Rude Solstice spa staff

Toronto Guy

Currently on Solstice. Spa is really unprofessional. Booked a treatment, showed up on time, they couldn’t find my booking, wait - then therapist blames me (twice) for being late and will have to shorten the treatment by half an hour as a result. This was clearly a tactic to get out of the special they had sold me at embarkation. I explained what happened and then they more or less proceed to basically call me a liar and mock me at the desk thinking I can’t hear what they’re saying. Needless to say I just walked out. Don’t need to pay a ridiculous price to be insulted by Spa staff.

When I get an offer I ask them to give me an appointment card... just write down my appointment date/time. Then I ask them to write down what I'm getting and the price. I take that card with me to my appointment. It helps a LOT when they start questioning what I'm there for... and the cost. It's not good that this is necessary, but it IS necessary.

Currently on Solstice. Spa is really unprofessional. Booked a treatment, showed up on time, they couldn’t find my booking, wait - then therapist blames me (twice) for being late and will have to shorten the treatment by half an hour as a result. This was clearly a tactic to get out of the special they had sold me at embarkation. I explained what happened and then they more or less proceed to basically call me a liar and mock me at the desk thinking I can’t hear what they’re saying. Needless to say I just walked out. Don’t need to pay a ridiculous price to be insulted by Spa staff.

That is very unprofessional. I hope they did not charge you for this. Keep checking your on board account.

They are pulling this attempted scam more frequently...sorry you had issues but many folks do! IMO, they are not up to CR standards on Celeb ships..

Always get the person selling u the booking to put in details, times, rates etc in writing and initial it..

Even after you catch them at this game, they are pout faced...

Celeb may as well get Steiner back... They had better prices, nicer treatments and products which I still buy online..

Cant understand why you are posting here before you have resolved or at least tried to resolve the issue. There are senior staff eg the Hotel Director for one who should be advised and given time to try and rectify the situation. Whilst I agree that the service at the spa appears to be substandard stop complaining here in CC and do something to seek rectification. You may be surprised at the outcome. I cannot for the life of me understand why people use forums like this to bellyache and complain before going through the appropriate steps with senior management to rectify a complaint. If the complaint cant be resolved satisfactorily then by all means come here but until .....................

Cant understand why you are posting here before you have resolved or at least tried to resolve the issue. There are senior staff eg the Hotel Director for one who should be advised and given time to try and rectify the situation. Whilst I agree that the service at the spa appears to be substandard stop complaining here in CC and do something to seek rectification. You may be surprised at the outcome. I cannot for the life of me understand why people use forums like this to bellyache and complain before going through the appropriate steps with senior management to rectify a complaint. If the complaint cant be resolved satisfactorily then by all means come here but until .....................

please feel free to ignore my bellyaching.

Ask to speak to the Hotel Director. The Spa people are contractors on board the ship. My wife had a problem, and when she threatened to get the Hotel Director involved, problem solved.

The other thing is that they may have had issues like this before and it's just the ammo they need

Phil

Ask to speak to the Hotel Director. The Spa people are contractors on board the ship. My wife had a problem, and when she threatened to get the Hotel Director involved, problem solved.

Good it was resolved, but she still had to deal with these people getting her treatment and than seeing them around the ship.

It sounds like Steiner was so much better. HAL still uses them as well as their products in all category staterooms. I preferred the Steiner shampoo and sharp shower gel over what is being used now (at least in the non suite staterooms).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are pulling this attempted scam more frequently...sorry you had issues but many folks do! IMO, they are not up to CR standards on Celeb ships..

Celeb may as well get Steiner back... They had better prices, nicer treatments and products which I still buy online..

What is the scam? Is it like a bait and switch? Sell you one treatment and then tell you it’s not available and/or try to upsell you?

The other thing is that they may have had issues like this before and it's just the ammo they need

Phil

Agree....We have rarely had issues on X but when we have we have reported them to the appropriate manager and given X the opportunity to resolve...Not only do we usually then end up happy because we no longer have an issue it gives the management team feedback on possible training or personnel issues.

Toronto Guy....I honestly feel this will leave a ‘sour’ feeling about your cruise if you do not take this further. Your treatment was not acceptable....

Thanks for posting. The wife and I were considering going to the spa on our upcoming cruise. I think we will steer clear now. Too much drama.

What is the scam? Is it like a bait and switch? Sell you one treatment and then tell you it’s not available and/or try to upsell you?

The drill is quite simple.. They sell you a treatment for one price..usually with a port pricing discount past the am cutoff time because they want to make the sale

When you arrive they say it does not apply...but you have your card with initials saying price would apply Or they put the agreed time on the card but enter something else in their computer, or they call ahead asking if they could adjust your appt time to help them out....all variations which would negate the agreed upon discounted price, unless you have it in writing,,,

I observed them arguing this with others...last cruise it was with a couple already in their spa robes who agreed to a time adjustment only to be denied orig agreed price. They were livid,

I was next.The the silly part is the person who sold me the services just a few days ahead, said it would not apply had get the mgr etc.. In my opinion, it happens too often to be incompetence or error. Leaves a bad taste...I always reconfirm price before going in the back!

. Our last 2 cruises have been on Infinity...no complaint about the services themselves, but they have also introduce the attempted hard sell of products,

Hoping the EDGE spa is more like CR on land.,,.

t - not acceptable. My next request would have been for the Spa Manager, if no satisfaction there, either Captains Club or Hotel Manager would have seen me and it would be made clear that you expect to receive the service you wanted...

In fact, I would have them come with me to make sure that the staff knew I meant business and wanted the service requested....

Enjoy the rest of your sailing and do take this higher.... after all, it is your vacation and it needs to be enjoyable.

bon voyage