What happens if you have a little fever?

Optotronics

If you have a fever and are honest about it (which you should be for everyone's sake) you will be referred to the medical team for a quick check. If you are deemed to be healthy enough to sail, off you go. If, however, they decide that you are sick/contagious/not well enough to cruise, you can and will be denied boarding. If you do not have travel insurance then you are out of pocket.

Bottom line - have travel insurance, stay healthy but be honest!

If you have a fever and are honest about it (which you should be for everyone's sake) you will be referred to the medical team for a quick check. If you are deemed to be healthy enough to sail, off you go. If, however, they decide that you are sick/contagious/not well enough to cruise, you can and will be denied boarding. If you do not have travel insurance then you are out of pocket.

Bottom line - have travel insurance, stay healthy but be honest!

Do not assume that travel insurance will cover being denied boarding for a medical issue.

For a medical issue to be a covered reason you have to cancel before boarding. And provide supporting evidence from your personal physician that your condition manifested itself prior to the insurance's cancellation deadline--which for some policies is 24-48 hours before embarkation time.

The insurance provider will always verify with the cruise line that you actually did not show up at the port. Once they confirm you did, unlikely any covered reason can be established; you better hope the cancel-for-any-reason clause was also not voided (that just a couple hours before sailaway is not too late to invoke said clause; again, some policies have a cutoff time).

But the first part of your answer is correct: any positive answer on the medical questionnaire will result in an examination. If they do not believe you have a viral infection you likely will still be allowed to board. But if they believe you do, vacation over. Some cruise lines have been known to offer a future cruise credit even if you don't have insurance, in order to deter sick passengers from lying their way on board. Princess is not one of them.

I say you're crazy to mention anything about it unless you really don't want to leave on the cruise.

Two things could happen.

#1. They could refuse you boarding.

#2. They let you board & keep you isolated for a few days under surveillance.

How you you feel if they denied you boarding & 2 day later you fully recovered?

I'll take my chances & board. ;)

are you refused boarding if you admit to not feeling well or having a little fever or cold when filling out the health questionnaire at the port?

Has anyone been refused boarding, how does that work?

Many people here ask for copies of the health survey, so they can save valuable seconds

enroute to the ship, by filling it out in advance.

Just fill it out in advance, honestly, when you are perfectly healthy.

They don't ask if you have a cold , they want to know if you have stomach trouble and I don't mean travel sickness 😀 ,

In regards to fever. It's a fever plus one other symptom like a cough. Just read the form carefully. Look it up online.

Yes they do stop people from boarding. But not every case.

Also they are not looking for allergies i.e. dust or hayfever which can give you a runny nose, sneezing or coughing 😀

I hope this helps.

Also read your insurance policy carefully.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

That's one point I would hate to have to argue about in the terminal. Something tells me you would lose every time.

People on CC never seem to have read the form It says "You will be allowed to travel, unless you are suspected to have an illness of international public concern"

How to waste 3500 sheets of paper, ask a passenger getting on a cruise if they are unwell. Has anyone ever said yes.

Yes we have a few times when we had a fever. We were checked by the nurse and allowed to board. But we have never had fevers and stomache issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do not assume that travel insurance will cover being denied boarding for a medical issue.

For a medical issue to be a covered reason you have to cancel before boarding. And provide supporting evidence from your personal physician that your condition manifested itself prior to the insurance's cancellation deadline--which for some policies is 24-48 hours before embarkation time.

The insurance provider will always verify with the cruise line that you actually did not show up at the port. Once they confirm you did, unlikely any covered reason can be established; you better hope the cancel-for-any-reason clause was also not voided (that just a couple hours before sailaway is not too late to invoke said clause; again, some policies have a cutoff time).

But the first part of your answer is correct: any positive answer on the medical questionnaire will result in an examination. If they do not believe you have a viral infection you likely will still be allowed to board. But if they believe you do, vacation over. Some cruise lines have been known to offer a future cruise credit even if you don't have insurance, in order to deter sick passengers from lying their way on board. Princess is not one of them.

The details of coverage vary for different travel insurance. Princess Vacation Protection does not have the restrictions mentioned.

For Cancel for a Covered Reason, you are required to report the cancellation to Princess as soon as possible after you know you have to cancel. If you do not do so, the only penalty is that they will not cover additional charges that would not have been charged had your notified them as soon as reasonably possible. For example, this would apply if you knew you had to cancel during a 75% penalty period but then did not notify them until the 100% penalty period; in this case they would still pay you the 75% you would have lost anyway but not the 25% you could have avoided losing.

The cancelation program is called the "Princess Cruise Vacation Cancellation & Interruption Fee Waiver" - not the cancellation fee waiver. It will "refund to you IN CASH the otherwise non-refundable value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation should you or your traveling companion need to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for any one of the following reasons".

For the Cancel for Any Reason coverage, you have to notify Princess Cruises "prior to the ship's departure". It does not say prior to the start of boarding.

I say you're crazy to mention anything about it unless you really don't want to leave on the cruise.

Two things could happen.

Have to agree with the above! ;)

Two things could happen.

Ditto. I'll have my wife hand the documents to the check-in staff.

Honestly, I don't think I would chance being denied boarding.

However, if possible I would see a Dr. for a diagnosis so that I would know if I was contagious. If contagious or if I didn't have time to see a Dr prior to boarding, I would try to stay confined to my cabin & balcony until I started feeling better. At the least, I would try to avoid contact with others and wear a mask.

Edited by Funkat

What type of questions did they ask? Did they do any tests?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They asked what kind of symptoms you have and they looked at our throat and ears. (I think that is fuzzy) and took our temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums