot of hazelnut liquor in his cappuccino, or maybe it was just the flavored syrup? (I don't know, I don't drink that stuff). I was happy with a mimosa. It's very laid back and was never crowded when we were there. Where are you going to take your drinks at 9 in the morning anyway? Sometimes the head of the Captain's Club would be there, sometimes not, just the servers. And the food is nothing different than what you can get up at the buffet (fruit, pastries, charcuterie, bagels with lox, etc, but I admit it did taste better), the point of it is the quiet, private atmosphere and being waited on.

Leaving next week on the Equinox will be our first cruise traveling as Elite, but without a beverage package.

In the past we never went to the Elite Breakfast since we had the beverage package for specialty coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio. But without the package, we will want to give the Elite Breakfast a try for coffee, teas and an occasional bloody mary before heading to the Blu for breakfast.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

- is it a self-service? Yes, except for some items and all beverages. There are cheeses, fruit, cold cuts and pastries at the entrance of Tuscan Grille.

- lattes in addition to espresso? Yes.

- in addition to a bloody mary, any liquors for coffee? Yes, for an additional charge since you don't have a drink package.

- any specialty teas? Yes.

- is a Chai Latte a possibility? Yes.

- do they have paper cups for carry-out? Yes.

- any problem with taking alcoholic drinks out? I don't know.

It is not always self-serve. Over the last few years on Equinox, Summit, Infinity there has been a breakfast menu to order from. Same food that we used to serve ourselves. Captain's Club hostess said it has helped to eliminate waste. Also it is safer to serve it this way. Do love to sit in Tuscan drinking mimosas in the morning!!

It wasn't self serve on Silhouette in the Baltics in August, or on Solstice in NZ and Australia in April/May. I don't think you can take anything out. We actually stop at Cafe al Bacio on our way there with our coffees[emoji4]. The Captain's Club Hostess was there every morning. The hours are 8 to 10 am. We like it because it is lighter fare, quiet, a lot less crowded and in Tuscan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's served, will they truly give me the one slice of ham, one slice of cheese, one slice of pineapple that I ask for? Or will they load up the plate, in which case there is waste in served portions, too.

When the breakfast is via menu, the menu choices are usually pre plated so you can't get a custom order.

This pre-plated style of breakfast is a waste . We have had to order a platter to get one or two simple choices. On a couple of cruises I have been able to order custom but on others the answer was ..no.. Numbers of people attending seems to be very low at the pre-plated breakfasts.

I think the buffet depends on your CC host. We had the best ever buffet on the Infinity out of Chile last spring. The event was very busy!!

Sure hope we have the buffet on the Eclipse TA in the spring. All I want is papaya and goat cheese.. not hard to please..just like the good stuff!!

Can anyone please tell me where the Elite breakfast is held on the Constellation? Thanks.

Either Tuscan Grill or Qsine, depending on the number of Elites on board your sailing. On a Transatlantic, Elite+ were in Tuscan Grill, and everyone else in Qsine.

Either Tuscan Grill or Qsine, depending on the number of Elites on board your sailing. On a Transatlantic, Elite+ were in Tuscan Grill, and everyone else in Qsine.

All Elite passengers will get a letter in their stateroom telling them where and when the events are located.

This pre-plated style of breakfast is a waste . We have had to order a platter to get one or two simple choices. On a couple of cruises I have been able to order custom but on others the answer was ..no.. Numbers of people attending seems to be very low at the pre-plated breakfasts.

I think the buffet depends on your CC host. We had the best ever buffet on the Infinity out of Chile last spring. The event was very busy!!

Sure hope we have the buffet on the Eclipse TA in the spring. All I want is papaya and goat cheese.. not hard to please..just like the good stuff!!

I'm not a fan of the table service with a menu either. I much preferred the buffet. Two issues for me. The waste (coupled with not really getting exactly what you want) and the reliance on the servers to bring your food. Last cruise I had awful service. I understand it's all to do with the US Public Health requirements of not having self serve on a carpet. It seems that some ships on certain itineraries will forego this policy.

Phil