Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

My past cruises are getting jumbled in my mind. I do recall the Radiance having a fish and chip place at no extra charge on the top deck. Rueben sandwiches also? Loved the view and the selection of food for no extra charge. Am I dreaming? No JR fee. Someone put me in a nursing home if I am wrong. I guess the proper term is an assisted living facility now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in a boardwalk balcony room this Sunday and we are not being given these perks. Perhaps who you book with?

How do you know you are not being give the perks? It does not matter how you booked.

My past cruises are getting jumbled in my mind. I do recall the Radiance having a fish and chip place at no extra charge on the top deck. Rueben sandwiches also? Loved the view and the selection of food for no extra charge. Am I dreaming? No JR fee. Someone put me in a nursing home if I am wrong. I guess the proper term is an assisted living facility now

No Johnny Rockets on the Radiance class ships.

That was called the Sea View Cafe. I am not sure if it has been replaced on all of the Radiance class ships or not. I think a pay dining option is in that location now.

That is how it has always been since they introduced the cover charge and on ships where it has not gone to a la carte.

I wonder if the food is still "unlimited" at the new pricepoint?

Yes, we were told it was "all you can eat".

That was called the Sea View Cafe. I am not sure if it has been replaced on all of the Radiance class ships or not. I think a pay dining option is in that location now.
That is correct, Sea View Cafe which was wonderful is long gone and replaced with a Specialty Dinning option. Seaview Cafe was very good and a nice place to eat.

We are in a boardwalk balcony room this Sunday and we are not being given these perks. Perhaps who you book with?

It must be on the website as my daughter knew about it, plus some time on the rock wall, and maybe something else. Then when we booked the RCI person mentioned it. I guess you’ll be surprised when you get onboard ;)

It must be on the website as my daughter knew about it, plus some time on the rock wall, and maybe something else. Then when we booked the RCI person mentioned it. I guess you’ll be surprised when you get onboard ;)

Info on the Eat, Drink, Play offer:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/16050977_EAT_DRINK_PLAY_Trade_Flyer.pdf

welp looks like another eatery that will become a ghost town.....:rolleyes:

Keep in mind on any given cruise 50% of the passengers are new to RCI. They won't see the increase as significant to be as we do because they'll just see it as " Hey, all you can eat Johnny Rockets for 10 bucks!!!"

Keep in mind on any given cruise 50% of the passengers are new to RCI. They won't see the increase as significant to be as we do because they'll just see it as " Hey, all you can eat Johnny Rockets for 10 bucks!!!"

Remember there is nothing special about JR, not like your getting all you can eat Crab legs or something really good. There is only so much grease you can eat. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do not agree with that statistic.

I assume that you made it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember there is nothing special about JR, not like your getting all you can eat Crab legs or something really good. There is only so much grease you can eat. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many kids love it and the parents will pay. Regardless of how many cruises they have been on. Kids vaca also

Many kids love it and the parents will pay. Regardless of how many cruises they have been on. Kids vaca also

How hard is it to get a "free" burger in the buffet? Johnny Rockets burger is basically the same as the buffet burger. I don't get it and although I am no super fan of Carnival the "free" Guys Burger Joint venue is a totally different tasting burger than the buffet offering. It is amazing to me the Johnny Rocket thing has lasted this long for Royal.....the free breakfast aspect is probably what is keeping it "afloat".

You see the same thing happen in destinations around the world. You'll find a McDonald's packed with travelers who may live down the street from one back home. Not sure what it is. Maybe it's familiar or comfortable to them. I have to admit, I've done it once in Vegas. I got an over priced Big Mac while recovering from a hangover. Yes, it helped. A lot!

I don't think I'll be doing JR while on the ship. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see the place packed when I get there, for whatever reason. And I bet even of it was rack rate, or slightly over priced, you'd still see people eating there.

You see the same thing happen in destinations around the world. You'll find a McDonald's packed with travelers who may live down the street from one back home. Not sure what it is. Maybe it's familiar or comfortable to them. I have to admit, I've done it once in Vegas. I got an over priced Big Mac while recovering from a hangover. Yes, it helped. A lot!

I don't think I'll be doing JR while on the ship. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see the place packed when I get there, for whatever reason. And I bet even of it was rack rate, or slightly over priced, you'd still see people eating there.

On our very first Oasis of the Seas cruise we ate there twice and the thing I found different from the burgers at the Windjammer is that at JR's they are made fresh with your order (compared to the Windjammer where they could have been sitting there for some time), the fries were ok, the onion rings were very good and the milk shake was excellent. The current price however, will keep us from eating there, unless of course RCL or our TA provides us some unexpected OBC and we don't have anything else to spend it on! :D

How hard is it to get a "free" burger in the buffet? Johnny Rockets burger is basically the same as the buffet burger. I don't get it and although I am no super fan of Carnival the "free" Guys Burger Joint venue is a totally different tasting burger than the buffet offering. It is amazing to me the Johnny Rocket thing has lasted this long for Royal.....the free breakfast aspect is probably what is keeping it "afloat".

Hey, I'm glad JR is $9.95. It'll keep me from eating unhealthy burgers. Guys on Carnival and Dive-In on HAL are free and delicious and as a result, I ate more that I should have. ;)

Hey, I'm glad JR is $9.95. It'll keep me from eating unhealthy burgers. Guys on Carnival and Dive-In on HAL are free and delicious and as a result, I ate more that I should have. ;)

Just because you're such a nice guy, I'll help you out. I will allow you to pay me $10 every time you have a burger on Carinival or HAL.