Bus Crash In Mexico Involving Equinox Passengers

helen haywood

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very sorry to here. Our prayers & condolences to you and your family.

I read his name this morning in one of the articles listed, when I googled it today, but all I remember was it was Dejesus or some thing like that. You shoul be able to find it, if you try Google.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remembering the unfortunate losses does it not become a tribute to their memories that we turn our energies toward trying to make sure that these things do not happen again. These are not accidents, they are events.

Well run companies that utilize vendor products and services always have extensive quality control monitoring. My experience the cruising industry has been that almost without exception they turn a blind eye to their vendors products except for their profit margins.

I asked where are the video's and records which will show the bus speeding which may be a standard to squeeze out more tour time. We should already have been inundated with how Celebrity tracks and monitors both performance and safety standards. Where are the standards?

Walmart, Target, Amazon and more quality control test the products they purchase. For example, we took an all day tour in Japan and there was no bottled water available or provided. On my post most responses were negative to us as to why we did not take adequate water with us. Well, we were not told to as

Celebrity advised that the bus ride would serve a complementary bottle. When post tour they were advised of this, they denied responsibility and would not contact the tour company concerning the issue and the fact that lunch was served 3 hours late. Their follow up was virtually non existent.

This is not the first tour bus that experienced fatalities in transit where the driving may have been outside safety boundaries.

If any of you care to read my old posts, they may reveal my experiences and why this events come with no surprise.

It is so tragic to lose those we love and care about for no good reason. But let us turn to their memory to a positive for the future of others that do not deserve a repetition.

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only just seen this and terribly shaken by the news. Sending you condolences Sam. A loss such as yours is bad enough at any time but somehow with it happening so close to Christmas makes it even worse. Remember the good times you shared with your brother and his wife.

Sam, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. Your follow up post was so insightful and encouraging...thank you for those wise words. I will give my loved ones bigger hugs and be thinking of you and your family this Christmas.

I live in No Va, in a suburb of Washington DC and a local woman and her 11 year old son and the grandmother from Florida were killed in the crash. The article attributes speed to the accident. Information and video here:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Va-Man-Injured-Family-Missing-After-Mexico-Bus-Crash-465457523.html

A Mexican state prosecutor said the driver's negligence and excess speed caused the crash, the Associated Press reported.
Prayers to all the families and victims. This is a horrible tragedy which could have been avoided. The cruise lines need to cut ties with the tour companies that are deemed unsafe and they need to take passenger complaints seriously and act on them.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario and we share the border by a few bridges with Gatineau, Quebec and a family of four from Gatineau were also involved in the tragic accident. Father and two children survived however Mom was not so fortunate and lost her life. Father and children were to fly home but could not due to father developing infection. I am not sure if he has been released from hospital yet but I do know their families here just wanted them home as of earlier this week.

I agree with some of the posts, the loss of lives on these excursions due to incompetence and lack of safety should really be monitored and the cruise lines should ensure that there are measures taken to save other lives in the future before sponsoring such vendors who do not care about safety for their cruise passengers.

My heart breaks for all of the victims families and loved ones.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario and we share the border by a few bridges with Gatineau, Quebec and a family of four from Gatineau were also involved in the tragic accident. Father and two children survived however Mom was not so fortunate and lost her life. Father and children were to fly home but could not due to father developing infection. I am not sure if he has been released from hospital yet but I do know their families here just wanted them home as of earlier this week.

I agree with some of the posts, the loss of lives on these excursions due to incompetence and lack of safety should really be monitored and the cruise lines should ensure that there are measures taken to save other lives in the future before sponsoring such vendors who do not care about safety for their cruise passengers.

My heart breaks for all of the victims families and loved ones.

He's home, but not doing well. So sad for the family :(

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/gatineau-family-home-mexico-bus-crash-1.4462016

When I see all these reports on the loved ones that were killed, it just breaks my heart, and I'm ashamed of myself for complaining about things that are not that important.I pray for peace and healing for everyone that lost their loved ones.I'm so sorry for everyone's loss.

Marion