Taking water onboard

russnleanne

Welcome to NCL. You can't bring any beverage on board. If you did, they wouldn't be able to charge you their inflated prices.

I did see the price of their bottled water...we won't be buying that either:eek: good grief! I sure hope the "regular" water is good

It's been that way for a while now. For more info on what you can and can't take check out the Alcohol and Beverage policy listed in the Frequently Asked questions section on NCL.com.

no that's ok...we would have only taken water. we won't be cruising NCL after this anyway.

no that's ok...we would have only taken water. we won't be cruising NCL after this anyway.

Bring an empty water bottle with you and fill it up on the ship. The water on board is better and more purified than anything that you could bring on board. BTW water in Hawaii is usually pretty good. Don't make a big deal out of nothing.

Bring an empty water bottle with you and fill it up on the ship. The water on board is better and more purified than anything that you could bring on board. BTW water in Hawaii is usually pretty good. Don't make a big deal out of nothing.

I was just wondering...I just hadn't heard of such a thing. we do have insulated cups...

Honolulu water has good taste since it is untreated and unfiltered. You get whatever comes out of the ground.

Honolulu water has good taste since it is untreated and unfiltered. You get whatever comes out of the ground.

I actually looked up the water quality reports for the hydrants at pier 2 and pier 11 (Aloha tower). Both show the water as being treated with chlorine.

If you do a little research you will find that the water on board most ships meets higher quality standard than most municipalities. I drink the tap water and just add ice from the bucket in my stateroom. I just make sure to tell the cabin steward to make sure to keep my ice bucket full.

I actually looked up the water quality reports for the hydrants at pier 2 and pier 11 (Aloha tower). Both show the water as being treated with chlorine.

Correct..

Does the BWS treat the water?

Yes, The Honolulu Board of Water Supply BWS treats water in accordance with all State and Federal drinking water regulations. Currently, the BWS treats drinking water with chlorine, and in certain areas of Oahu the water is also treated with granular activated carbon (GAC).

bosco

Hi all!

I wasn't able to take the empty plastic water bottle I brought along to refill on the ship, onboard Escape in Miami in Oct.

I usually take an empty bottle to the airport, fill it there for on the plane then dump it before boarding the ship. On the ship I use the melted ice to refill my bottle to take on excursions or sometimes bring a glass of lemonade from the buffet to put in the bottle to take ashore.

I'm going to try my routine again on my next NCL cruise (Star from Venice) to see if it was just Miami's policy or NCL's.

~ Jo ~:)

Where did you get the idea that Honolulu city water is ---untreated???

I would put my portfolio against any claim that any western civilized city provides its peoples with "raw" water.

Unless your in California, then all bets are off. Those people pay $15 a gallon for the privilege of getting sick, or worse.

Where did you get the idea that Honolulu city water is ---untreated???

I would put my portfolio against any claim that any western civilized city provides its peoples with "raw" water.

Unless your in California, then all bets are off. Those people pay $15 a gallon for the privilege of getting sick, or worse.

Yeah, of Honolulu's water was untreated, they will get swarmed by California hipsters and their "Raw Water" bullpoop.

Last cruise I took on NCL was 2016 and I slapped a luggage tag on a 24 pack of water and handed it to the porter and it got to my room. Was there an official policy change that says we can no longer do that?
I cruised Feb 2016 and brought on water, that summer NCL announced no more bottled drinks. I was hoping they'd add bottle water to their beverage package like RC does, but they haven't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi all!

I wasn't able to take the empty plastic water bottle I brought along to refill on the ship, onboard Escape in Miami in Oct.

I usually take an empty bottle to the airport, fill it there for on the plane then dump it before boarding the ship. On the ship I use the melted ice to refill my bottle to take on excursions or sometimes bring a glass of lemonade from the buffet to put in the bottle to take ashore.

I'm going to try my routine again on my next NCL cruise (Star from Venice) to see if it was just Miami's policy or NCL's.

~ Jo ~:)

Are you saying that they took it away from you? Boarding the Escape at Miami last month I probably had 4 water bottles in my carry-on, 2 empty and 2 full (gained one at the hotel and one from the shuttle van). Nobody cared.

Last cruise I took on NCL was 2016 and I slapped a luggage tag on a 24 pack of water and handed it to the porter and it got to my room. Was there an official policy change that says we can no longer do that?

Yes. As previously mentioned in this thread the info is in the FAQ's.

Yes, the policy changed in either late 2016 or early 2017.