Quickest & cheapest way to earn Diamond +

Would the quickest & most economical way to earn Diamond + be to always book solo in a junior suite for 3 points per night? Which ship/s would offer the most economical fares?

The best perk of Diamond are the free drinks for 3 1/2 hrs each evening and a day of free internet. It is not worth spending a lot of extra money to get there

Would the quickest & most economical way to earn Diamond + be to always book solo in a junior suite for 3 points per night? Which ship/s would offer the most economical fares?

An inside cabin is likely going to be your cheapest approach; 2 points per night for a solo booking as long as you're not in a studio cabin. The quickest approach is going to be booking in a suite/junior suite where you'd earn 3 points per night for a solo booking.

Diamond+ requires 175 points, so if you're currently at 0, that's going to need 88 cruise nights in an inside cabin or 59 cruise nights in a suite.

Use the weekly Going, Going Gone sale as your target cruises, though you can find decent deals in the regular schedule, too. You can often find inside solo prices as low as $120-$140/night; suite prices won't be that low -- more like starting around $270-$300/night, and those are pretty uncommon. :)

Asian sailings on Ovation or Quantum always seem heavily discounted for near-term upcoming sailings. Anthem and Grandeur out of the northeast are commonly among the least expensive, and the Anthem regularly sees 175% single supplement prices on the Going, Going Gone sales, which makes them even more affordable.

Quickest would be solo in a JS. Most economical would be in an inside stateroom.

An inside cabin is likely going to be your cheapest approach; 2 points per night for a solo booking as long as you're not in a studio cabin. The quickest approach is going to be booking in a suite/junior suite where you'd earn 3 points per night for a solo booking.

Diamond+ requires 175 points, so if you're currently at 0, that's going to need 88 cruise nights in an inside cabin or 59 cruise nights in a suite.

Use the weekly Going, Going Gone sale as your target cruises, though you can find decent deals in the regular schedule, too. You can often find inside solo prices as low as $120-$140/night; suite prices won't be that low -- more like starting around $270-$300/night, and those are pretty uncommon. :)

Asian sailings on Ovation or Quantum always seem heavily discounted for near-term upcoming sailings. Anthem and Grandeur out of the northeast are commonly among the least expensive, and the Anthem regularly sees 175% single supplement prices on the Going, Going Gone sales, which makes them even more affordable.

When do the Going, Going, Gone sailings get posted? Every time I look, there are 0 itineraries?

Every Thursday evening you can get the PDF flyer that covers the deals offered the following Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

On Monday's, do these sailings have to be booked over the phone or are they also posted online? Is JS the highest cabin category offered in these promos?

On Monday's, do these sailings have to be booked over the phone or are they also posted online? Is JS the highest cabin category offered in these promos?

I don't think I've ever seen the offers reflected online, at least on Monday. So I suspect you have to call in for it. I suspect "Deluxe" is just a starting point and could include all types of Suites. But I've never sought out a suite so couldn't tell ya. :)

Online prices usualy start on Tuesday.

If one spouse has achieved a higher level, is it shared with the other spouse? I'm wondering if the status of one pulls the other along. Also what about children? How does their parents cruising history with and without them work? Thanks!

If one spouse has achieved a higher level, is it shared with the other spouse? I'm wondering if the status of one pulls the other along. Also what about children? How does their parents cruising history with and without them work? Thanks!

Yes, a spouse's level would be shared with the other spouse, and also with children under age 18.

Of course, getting to Asia last minute can easily negate any cruise savings. :)

Makes me wish that the Ovation would sail out of the part of Asia that I'm in for a longer part of the year. Most sailings here are pretty short too, no more than a week unless it's repositioning. :(

Briefly considered doing cruises in Japan-China region but from what I understand, sailings out of China have certain policies tweaked - not to mention I have zero desire to share a ship with a literal boatload of China-Chinese (even though I'm ethnically Chinese myself). Oh well.

I will mirror others and say solo interior is the most efficient. Do you live near a port? If so, cruise out of that port for the longest cruise they offer so you don't have to pay for airfare. I live near baltimore and have done a 9 night in an interior for less than 1K, which i thought was an amazing price. 18 points. I need exactly 18 points to get to diamond and am considering another 9 night in the early months of next year. Prices between 985 - 1093 for interior guarantee, solo. Though I paid 995 last year for a specific large interior on deck 7 solo last February, so technically, the price is not as good.

Every Thursday evening you can get the PDF flyer that covers the deals offered the following Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

On the new G, G, G sales flier for Harmony sailing 12/2/17 & 12/16/17 for Deluxe category it lists "W"... What is this room type? Thank you.

Edit: Found it, as Guarantee.

I would run for the hills because I am a Diamond and today they would not adjust my invoice for $100 error they overlooked 2 months ago.

I made a change and they did not charge me. Then they made a change and they charged me. Got hold of supervisors and resolutions department and was told they could not undo any auto charges to account. They did not care that I was a Diamond and that and agent 2 months ago overlooked something.

In the end being a Diamond is not a GREAT thing so run for the hills and skip it. Better yet go over to another cruise line that is nicer about changes ( ya know the freestyle folks):mad: