Does anyone EVER use the search feature??

adamnoone

Search feature is not perfect and you can go through pages before finding anything similar to your search. But then, it could be years old.

I have an idea, don't read threads if you don't want to help.

Not trying to be rude but there are a plethora of duplicate threads on the board. The search feature works well. Give it a shot people, it only takes a moment.

Mini rant over.

If you use the search feature, there are many threads suggesting people use the search feature, give it a try.:eek::cool:

Not trying to be rude but there are a plethora of duplicate threads on the board. The search feature works well. Give it a shot people, it only takes a moment.

Mini rant over.

And as soon as someone posts to an old thread the found via search, they get criticized for dredging up an old thread.

I don't understand the concerns about duplicate posts. Really who cares? Not one time while on this forum have I been forced to read something. Here's a novel idea. If it looks like something that has been posted before then don't click on it.

I've used Search and found threads from 2013 mixed in with those from 2017, sometimes with different information.

I usually want the most up to date information, which can only be found by starting a new thread.

I don't understand the concerns about duplicate posts.

The search results would likely yield better results if there were fewer duplicate threads. Some other forums' mods merge threads to cut down on duplication (it happens some here too).

Not working at all or not working as far as finding what you are searching for. Not that it matters but it's working, at least for me.

Not working at all. I type in what I want and it just sits there. Not a big deal. I don't urgently need to know anything right now.

I've used Search and found threads from 2013 mixed in with those from 2017, sometimes with different information.

I usually want the most up to date information, which can only be found by starting a new thread.

That's what I've encountered. It's hard to tell if the information is still correct.

Not working at all. I type in what I want and it just sits there. Not a big deal. I don't urgently need to know anything right now.

Just ask anyway. As most of us know the search function is only an option. Well be careful the OP of this thread may go into another mini rant. :rolleyes:

Mini rant over.

The search feature might work well, sitting at a desk, using a computer. But that's not how some of us access the site. I use Tapatalk almost exclusively, and it's search function doesn't work worth a damn.

I did a search on searching and found no other search discussions.

Seriously, I don't think as many do actual research than they do use this as a chat board, which tends to have a lot of duplicity. I'm okay either way. I tend to research a lot but if I can't find answers that fulfill me, I'll re ask a question from time to time. Most that respond don't know the question was asked before, and you occasionally get fresh info.