Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Recommendation?

MillyMommy

IMO, the rooms near the port are just getting higher each season... at least during the winter months (like over $300/night.) Good luck finding rooms. Those further out from the airport are priced much lower. We've been lucky on finding a "deal" near the port each season, but it's getting harder.

Looking for a recommendation of a moderately priced hotel in F.L. with shuttle service to the Princess cruise terminal. We are flying in, so we don't need car parking. Thank you!

As others have mentioned the Embassy Suites and the Marriott Renaissance are great hotels near the cruise port. But they are NOT moderately priced.

I don’t know what dates you are looking at but I found a good deal for my cruise through Hotwire.

Here is what I found for March 17, 2018.

We booked the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Ft.Lauderdale, FL on 2620 N. 26th Ave., Hollywood.

On their website the price is: $189.01 + tax $20.80 for a total of $209.81

I got it on Hotwire for about $39 less.

Hotwire price: $140 + tax $30.56 for a total of $170.56

If you are interested in getting this on Hotwire here is the Hotwire information.

On Hotwire the area is : Hollywood-South Fort Lauderdale-Aventura

It is listed as 2.5 Star 80% Recommended

Hotel Amenities: Free Parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Airport Shuttle, Fitness center, Pools(s), Business center, Golf nearby.

Make sure the Airport Shuttle is included in the amenities.

Looking for a recommendation of a moderately priced hotel in F.L. with shuttle service to the Princess cruise terminal. We are flying in, so we don't need car parking. Thank you!

Welcome to CC. You didn't say when you're cruising but the time of year will reflect hotel prices. The Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port is another option. They offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Complimentary breakfast. They also offer a contracted shuttle service from the airport to the cruise terminals. Best to sign up for the shuttle when checking in at the hotel. Not sure of the cost as we elect to take a taxi over to Port Everglades. The Hampton is also very close to a Publix in case you forgot something or want to buy some wine. Also very close to a few restaurants. Mainly fast food type.

Edited by davekathy

Stayed in the Hilton Marina hotel a few weeks ago - was very nice. We requested a tower room (from recommendations here on CC) and our balcony faced right out onto the cruise port and ocean! The Island Princess was right in front of us. Was fun to watch the boat/ship traffic come and go into the port and the 17th st. bridge go up and down. We paid $180 before taxes, $226 after taxes, for a room with 2 double beds. There's a Starbucks in the lobby, but the breakfast buffet was mediocre and expensive. Had lunch in the cafe next to the pool and it was very good (Cuban sandwich) and decent cost. Taxi ride to the port would likely take about 5 min.

We stayed in the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina on Nov. 30th before our cruise. We paid about $135 plus tax for the room. Last year the same hotel was $175 so obviously the rates do vary. They have a shuttle you can book but we find it faster to just take a cab.

We stayed in the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina on Nov. 30th before our cruise. We paid about $135 plus tax for the room. Last year the same hotel was $175 so obviously the rates do vary. They have a shuttle you can book but we find it faster to just take a cab.

We just stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina on Dec. 5th and would never stay again.

They charged us for water which we did not use (it was not on the final bill statement and showed up as a separate charge on our credit card) and refuse to answer the phone in the accounting department or respond to voice messages so we can request it be credited back to our credit card.

We got a Marina Hotel package rate that included shuttle tickets to the port (this is from a 3rd party shuttle service) and despite the Island Princess being delayed a day (which they admit to knowing) and us not going to the port they refuse to refund the money. They were not able to accommodate us a second night so there was not an option to use the tickets at a later date even if they would allow that.

The breakfast had an omelet station and we have never had a burnt omelet until they made one. We have had better breakfast at a lesser priced hotel for free.

We had a confirmed King room but they gave us a room with 2 double beds. When we got to the room we called down and they said they did not have any King rooms.

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites but we booked the cruise at the last minute and they were full. That would be our hotel of choice, none are cheap and most charge for the shuttle, so advise you do not wait to book if that is where you want to stay as they book up fast when cruise ships are leaving.

Another vote for Embassy Suites. It's got a free happy hour, free hot breakfast, and is in walking distance to shops and a few good restaurants. The shuttle ride to the cruise terminal is convenient and fast. It's not the greatest hotel inside (a bit weird design) but has enough handy features that we would use it again. The rooms are nice and spacious.

We used the Hilton Garden Inn a couple weeks ago and liked it a lot. Location is great. Several restaurants within walking distance and a Kmart almost across the street (1 or so blocks) for those forgotten items and a selection of reasonable priced wine as well that you can carry onboard. They also had a nice dinner in the in-house restaurant as well as a small bar. Breakfast cost extra but includes made to order eggs.

They have a shuttle to the airport and to the port as well. Or you can take a taxi for $or so.

Has anyone walked from Embassy Suites to the Port? It looks walkable if one does not have too much luggage.

We walked to the port, terminal 2, from the Embassy Suites this past November. We each had a roll aboard carryon and one large suitcase which we shared. I think it is about .6 mile. Sidewalks all the way. Easy. I don't know if it is doable during the heat of the summer though (don't want to arrive sweaty and stinky!).

We'll stay at the Embassy Suites for our fourth time tomorrow but have stayed at the Hilton Marina which is also a lovely hotel. We prefer the ES just because it's a little bit closer to shopping - Total Wines, Ross, Publix - and it has breakfast included, happy hour drinks and snacks, and a relaxing pool area.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You have gotten many responses already (some of which have drifted off-topic) but at the risk of redundancy I will also point out that this topic is discussed in depth every day on the Florida Departures board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

...where a little more information will be helpful.

What dates are you looking for? A hotel in February or March will run at least two and half times its rate during the summer.

Can you give us a range of what you consider "moderately priced"? Say, between $150-200 per night? That is the very bottom end during peak season but will get you a significant upgrade in quality if between Easter and mid-December. The Embassy

Suites repeatedly suggested above runs well over $300/night most of the year.

And finally, why is a shuttle a requirement? They are most certainly not "free" as those hotels offering them either (1) adjust the base rate upwards accordingly; or (2) are properties of such low quality that they only attract business by offering shuttles. The airport, cruise port and clusters of hotels are all relatively compact in Ft Lauderdale. And taxis (or Uber/Lyft) are abundant and reasonably priced--and run on your schedule not theirs, and do not make interim stops at other properties or cruise terminals.

Just my 2 cents and don’t take offense but why would someone who most likely paid thousands for a cruise want to schlepp their luggage to the port when a Uber or Taxi costs $10? JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy walking, and walk most places while at home (even though I own a car).

I enjoy walking, and walk most places while at home (even though I own a car).

I too enjoy walking but [emoji17]

We stay at the Renaissance also and agree the walk to Pier 2 is about a quarter mile but we usually have to much luggage since our trips are usually more than 7 Days.

Embassy Suites to Pier 2 is almost a mile.

Happy sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you NOT to stay at Extended Stay America - just down the street from Embassy Suites - the place is dirty, awful breakfast included ( granola bars and coffee ), terrible beds, terrible pillows......stayed there in November and never again.

eclue

We used the Hilton Garden Inn a couple weeks ago and liked it a lot. Location is great. Several restaurants within walking distance and a Kmart almost across the street (1 or so blocks) for those forgotten items and a selection of reasonable priced wine as well that you can carry onboard. They also had a nice dinner in the in-house restaurant as well as a small bar. Breakfast cost extra but includes made to order eggs.

They have a shuttle to the airport and to the port as well. Or you can take a taxi for $or so.

Another vote for the Hilton Garden Inn.

Has anyone walked from Embassy Suites to the Port? It looks walkable if one does not have too much luggage.

Yes its very walkable, did it last month from the Embassy Suites. The Renaissance is our normal hotel and is a much easier walk. We really enjoy the pre cruise walk to terminal 2. We are able to do it with the luggage on wheels, a roller bag with a big duffle on the hook so only one hand is needed and the other free. Whether a 10 day or a 38 day cruise it works for us. Rest assured we are not doing it to save money, we look forward to the walk.