Bus Crash In Mexico Involving Equinox Passengers

helen haywood

Sam Fritz, so sorry for the loss of your brother and his wife. Read your posts last night and was hoping for a different outcome this morning. My condolences to you and your family and prayers for the other families affected by this

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know it doesn't matter, but curious, was this a Celebrity/RCL excursion or a private tour?

It was a ship sponsored tour.

I still just can't understand how the bus crashed in broad daylight on a straight road with no other vehicle involved when there was no rain. Even if a tire blew you wouldn't think that would cause a bus to flip over.

It was a ship sponsored tour.

I still just can't understand how the bus crashed in broad daylight on a straight road with no other vehicle involved when there was no rain. Even if a tire blew you wouldn't think that would cause a bus to flip over.

From the pictures on TV news, the crash looked to be survivable. I would be interested to know if the bus was equipped with seatbelts and in use. I have gotten off ship's excursion buses in the Caribbean that were not equipped with seatbelts, returned to the ship, and demanded a refund for the price of the excursion. Same thing for those smaller buses with the flip-down seats that block the aisle. I spent too many years in public safety to do otherwise.

Further info:

- Passengers on the RCCL ship (Serenade of the Seas) posted that their Captain announced that of the accident victims, four were RCCL pax. None of them were fatalities. Four were wounded.

- Serenade of the Seas sailed form Costa Maya on time.

- Celebrity Equinox had the majority of the pax on that tour bus.

- Celebrity Equinox has not sailed yet (the port webcam has been disabled, so there's no way of knowing for sure)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums