Replacement Ports

CozGurl

I, too, am on this cruise! Most likely it will be St. Croix...or possibly St. Kitt's. Given the itinerary, it needs to be an island that is easily reachable overnight from San Juan (aka in close proximity to St. Maarten), and those seem to be the only options that weren't severely damaged. Either way...all beautiful islands, and it's going to be a blast! :cool:

I would guess that it might be St.Kitts. The AOS does the ABC and St.Martin one week. Then does St.Thomas, A, C and St.Kitts. So I would hazard a guess that it might be St.Kitts. Did not see much about too much damage there. Just a guess, of course.

My cruise is on AoS leaving Oct 14 and we were supposed to do St. Thomas, A, C and St Kitts. I'm curious what they will replace St Thomas with. It's our honeymoon, so all we care about is enjoying the trip!

Went to St Croix on my last cruise. The beaches there were quite nice, but the town and the infrastructure near the pier was quite minimal. Very few shops, and very very few restaurants and bars. Was nice not to have the Del Sol, Diamonds International, etc right at the port though.

The whole premise of this thread is an exercise in futility, who cares!

If you look at some other ship re-routings, currently held port slots for other lines (Caribbean busy season coming; more ships from HAL, Princess, Celebrity) you can see some ports with openings. I wouldn't call it futile to make an educated guess. Cozumel is a blind dart throw though.

It's not so much an issue right now, but once the winter season heats up in November and December, if St. Maarten and St. Thomas are still out of commission, they'll be some busy jockeying around for ports. St. Kitts and San Juan are the most likely candidates to handle the diversions, but they can only take so many extra ships beyond those already planned to call there.

It's not so much an issue right now, but once the winter season heats up in November and December, if St. Maarten and St. Thomas are still out of commission, they'll be some busy jockeying around for ports. St. Kitts and San Juan are the most likely candidates to handle the diversions, but they can only take so many extra ships beyond those already planned to call there.

right. I was just thinking about my own trip on the Harmony. Already scheduled for a call in San Juan, so if the islands arent recovered by December I am guessing my St Maarten will switch to St Kitts. Just a guess based on what they've done so far!

Well, they are French [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll have nothing said against the French - they are, for the most part, a delightful people. Of course, as with any nationality, there are occasional bad apples (ou pomme mauvaise ...) and colonial residents tend to be supercilious/superior (without reason ...).

I live in France for 5-6 months each year and find it well nigh perfect. I'd have to go an awfully long way to find better neighbours ...

In 12 months 2 weeks, we may decide to move to France on a permanent basis.

:rolleyes: Yep, just got notified that they are replacing what was always my favorite port with what was always my least favorite. Nassau. Really?!?! Would have been totally fine with St. Kitts or St. Croix. But Nassau? Sorry, just venting.

:rolleyes: Yep, just got notified that they are replacing what was always my favorite port with what was always my least favorite. Nassau. Really?!?! Would have been totally fine with St. Kitts or St. Croix. But Nassau? Sorry, just venting.

I totally agree! We are on the November 5 sailing and will be SO disappointed if we go to Nassau, my least favorite port - where we never get off the ship. I was hoping for St. Kitts.

St Kitts can accommodate Oasis-class in fact at least one sailing is substituting St Kitts for St Maarten.

We are on the October 22 Oasis cruise and waiting on what will happen for our sailing. Cruise Planner still shows St Maarten under "cruise details" but "shore excursions" shows Nassau, so I have a feeling that is where we will end up.

Nassau is not near one of my favorites but we have found many ways to enjoy the day there. Lunch at Fish Fry is top notch. Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle are worth a visit as is Graycliff. Like a lot of other ports its good if you just get away from the immediate port area.

Posted today 9/15 on RCCL's FB page.:

Adventure of the Seas:

9/16, 10/7 – St. Maarten to St. Croix

9/23 – St. Thomas to Bonaire

9/30 – St. Maarten to St. Kitts

10/14 – St. Thomas to St. Croix

Allure of the Seas:

9/17 – St. Maarten to St. Kitts

10/1 – St. Thomas to Labadee

10/15 – St. Maarten to Labadee

Enchantment of the Seas:

9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/9 – Key West to Freeport

Harmony of the Seas:

9/23 – St. Thomas to St. Kitts

10/7 – St. Maarten to St. Kitts

Oasis of the Seas:

9/24 – St. Maarten to St. Kitts

10/8 – St. Maarten to Nassau

They officially swapped out St. Thomas for Labadee. We had already had St. Kitts swapped for San Juan due to the propulsion issue with Allure.

Itinerary is now Nassau, Labadee and San Juan.

Hoping this is the last change but keeping an eye on the 2 storm systems out in the Atlantic.

Not sure St. Kitts or St. Croix can handle a bigger ship, not just the port but the infrastructure of all the extra tourists.

Port Zante in St Kitts is a deep water harbour and can accommodate two large cruise ships like the Oasis of the Seas at the same time.