Can you cancel and rebook the same cruise??

gerelmx

I noted that my Eclipse cruise 03-18-18 the price for our cabin dropped $600 since we booked it.

Celebrity does not give me any information because I booked with a TA they only tell me call to your TA.

I have had my cruise fare reduced by my TA when the cruise fare dropped without having to cancel and rebook. I have also upgraded from Concierge to Aqua without paying any more and keeping my cabin, perks and OBC. Call as ask your TA. The worst they could say is no, but if you don't ask, then the answer is definitely no. Good luck.

We have had our cabin re-priced when price decreases have occurred prior to final payment.

We have also cancelled a cruise just prior to final payment and then re-booked it at a significantly reduced price during the final payment period-in this instance about 45 days out. Ended up with a better cabin and a better price. It is a risk but we now typically take by booking inside the final payment window.

Some TA's have a service charge for re-pricing, cancelling, etc. We won't deal with an agency that does this.

I noted that my Eclipse cruise 03-18-18 the price for our cabin dropped $600 since we booked it.

Celebrity does not give me any information because I booked with a TA they only tell me call to your TA.

Call your TA and tell them what you found. If you have a specific cabin in mind (do a test booking to see what's available) tell them to ask for that.

If it's the same package, you should be able to keep it. It's also very possible you can get a much better cabin (better location, etc) for the same price you had been paying.

We didn't use a TA for this upcoming cruise, but when I noticed prices had dropped I call Celebrity and went from an obstructed balcony to Concierge Class for $40 (total, not per person). Same go best perks, but a MUCH better deal overall.

If I'd used a TA I would have told them and they would have called, but that's the only difference. On previous cruises where I did use a TA, that's how it works. You tell them, they call.

I recognize you from another thread about difficulties with a TA, so I see why you haven't called. I think your only recourse in this case is to call and hope they will handle this for you. I would call immediately and maybe take a screen shot of the new price to back up your request. I have had better luck, slightly, with Melissa than the others.

Thank you all for your answers, I call my TA , the following is his answer to my question:

While you are not in cancellation charges you can cancel the reservation request the refund and re-book with the new promotion.

Just a comment like you buy with a lot of anticipation, this can not be doing each that lower the rates or Put new promotions. The shipping company considered as mismanagement, only allowed once.

I think it would be best to wait until the final payment date approaches.

I'm very happy my TA just called me I have bee upgraded from inside GTY to veranda GTY (maybe 2c) and $30 less

Congratulations! Sounds like your TA just upgraded you to an equivalent category matching $$$ what you originally paid. Easier to do than to deal with you cancelling and rebooking, or giving a refund. ;)

I recognize you from another thread about difficulties with a TA, so I see why you haven't called. I think your only recourse in this case is to call and hope they will handle this for you. I would call immediately and maybe take a screen shot of the new price to back up your request. I have had better luck, slightly, with Melissa than the others.

I take a screen shot and email it to my TA. TA puts the cabin/suite on hold with the new prices. The only thing that my TA has said is if we cancel and rebook we might need to use a different credit card. Or maybe try a new TA.

Is the question specific as to whether the re-booked cruise can be considered a 'new booking' for purposes of prices and other perks? Celebrity used to not allow this, but I think that has changed. Can anyone confirm that?

I also prefer working with a TA and even if they have some kind of cancellation and/or change fee, it might still be well worth it given the perks they often offer. Need to consider all aspects. I may find a TA that does not charge a cancel fee, but if their perks are not as good I am still net saving by using the TA that does charge.

Is the question specific as to whether the re-booked cruise can be considered a 'new booking' for purposes of prices and other perks? Celebrity used to not allow this, but I think that has changed. Can anyone confirm that?

The terms and conditions for October Go Big Go Better Go Best promotion says:

Any existing reservation canceled between October 3 and November 1, 2017 and re-booked between October 3 and November 1, 2017, will not be eligible to participate in the promotion.

The terms and conditions for October Go Big Go Better Go Best promotion says:

Any existing reservation canceled between October 3 and November 1, 2017 and re-booked between October 3 and November 1, 2017, will not be eligible to participate in the promotion.

To get around this all you have to do is book a different cabin type. I have done that before, no issues. DH and I thought we couldn't cruise, found out we could, so we canceled, rebooked (under a promo) but upgraded the cabin (it was cheaper) and we received all the perks. This was all through a TA.