Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

For the past year ive been noticing the design of the symphony block is odd. We just got one this past week.  Just compared it to The other three and it's rather cartoonish. Looks like someone squeezed it from bow to stern.

Symphony 

Harmony

Oasis

Agree, Symphony's does not look nice at all. 

On 11/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, John&LaLa said:

For the past year ive been noticing the design of the symphony block is odd. We just got one this past week.  Just compared it to The other three and it's rather cartoonish. Looks like someone squeezed it from bow to stern........

On 11/10/2019 at 9:46 AM, Mikew0805 said:

Agree, Symphony's does not look nice at all. 

Sad to hear.   During our April 2020 cruise on the Symphony, we are scheduled to get a crystal block.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:17 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s a math game. A 1000 points, entitled to receive 7 Crystal Blocks. 1500 would be 10. I can see getting duplicates. I feel sorry for the LA having to deal with the requests/pressure to hand out blocks not officially earned. 

in my opinion 

HUH???

1000 points should be 13 blocks.  1500 would be 20 blocks.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 4:01 PM, island lady said:

Hmmm...guess there will be some extra Grandeur blocks now as well.  😉 

Hmm, and here I was trying to get enough points to get a Grandeur block.   We are booked for the 3rd to the last cruise, but a 12 nighter.

• 3 weeks later...

I am cruising on Liberty for 3 weeks starting Sunday Dec. 1 for 3 weeks. On that cruise I will be receiving my 2nd Liberty glass block. I am looking to trade it for a different one. I have a Liberty,, Navigator and Serenade block. Maybe someone who is on the ship when we are on is interested in a trade. We will also be on January 19 & 36. Will be on Celebrity Eclipse for the April 10 & April 20 cruise. Just thought it would be easier to swap if we overlapped on a cruise. Let me know.

BE251700-DD64-4859-A9C5-2970E9135D0B.jpeg

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And this is how the Symphony block came to be😉

Oasis_of_the_Seas_01-11-2018_St._Maarten_3.thumb.jpeg.d0dd39bd2cefe84be5dbf16132472af7.jpeg

Screenshot_20191126-211726_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9170380c39263c877dfbf451ae36155.jpg

20191126_212439.thumb.jpg.4a0a49f1e55810a7038655c42fbe454b.jpg

Screenshot_20191126-211814_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6626f68b8bd2e50b53e225b37e613c29.jpg

Bummer.  Somebody sure messed up in the Symphony crystal block design.  We are scheduled to get a Symphony block in April 2020.

123A20E8-4153-4DA3-BEEE-EFC5B90B5A6C.jpeg.667eab455810b9bae8886afbe44e203e.jpeg

5 hours ago, Longhorn82 said:

We will also be on January 19 & 36. Will be on Celebrity Eclipse for the April 10 & April 20 cruise. Just thought it would be easier to swap if we overlapped on a cruise. Let me know.

BE251700-DD64-4859-A9C5-2970E9135D0B.jpeg

January 36 cruise not on RC website.  Probably sold out.

• Haha 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

How do you figure. I thought it was a block every 140 points?  Are you counting those blocks cruisers get unearned (begging/pressuring/asking LA)?

In my opinion 

A block is earned every 70 points starting at 140 points.

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok thanks. Now that makes sense. Thanks for the info. 

I still believe there are unearned blocks. 

M8

I've twice received an additional block when cruising side to side because the points don't hit before you board the next ship. 

LA #1 on ship #1 sees that you are eligible for a block because you will cross a threshold.

LA #2 on ship #2 also sees that you are eligible for a block because the points from ship #1 haven't posted yet.  

Only happens on S2S since the two LAs aren't in sync.  On a B2B the LA knows who he or she gave a block to on cruise #1.  

So in that sense they were unearned.   Points are slow to post given the age of modern computer systems so I figured it's their rules.  If they want to give me an extra block I'll take it home.  I don't try to mislead the second LA but if one is left in my cabin, it's mine.  

I've got a B3B coming up and should block on segment #1.  I highly doubt the LA will give me 2 blocks but on paper his manifest will make it look like I should.  

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've twice received an additional block when cruising side to side because the points don't hit before you board the next ship. 

LA #1 on ship #1 sees that you are eligible for a block because you will cross a threshold.

LA #2 on ship #2 also sees that you are eligible for a block because the points from ship #1 haven't posted yet.  

Only happens on S2S since the two LAs aren't in sync.  On a B2B the LA knows who he or she gave a block to on cruise #1.  

So in that sense they were unearned.   Points are slow to post given the age of modern computer systems so I figured it's their rules.  If they want to give me an extra block I'll take it home.  I don't try to mislead the second LA but if one is left in my cabin, it's mine.  

I've got a B3B coming up and should block on segment #1.  I highly doubt the LA will give me 2 blocks but on paper his manifest will make it look like I should.  

Thanks. I understand what your saying. 

I still believe some cruisers may influence in some way the LA to cough up an unearned block. Who is sure that doesn’t happen?

In my opinion. 

M8

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thanks. I understand what your saying. 

I still believe some cruisers may influence in some way the LA to cough up an unearned block. Who is sure that doesn’t happen?

In my opinion. 

M8

I'm not so sure.  I always stop by the LA desk to inquire when I am due a block because I solo a lot or go in suites.  I know they don't always see I'm in a suite or solo and they don't seem to do the math for the extra points until you prompt them to.  

They are always very careful with the math.  They have never handed one over on the spot, it's always been "I'll look into your account and let you know".   Then a few nights later one appears in my cabin.  

I suppose if someone has a long relationship with an LA they might be able to swing it but I can't imagine it's common place.  

On Navigator last year she flat out refused my request.  I wasn't solo but had just come off Oasis and those 21 points for a solo suite hadn't hit yet.   I emailed C&A when I got home and they mailed me one.  

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

We did a B4B on Oasis in 2017. 

Got a block every week.

There was a change of LA in the middle

There was also a S2S with MJ in the middle

It was crazy

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1