New Mattresses on Crown Princess? When?

cruizer2d

I've gone thru any Princess threads trying to find a more current answer other than "April 2018 --new mattresses start with suites and mini-suites".

We're on the Crown on a T/A 4/3 to4/17. I hate to think we might be sleeping in "canoes" or that I might be sleeping on the floor! :eek: I'll find out Friday if I'm having back surgery soon.

Does anyone know if Princess is true to the dates of something like this? Thanks for any sincere answers.

Are you in a suite? General word is that suites and club class minis have the new beds fleetwide.

As you have seen the official rollout schedule says Crown will have the beds in April 2018. Which is presumed to be the full ship completion date. The gap for drydock in Crown's schedule is between March 24 and April 3, the date I presume you board your Transatlantic.

If you can't take it on faith that the rollout of the Princess Luxury Bed will be completed as scheduled for your cruise, just be prepared to demand the mattress in your cabin be changed out should upon boarding you find it substandard. And good luck with your surgery,

Does anyone know if Princess is true to the dates of something like this? Thanks for any sincere answers.

The schedule on the new Princess bed for Star Princess was December 2017. There was a review thread yesterday that confirmed Star now have the new beds. This may be an indication that they intend to follow the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've gone thru any Princess threads trying to find a more current answer other than "April 2018 --new mattresses start with suites and mini-suites".

We're on the Crown on a T/A 4/3 to4/17. I hate to think we might be sleeping in "canoes" or that I might be sleeping on the floor! :eek: I'll find out Friday if I'm having back surgery soon.

The crown has a dry dock right before the ta so I’m assuming it will all be new for you and us

Are you in a suite? General word is that suites and club class minis have the new beds fleetwide.

As you have seen the official rollout schedule says Crown will have the beds in April 2018. Which is presumed to be the full ship completion date. The gap for drydock in Crown's schedule is between March 24 and April 3, the date I presume you board your Transatlantic.

If you can't take it on faith that the rollout of the Princess Luxury Bed will be completed as scheduled for your cruise, just be prepared to demand the mattress in your cabin be changed out should upon boarding you find it substandard. And good luck with your surgery,

Did you see the recent review of Crown in the owners suite with the craters, pictures shown. We have been on B2B2B2B2B and had worse craters than that in a suite. Asked for new mattresses and none better then the other. Hubby had to have epidural shots after he got home his back was so bad.. Now he has since had head and neck cancer and neck dissection. A very good mattress is necessary. We are on Crown for 35 days in 2018 and after the first week if we don't have that mattress, been there know the drill, delay delay delay, we are off to Walmart to buy an air mattress and throwing the old mattress in the hallway. A crater of a mattress is not acceptable, especially paying all that money in a suite. I also notified access dept. of requirement. Hopefully we will have a very good mattress.

Thank you all so much for your answers and suggestions. A lot of you put my mind at ease.

Yes, the cruise starts 4/3, so I'm hoping this bit of change will be completed by this date.

Everyone have a safe and fun (that's a given!!) cruise.

The April 3 cruise is coming out of dry dock. And the schedule says new beds on the Crown are April 2019. I see no reason to doubt that all beds on our cruise will be new and comfy.

Jim

Oops. Make that April 2018. Anyhow, I think we can count on good beds all around on our April 3 transatlantic.

Jim

• 5 years later...
On 12/20/2017 at 8:28 PM, jasbo49 said:

The April 3 cruise is coming out of dry dock. And the schedule says new beds on the Crown are April 2019. I see no reason to doubt that all beds on our cruise will be new and comfy.

Jim

Not sure if this is too old a thread - but just came off the Crown Princess for an Alaska Cruise.  The bed was worse than a 1 star hotel.  Complained and the new mattress was no better.  Ended up sleeping on a baby cot mattress.  Not really the fun vacation we had planned !  Not impressed with Princess and their customer service on the bed situation.  I am a 110 lb fit woman and sunk at least ten inches into the mattress.  My husband was stoic at the beginning but started to have back issues too.  Wanted to warn people who may prefer not to sleep in a hammock on their cruise 🙂

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Mattresses are very subjective like the food quality.  We have never had issues with the mattresses on close to 10 different ships. We always get a good night's sleep. 

42 minutes ago, Roxycat13 said:

Not sure if this is too old a thread - but just came off the Crown Princess for an Alaska Cruise.  The bed was worse than a 1 star hotel.  Complained and the new mattress was no better.  Ended up sleeping on a baby cot mattress.  Not really the fun vacation we had planned !  Not impressed with Princess and their customer service on the bed situation.  I am a 110 lb fit woman and sunk at least ten inches into the mattress.  My husband was stoic at the beginning but started to have back issues too.  Wanted to warn people who may prefer not to sleep in a hammock on their cruise 🙂

We never had a problem with the mattress on a cruise, but the Crown was different. I lived half a month in hotels for 30 yrs and have to say the mattress on the Crown was the worst. March 17 for 28 days. They REALLY need to be replaced.

1 hour ago, Roxycat13 said:

Uh oh.  I'm on the Crown in December.  I really like a firm mattress.  Is it hit or miss or all bad?  I have 3 cabins, so maybe one will have a decent mattress?  My kids can have the bad ones!

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

We never had a problem with the mattress on a cruise, but the Crown was different. I lived half a month in hotels for 30 yrs and have to say the mattress on the Crown was the worst. March 17 for 28 days. They REALLY need to be replaced.

3 hours ago, Roxycat13 said:

I just came off the Crown and my mattress was horrible. My hips hurt every night. It was way too soft and I like a soft mattress.

I probably should have complained but my room steward went MIA due to illness and I honestly have no clue who was cleaning my room.

35 minutes ago, Coral said:

I just came off the Crown and my mattress was horrible. My hips hurt every night. It was way too soft and I like a soft mattress.

I probably should have complained but my room steward went MIA due to illness and I honestly have no clue who was cleaning my room.

Oh dear. I just booked us on the 23rd of this month to Alaska on the Crown.

3 hours ago, theloo said:

Uh oh.  I'm on the Crown in December.  I really like a firm mattress.  Is it hit or miss or all bad?  I have 3 cabins, so maybe one will have a decent mattress?  My kids can have the bad ones!

A very long time ago (2003 or 2004) - I did complain about my mattress as it was horrible. They brought a different one and it was just as bad so complaining about one doesn't help much. I think they all age the same and then they are all replaced within a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

A very long time ago (2003 or 2004) - I did complain about my mattress as it was horrible. They brought a different one and it was just as bad so complaining about one doesn't help much. I think they all age the same and then they are all replaced within a few weeks.

Will 🤞 for new mattresses in the next few months then.

• Like 1

I was on the Crown March 2-17, 2023, and I have to concur. Love the ship and our stateroom (C752), but the mattress was the worst I ever had on Princess. So lumpy and uneven that I actually used a bed pillow to fill in the sag and slept on top of it. Just awful.