Shareholder OBC - Fantastic Service

NavyVeteran

I faxed shareholder OBC requests for two cruises using a brokerage statement dated 30 September 2017 for two cruises in February and April 2019 (yes, I said 2019 - over a year away). I now have the OBC posted on my account. Now that we need the OBC to reserve shore excursions, it's great that they will now post it in advance.

I sent the request to Princess Cruises Booking Support Department using FaxZero. I received an email from FaxZero confirming successful delivery of the fax at 4:46 EDT today. I then received emails from reservations@princesscruises.com confirming the shareholder OBC, and these two emails were dated 4:51 PM and 5:55 PM EDT today. I've heard of fast service before, but this is the fastest I've ever seen.

The shareholder benefit page on the CCL corporate website no longer mentions that the proof of ownership must be dated within 90 days of sailing.

So the corporate accountants must have figured out (correctly in my thinking) that the ability to immediately "spend" the OBC--which takes the liability off the books--outweighs the issue that a small number of passengers will sell the shares right after the OBC posts.

Yes, I was shocked that they took my information early (August) and posted it on my account immediately for a cruise outside of the 90 days.. Somebody's doing their job! Yay. I am not that confident about 2018 cruise so will hold off until final payment is due.

Just sent my latest account statement via FaxZero for our March 18, 2018 cruise. Will see if it's accepted. Didn't send for our 2019 cruises yet. Will wait and see how it goes for the 2018 cruise first. Leaving for 28 days on Emerald Princess on Sunday. We already have that Shareholder OBC nailed down. :)

Just wondering as to what the minimum number of shares of stock is necessary for OBC? I am assuming it is Carnival Cruise LIne stock.

Pooh

100 shares

Sent in request for two upcoming cruises yesterday using the old fax number and credited same day.

They didnt send me email just saw it when we checked our accounts

This explains what just happened to us. I faxed in one statement and wrote on it one cruise, the first of several B2B, to apply the credit to (because it was all that qualified within the 90 day rule). Then a few weeks later I sent in the next month’s statement with the couple of cruises that it would apply to. I was thrilled when CCL OBC appeared not only on those but on all our remaining cruises booked for this winter (though NOT cruises we have booked for a year out).

Gave it a try yesterday afternoon by sending in current info for a cruise next March 18. It's showing on my personalizer now. Very different from waiting until just before the cruise.

Does anyone know which place I need to send my info?

I'm sailing on the Sun in January R/T Auckland, NZ. Will they accept it at the US address or do I need to send it to the Australian address?

Thanks for the info about being able to send it in before the 90 days.

Does anyone know which place I need to send my info?

I'm sailing on the Sun in January R/T Auckland, NZ. Will they accept it at the US address or do I need to send it to the Australian address?

Thanks for the info about being able to send it in before the 90 days.

If you booked through Princess US, then send it there. One of the cruises I sent it in for was an Australian cruise with onboard Australian currency. If the onboard currency is Australian, then you will get the OBC in Australian dollars at a one-for-one exchange rate.

Mine was credited about 15 minutes after I sent it via FaxZero. For next month as well as April 2018. I'm happy!
DW and I were so happy with the service we bought another hundred.

If you booked through Princess US, then send it there. One of the cruises I sent it in for was an Australian cruise with onboard Australian currency. If the onboard currency is Australian, then you will get the OBC in Australian dollars at a one-for-one exchange rate.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When I was on the phone with a Princess rep today she wasn't sure, although to her credit she did say to send it to Princess in the US. That's what I'll do.

I hope you understand that the benefit is the same regardless if you have 100 shares or 200 shares. That being said, if the shares are held in 2 different names and there are 2 cabins booked with a 100 share shareholder in each, then the benefit will be given to each cabin.

I hope you understand that the benefit is the same regardless if you have 100 shares or 200 shares. That being said, if the shares are held in 2 different names and there are 2 cabins booked with a 100 share shareholder in each, then the benefit will be given to each cabin.

So as long as you and DW don't want to sail in the same cabin, you will get the benefit of the second 100 shares.:) If you have two kids and book one parent and one kid in each cabin, then you would get the double benefit. If you are both Elite, you could get the double Elite mini-bar this way also.