How can I find out where I have been?

So Glad

Hi, all!! We are frequent cruisers shopping for our next one, and my DH and I are bumping up against "haven't we already been there?". We have kept track of ships and dates, but not WHERE we went, ;p and in the interest of going to different Carribean Islands we have yet to see, we need help. Do you think cruise lines keep track of past cruises so if I called and gave ship and date, they'd be able to supply itinerary? Thank you for any suggestions!

Hi, all!! We are frequent cruisers shopping for our next one, and my DH and I are bumping up against "haven't we already been there?". We have kept track of ships and dates, but not WHERE we went, ;p and in the interest of going to different Carribean Islands we have yet to see, we need help. Do you think cruise lines keep track of past cruises so if I called and gave ship and date, they'd be able to supply itinerary? Thank you for any suggestions!

I thhink if you give them ship name and date of sailing, tthey likely can tell you the ittinerary.

Edited by sail7seas

I have a book shelf dedicated to just "cruising" photo albums...so when "in doubt", that is where I look. There must be a way to find out thru the cruise line...I would think. Good luck to you! :cool:

That's a great idea! Unfortunately, I suck at keeping photos organized too, lol. But thanks for the tip!!

I am sure you could call them and they could help you with this.

I kept all of my programs from our cruise including the one with the itinerary so after many years I decided to put all the ports on a spreadsheet so that helps me out plus we now do a blog for each cruise so that helps me as well.

Keith

Actually, there IS a way you can find out for cruises, especially if you know the sail dates. There is an app called "Ship Mate" and it's free. I have it downloaded to my phone. Once downloaded, you can set up a profile and then add the cruises you were on to your profile. It will list the cruise line and once you get into that, they will have a list of the ships. If you click on a particular ship, then there will be a list of years. From there you can find sail date and once you open that particular cruise, it will list the itinerary. If you wanted to add those cruises to your profile, you can.

Sorry, maybe I am too independent....but isn't it an imposition to ask the ship to do that work rather than working for people on current or upcoming trips? There seems to be enough difficulty getting timely phone responses and customer service.

Moving forward, buy or print off a decent sized map of the Caribbean (or world). Sit down over a cup of coffee with SO and start working back. On the map, write the month/year you were there....or that you at least remember being at that island/country. Highlight it, mount it on the wall and stick pins into the places visited. You can get scratch off maps or colour maps. Plenty of options for simple updates. First day of all future cruises, take a photo of the itinerary with map. If organization isn't your forte, maybe it really doesn't matter if you repeat a port. Look at it as serendipity.

Actually, there IS a way you can find out for cruises, especially if you know the sail dates. There is an app called "Ship Mate" and it's free. I have it downloaded to my phone. Once downloaded, you can set up a profile and then add the cruises you were on to your profile. It will list the cruise line and once you get into that, they will have a list of the ships. If you click on a particular ship, then there will be a list of years. From there you can find sail date and once you open that particular cruise, it will list the itinerary. If you wanted to add those cruises to your profile, you can.

Yes to this. We’ve got all our cruises entered into the Ship Mate app, and all the ports are listed except for our Zenith cruise. Very helpful!

I have my digital photos (including old prints that I've scanned) in folders that are named after the city/town and year. Cities and towns visited on a cruise are in a master folder, eg: Baltic Cruise 2009 first. I also keep a Travel Map on Tripadvisor.com with all the places I've visited pinned.

Thee are only a few islands in the Caribbean that the mass market lines visit. If you have a lot of cruises under your belt you have likely visited almost all of the mass market stops. If you want something different look at the luxury lines.

BTW the apps mentioned above are good for moving forward, they won't help the OP reconstruct cruising history.

OP the easiest way to keep track is simly make a list and store it in a word document.

BTW the apps mentioned above are good for moving forward, they won't help the OP reconstruct cruising history.

Yes, it will. All they need is ship and sail date, which OP says they have.

I have saved all my key cards, and was able to enter a full sailing history going back to 1998 into ShipMate.

Once entered, it gives the entire itinerary.

They have removed the feature that even let you enter retired ships (ie Celebrity Galaxy), but I got in before that.

Thee are only a few islands in the Caribbean that the mass market lines visit.

Few? I have only cruised on the mass market lines and we have done:

Antigua

Aruba

Barbados

Bonaire

British Virgin Islands

Colombia

Costa Rica

Costa Maya (Mexico main land)

Cozumel (Mexico)

Curaçao

Dominica

Grand Bahama (Bahamas)

Grand Cayman

Grenada

Haiti

Jamaica

Little Stirrup Cay (Bahamas)

New Providence (Bahamas)

Panama

Puerto Rico (Usa)

St. Kitts

St. Maarten

St. Thomas

St. Lucia

And there's still several places left, these are a few that comes to mind...

Belize

Cuba

Dominican Republic

Honduras

Martinique

Turks & Caicos

Guadeloupe

Key West

St. Croix

Trinidad & Tobago

Few? I have only cruised on the mass market lines and we have done:

Antigua

Aruba

Barbados

Bonaire

British Virgin Islands

Cayman Islands *

Cuba*

Colombia

Costa Rica

Costa Maya (Mexico main land)

Cozumel (Mexico)

Curaçao

Dominica

Grand Bahama (Bahamas)

Grand Cayman

Grenada

Haiti

Jamaica

Little Stirrup Cay (Bahamas)

Costa Maya * *

Belize *

HaNew Providence - NaSSAu * (Bahamas)

hALF MOON Cay, HAL's Private island in Bahamas.

Panama

San Blas Islands *

Puerto Rico (Usa)

St. Kitts

St. Maarten

St. Thomas

St. Lucia

Tortola *

And there's still several places left, these are a few that comes to mind...

Belize

Cuba

Dominican Republic

Honduras

Martinique

Turks & Caicos

Guadeloupe

Key West

St. Croix

Trinidad & Tobago

I visited St. B art's * two or three cruises on HAL

I added some to your list but put * beside those I added

Edited by sail7seas
I added a few islands to the listt

Always look on the bright side.

What's the best thing about dementia?

You get to make new friends every day, over and over again.

or

You get to visit new ports every time you sail - on the same itinerary.

Hahahaha!!! This is great...and you could probably apply this theory to many aspects of one's life.:')

A helpful tip I’ve picked up is a travel journal. You can write down things about the trip and ports etc. This has helped DH and I not only to remember where we have been but when we recall the trip and he asks remember that guy oh what was his name I most likely wrote about it. Might not help you for the past but something for the future.

Oh how cool is THAT!! Thanks so much for the info!

Sorry, maybe I am too independent....but isn't it an imposition to ask the ship to do that work rather than working for people on current or upcoming trips? There seems to be enough difficulty getting timely phone responses and customer service.

Moving forward, buy or print off a decent sized map of the Caribbean (or world). Sit down over a cup of coffee with SO and start working back. On the map, write the month/year you were there....or that you at least remember being at that island/country. Highlight it, mount it on the wall and stick pins into the places visited. You can get scratch off maps or colour maps. Plenty of options for simple updates. First day of all future cruises, take a photo of the itinerary with map. If organization isn't your forte, maybe it really doesn't matter if you repeat a port. Look at it as serendipity.

Fabulous idea, thank you so much!!

A helpful tip I’ve picked up is a travel journal. You can write down things about the trip and ports etc. This has helped DH and I not only to remember where we have been but when we recall the trip and he asks remember that guy oh what was his name I most likely wrote about it. Might not help you for the past but something for the future.

This is a great idea, too!! But I'd have to make it huge and brightly colored so I could find it when I wanted it, lol!! Thanks!

I am sure you could call them and they could help you with this.

I kept all of my programs from our cruise including the one with the itinerary so after many years I decided to put all the ports on a spreadsheet so that helps me out plus we now do a blog for each cruise so that helps me as well.

Keith

Ohhhh!! A spreadsheet is a great idea going forward!!