Upsell (A True Story)

MsSoCalCruiser

For a few weeks I've stared at a certain balcony and even told my friend a few nights ago, if they offer me an upsell for (this dollar amount) I'm going to take it.

Well, my CC family, I received the email today. I called the number and waited patiently, well not so patiently but I waited. Shortly after I received a call, from an unknown number which I normally do not answer but today I risked it all and I picked up the phone (ha ha had to add some drama)....

It was the Princess upsell department!!! And the offer was for $11 less per person than I dreamed about. Yes, I even got the cabin that I really wanted! I feel that even with the upsell the total price was great. I am one happy cruiser. Thank you, Princess!

The end.

Congrats! We finally took an upsell offer last month for our Royal Princess cruise. I wonder if accepting one offer will get us tagged to get more. It was only our second one out of 21 cruises on Princess.

Congrats! We finally took an upsell offer last month for our Royal Princess cruise. I wonder if accepting one offer will get us tagged to get more. It was only our second one out of 21 cruises on Princess.

Congrats to you too! I hope there are many more to come. I know it's not an upgrade but it was a wonderful offer and I am VERY happy.

We got our first one and accepted and then got a few more after that which we took from a mini to a full suite. We also got one for our 12/3/17 Regal sailing and that's the first one I didn't take because I was so annoyed about the AIBP change and a few other thing. I wonder if we will get anymore now.

We got our first one and accepted and then got a few more after that which we took from a mini to a full suite. We also got one for our 12/3/17 Regal sailing and that's the first one I didn't take because I was so annoyed about the AIBP change and a few other thing. I wonder if we will get anymore now.

What is an AIBP? And why did it annoy you?

I never accept an upsell but I've had a lot of upgrades the last few years and I love them! Last year I had an awesome balcony on the Regal.

Maureen

Congrats, Linda! Enjoy the upsell. Who knows? Maybe they’ll offer me one that’ll be worth it?

Thank you, Pam! Categories IA - IF received the upsell offer for $89 per person. I thought that was a great offer. I hope you receive one too. Maybe you will receive an upgrade!

Thank you, Pam! Categories IA - IF received the upsell offer for $89 per person. I thought that was a great offer. I hope you receive one too. Maybe you will receive an upgrade!
I’d do it for $89/pp (2x for me) but my previous upsell offers have been in the $000’s.

I have never heard of an 'upsell offer' to Aussies, have you? :evilsmile:

Yes, we had one for the 20 night PNG cruise we did in August 2016. $1299pp to go from a midships inside cabin to a balcony, and the only balcony cabins left were right up forward. I ignored the offer. If I had wanted to spend the money on a balcony I could have got one in a better location for slightly less than the combined inside cabin plus upsell price during one of the price drops after we booked.

I have never heard of an 'upsell offer' to Aussies, have you? :evilsmile:

No I haven't either. that's why I have to come over to the Princess board to read the stories.

We once did get an upgrade from Princess Australia from a C to an A category on the Sun. That's probably the best I will ever get.