Carry bags on

engrdad

You could, although early bag delivery is one of the big perks of FTTF.

Every time we use FTTF our bags are in our room by the time we get back from lunch.

We usually go to the room, drop off our small carry-ons and off to lunch.

It's one of the advantages of FTTF. We always travel with carry-ons only when we cruise on Carnival and carry them on the ship ourselves when we have FTTF. You can go directly to your room as soon as you board the ship. Our carry-ons fit in the overhead compartment on a plane, so there has never been an issue with the port X-ray machines.

All I want to say is YES you can carry-on as much luggage that fits the scanners as you are comfortable with and can manage on your own regardless if you have FttF, other priority or not.

Just remember even with priority boarding you will still need to navigate the bags through the parking area (if not being dropped off), the stairs or escalators in most terminals, or at the very least 2-4 decks for the gangway ramp. Backpacks and roller luggage will make this more manageable.

Ok... OP here. Wow. To be clear, all I was asking was if I can carry on my bags versus waiting on them to be delivered. Since I have FTTF, I would be able to immediately drop them off in my room. However, I did not think of the size of the x-ray machine. So I guess the question is now moot since my DW and I will each have a large piece of luggage (7-day cruise).

One of the benefits of FTTF is that your checked luggage will arrive earlier than most. Generally after lunchtime. You can carry on ALL of your luggage if it fits through the scanners. Or you can check your large bags, they will be marked as FTTF and priority, and then you can drop off your carry on in your room early too.

As usual, I'm missing something in this thread. Isn't ANY passenger regardless of status or purchase of FTTF able to carry their luggage on as long as it meets the "measurement requirements" and can be scanned during checkin? However only pax with the elevated status or FTTF can take their luggage directly to their cabins once they board. I understand the use of porters, that with FTTF or status they get delivered sooner to the cabin, but I did not think just bringing your bags onboard was any sort of "perk".

As usual, I'm missing something in this thread. Isn't ANY passenger regardless of status or purchase of FTTF able to carry their luggage on as long as it meets the "measurement requirements" and can be scanned during checkin? However only pax with the elevated status or FTTF can take their luggage directly to their cabins once they board. I understand the use of porters, that with FTTF or status they get delivered sooner to the cabin, but I did not think just bringing your bags onboard was any sort of "perk".

Correct.

The other advantage of bringing on your own bags is they will not be subject to the abuse bags are subjected to enroute to your cabin

It's one of the advantages of FTTF. We always travel with carry-ons only when we cruise on Carnival and carry them on the ship ourselves when we have FTTF. You can go directly to your room as soon as you board the ship. Our carry-ons fit in the overhead compartment on a plane, so there has never been an issue with the port X-ray machines.

Please share how you pack for a week long cruise in a carry on? You are my new hero.

Correct.

The other advantage of bringing on your own bags is they will not be subject to the abuse bags are subjected to enroute to your cabin

Double correct. Normally we each have a traditional carry-on bag and a suitcase that easily fits in the scanner.

We find it easy to take all of our baggage on and off the ship and we feel more comfortable not seeing it stacked beneath a pile of other bags.

It's strictly a personal choice. There's no right or wrong way. Carnival allows both so do whatever works better for you.

Ok... OP here. Wow. To be clear, all I was asking was if I can carry on my bags versus waiting on them to be delivered. Since I have FTTF, I would be able to immediately drop them off in my room. However, I did not think of the size of the x-ray machine. So I guess the question is now moot since my DW and I will each have a large piece of luggage (7-day cruise).

Not necessarily mute. If your bag is flat on the ground and is 16" or less high and the width is less than 24" it will fit through the x-ray machine. The length doesn't matter. That means even most 28" bags will fit. It is not the same size restrictions you have on an airline.

The ONLY reason that I mentioned FTTF in my original post was to give a reason as to why I wanted to bring my bags on myself (i.e. room would be available so I could drop them off). Sorry for the confusion this seems to have caused. But I do appreciate the responses. I did not think about the size limitations. Assume I can find them on the Carnival site?

The ONLY reason that I mentioned FTTF in my original post was to give a reason as to why I wanted to bring my bags on myself (i.e. room would be available so I could drop them off). Sorry for the confusion this seems to have caused. But I do appreciate the responses. I did not think about the size limitations. Assume I can find them on the Carnival site?

You can find the information on the Carnival website here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373

If you don't have Fttf, diamond or platinum you won't have anywhere to put your bags until your room is ready later in the day.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

If you don't have Fttf, diamond or platinum you won't have anywhere to put your bags until your room is ready later in the day.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Totally get that, but you don’t need any of those to bring your bags on. What to do with them once you board is a different concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally get that, but you don’t need any of those to bring your bags on. What to do with them once you board is a different concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct. Leaving your bags with a porter or bringing them on board with you is a personal decision. Do whichever makes you comfortable.

Happy sailing.

Please share how you pack for a week long cruise in a carry on? You are my new hero.

I do a load of laundry during the middle of the cruise. Some people think doing laundry while on vacation is the devil, but it's no problem for me to take an hour out of the cruise to do it. I'll get on my laptop and catch up on email and my husband goes to the gym.