RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

On Independence last year after dinner on the first night i ordered 2 glasses of wine on the D+ bogo and they tried to charge me for two and after i told them it was the bogo they had to cancel the receipt and bring another one to sign.

This has happened a few times since they did away with the paper voucher book so i Always now make a point of letting them know whenever a Diamond+ benefit is being used.

I always let them know if I want to use a benefit (or not!). Not a biggie but ordered a drink at the Pool Bar and they brought me two since I had a bogo on my card even though I wasn’t planning on drinking two. Another time was charged for a drink instead of automatically using the voucher. GS took it off no problem, but easy enough to let them know up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always let them know if I want to use a benefit (or not!). Not a biggie but ordered a drink at the Pool Bar and they brought me two since I had a bogo on my card even though I wasn’t planning on drinking two. Another time was charged for a drink instead of automatically using the voucher. GS took it off no problem, but easy enough to let them know up front.

Exactly. Why leave it up to potential confusion. Easy to say it.

Once they know me (by day 1 or 2 lol) no need to say anything anymore. :D

We still haven't clarified that passengers were the ones feeding the bucket.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Prominently displaying it alone is tacky.

These are supposed to be refined, somewhat upscale ships.

Refined, somewhat upscale establishments don't put tip jars on the counter.

Prominently displaying it alone is tacky.

These are supposed to be refined, somewhat upscale ships.

Refined, somewhat upscale establishments don't put tip jars on the counter.

Keep in mind this isn't a public space but a private club. Personally I'd rather see a decorative vase with cash than see a plastic Royal beer bucket with cash in it.

I am on Oasis now in the DL on 11. There are 3 signs outside with arrows saying Wonderland.

So the directional signs are already up. The Captain said she would get some updates in Spain.

So goodbye soon to that beautiful lounge.

I am on Oasis now in the DL on 11. There are 3 signs outside with arrows saying Wonderland.

So the directional signs are already up. The Captain said she would get some updates in Spain.

So goodbye soon to that beautiful lounge.

I thought they were there from when Oasis had wonderland, but never removed. We've seen Wonderland listed on the display board at the elevators for the past year or more.

M

I thought they were there from when Oasis had wonderland, but never removed. We've seen Wonderland listed on the display board at the elevators for the past year or more.

M

They never really built Wonderland. They were working on it during TA but abandoned the idea when they decided the DL down in DR wasn't going to work

Hi Pat and Bucky,

His name was Ecko. Great person and very intelligent. He was going home and I believe he was not returning.

OMG...you would not believe how Bucky and I were wracking our brains trying to remember his name! We knew it was a simply short one...but sure could not get through the "senior fog"...;p to remember it. Sad to see him go! :(

The drinks vouchers and no overflow is pushing people in that direction which will make it easier for P&O to introduce a C&A loyalty lounge for D+ and P. What RC might do is only let D have the vouchers and not D+ as they will have an enhanced loyalty lounge with P.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Another possibly also.

It would not surprise me to see the perk of dinner in CK for JS guest mysteriously disappear from the web site list of perks someday. Then down the road as the number of Pinnacles keeps increasing eventually they will lose access as well. JMHO

I agree. We all will probably give up something the way it is going.

D's lose the DL lounge (as they did the CL not that long ago), D+ is already losing the CL on many ships, Ps larger numbers will lose SL access.

JS cabins will lose access to CK as it fills up in like fashion. It is simply the population of upper tier that is getting bigger each year...and ships like Oasis class (and others) are adding a bunch of new suites.

Not what I prefer, but change is the only thing that stays the same. :o

I agree. We all will probably give up something the way it is going.

D's lose the DL lounge (as they did the CL not that long ago), D+ is already losing the CL on many ships, Ps larger numbers will lose SL access.

JS cabins will lose access to CK as it fills up in like fashion. It is simply the population of upper tier that is getting bigger each year...and ships like Oasis class (and others) are adding a bunch of new suites.

Not what I prefer, but change is the only thing that stays the same. :o

I was under the impression that when sailing a ship that still had a CL, D+ were permitted access. Has that changed? So, when there is no CL, how can one expect access to something that does not exist on the ship. We sailed many ships years ago that did not have any D lounge, and this was way before any D event. I never felt like I was losing any benefit, the ship I selected had no lounge, plain and simple. Ok - they changed the model to call it a Suite lounge. So, if one is not in a suite, and does not have Pinnacle status there is nothing to complain about, it is a suite lounge. To the best of my knowledge, D+ were never allowed access to the suite lounge, so what is lost? There is still a lounge for D+

CK - might be another story. I suspect the JS dining arrangements on Oasis class ships will eventually change. We've had the opportunity to enjoy CK on many cruises. Even with evening access, we prefer the MDR some evenings.

I agree that the change happens!

M

They never really built Wonderland. They were working on it during TA but abandoned the idea when they decided the DL down in DR wasn't going to work

I think the Wonderland signs have always been there

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Didn't' realize that Wonderland was abandoned,. but did think that the signage was NOT new. The poster many be creating a huge rumor.

M

I was under the impression that when sailing a ship that still had a CL, D+ were permitted access. Has that changed? So, when there is no CL, how can one expect access to something that does not exist on the ship. We sailed many ships years ago that did not have any D lounge, and this was way before any D event. I never felt like I was losing any benefit, the ship I selected had no lounge, plain and simple. Ok - they changed the model to call it a Suite lounge. So, if one is not in a suite, and does not have Pinnacle status there is nothing to complain about, it is a suite lounge. To the best of my knowledge, D+ were never allowed access to the suite lounge, so what is lost? There is still a lounge for D+

CK - might be another story. I suspect the JS dining arrangements on Oasis class ships will eventually change. We've had the opportunity to enjoy CK on many cruises. Even with evening access, we prefer the MDR some evenings.

I agree that the change happens!

M

D+ have access to CL on ships that have them.

On Oasis class ships where they now have a Suite Lounge and CK only Pinnacles and Suite guests are allowed in them.