New flash sale confusion

conquesodor

We are currently on Reflection and did See Antigua by Sea and in our opinion it was not worth it. The boat holds 150 people and you are packed in like sardines. Food was not remarkable. Snorkeling is done in a group with inexperienced/experienced mixed together. Probably our least favorite excursion ever but we are used to smaller groups and had we known how many people would be onboard we would not have gone. The crew was nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if $125 for 4 specialty restaurants is a sale or normal pre-cruise offering? I don’t see any mention of a sale when I login, so I’m not sure. Guess it may depend on the cruise.

I don’t really know if this is a ‘sale’ or not. My strategy for deciding to buy in advance is to consider the price per dinner. The price per dinner for the package you quote is $31.25. I have paid for a package on sale as low as $25.80 per dinner on a 20% off a package price deal which I verified was a sale from the regular package price. I have also negotiated reduced pricing on board for as low as $30, but usually $35, but at a time of the ship’s choosing or when I have a large group to bargain for. All of these are a better deal than paying full price of $45 or $50 once on board.

So if I can buy below $30 I will consider buying in advance so I don’t have to run around asking for discounts when I first board the ship! But I also factor in my on board credit now and what/when I can spend it on vs how long on board: spend now or use obc later?

If you want to have four meals at the specialty restaurant and you have enough obc to pay in advance ( or even if you don’t, and you are willing to pay in advance) , then this is within a few dollars of the ‘best’ deal you could get.

So you *may* be able to get a better price if you wait and keep looking. Or, it could be one and done and you can be closer to enjoying your vacation as soon as you board!

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JenZ

I have to smile at the list above posted by upwardUK......I actually showed up for the Novo Fogo Cachaca tasting and not only was I the only one there, they only had the most basic one. Given the situation, the bartender and I just chatted about what Novo Fogo even is...and he poured me the last of the Novo Fogo in the bottle he had....gratis :)

Not sure I'd count on being able to do this tasting on your cruise...even if it shows up on the daily schedule.

Does anyone know if $125 for 4 specialty restaurants is a sale or normal pre-cruise offering? I don’t see any mention of a sale when I login, so I’m not sure. Guess it may depend on the cruise.

When my neighbors purchased the 4 dinner package onboard earlier in the year, that was the price they paid. The 4 dinner package seems to actually be the best deal but think that is the normal pricing you can get onboard. On our cruise last month, this discount was available ahead of time and it started if you purchased 6 or 7 dinners .... no extra discount for the 4 dinner package. And since they did such a great job in selling these packages ahead of time, there were really not a lot of discounts offered once we were onboard, with the exception of the first night.

We took the See Antiqua by Sea excursion last month for $109 p/p and definitely didn't have 150 people on our tour. We really enjoyed our day and would consider going again next time. No. the snorkeling wasn't the highlight of our day but we enjoyed the scenery and the catamaran itself was very nice. Google Excellence to see what cat they use. I'd book it at that discounted rate without hesitation.

Does anyone know if the classic non-alcohol package is discounted?

Not on the cruise we have booked it's the same price it had always been (I will be buying this for my partner so been keeping my eye on the price). Only the alcohol packages had the discount [emoji3]

I received the email and was about to purchase the half-day St John Cat Sail Beach and Snorkel - they advertised $89 as the discounted sale price avail till Monday. Just before purchasing, I saw this thread and decided to check their "sale" price by downloading the standard non-sale brochure from their website and the reg price was $89. Very annoying to be misled that way.

I did not read all the posts in this thread so someone might have mentioned this already.

I had called celebrity during the week to book excursions. They told me to wait until friday for the flash sale. I called on friday and she said that my excursions were on sale!!! But guess what? They were the same price!

Got the email for an Aug 2018 Ireland Iceland cruise. Only one excursion had changed - Transfer to Heathrow with excursion ro Windsor and Windsor Castle dropped $24 each. We canceled and rebooked.

Big issue - when you click on the link in the email it takes you right to your cruise planner with no sign on required. Big security no no.

Big issue - when you click on the link in the email it takes you right to your cruise planner with no sign on required. Big security no no.

Agree! I noticed that too! As someone who works in IT, I was really hoping their IT will be notified so it won't happen again.

Not on UK site.

Taken to sign in page to put in reservation #, Surname, ship and sailing date.

On Saturday the website was showing the "up to 20% off" banner on the shore excursions for my upcoming cruise, as well as a note about the price reflecting 25% off, but the price was exactly the same as before. Then on Sunday it looks like they figured out how misleading it was and that 20% off banner was removed from the excursions that really aren't on sale.

We have Celebrity cruises booked in Jan 2018, March 2018, and Jan 2019 that stop in Antigua.

I looked at one excursion (See Antigua by Sea) that we were thinking of taking on one of the three cruises.

In January 2018 it is one of the few excursions without a discount, and it is $109.

In March 2018 it has a 20% discount and is $98.10, so that would make the regular price , $122.62

On our Jan 2019 cruise it has a 20% discount and is $109, so t.he regular price would be $136.25

So, maybe the price is increasing, and I should book now, or... it's just another example of Celebrity's creative math.

Oh, and one more thing, and I saw this on more than one excursion, if you look at details, it shows for the footnote for the Prices Starting From*

as

*Saving is applied as 25% off to each guest(s) package.

In my thoughts, if the price is lower now than the original, does it matter if it is 'creative pricing' or not? If the tour prices are higher when you do decide to book, it will still be 'creative pricing' by all accounts and not demand pricing.

bon voyage

The dining packages confuse me. They say 9 Dinner Package 20% Discount - $209. Then if you add it to your cart, it shows up at $261 per person. It says "Price Shown Reflects Your Discount", but it doesn't explain how it went from $209 to $261 per person.

Celebrity IT strikes again, or am I missing something obvious?

The dining packages confuse me. They say 9 Dinner Package 20% Discount - $209. Then if you add it to your cart, it shows up at $261 per person. It says "Price Shown Reflects Your Discount", but it doesn't explain how it went from $209 to $261 per person.

Celebrity IT strikes again, or am I missing something obvious?

Each time I tried to book the 9 night package I received error messages. Different messages on different days. Yesterday I called the helpline. They told me the rates and placed my order for me using my OBC. I received a receipt via email.