Haven Visitors?

soxfan2013

Can Haven guests have visitors to the Haven pool area and dining room? I presume people in suites can have guests served meals with them in their suite dining room?

How much "better" is the Haven restaurant than the best gourmet premium restuarant on the ship?

You can't have guests in the common Haven areas. You may have them in your room, and they can go to the Haven restaurant for a $25 fee. When we brought guests to the restaurant, the staff went out of their way to take good care of us. Our guests enjoyed having dinner there.

Some of it is down to the concierge and how much they agree. We had friends in the haven once on jewel when we were in a balcony and they allowed us to be brought in for a short visit to look around but not stay. When we did the haven on breakaway and asked if we could show someone around we were told no. Another time we had a cabin crawl on epic and 65 of us got to see one of the cabins and the common areas. It all depends t seems on the concierge and ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can Haven guests have visitors to the Haven pool area and dining room? I presume people in suites can have guests served meals with them in their suite dining room? How much "better" is the Haven restaurant than the best gourmet premium restuarant on the ship?

You can have guests to your room. They may not use the pool, lounge, bar, or any other facility. They may dine in the Havens Restaurant for a $25 per person, per meal fee (breakfast upcharge is less).

The Havens restaurant is "o.k.". But the menu never changes. Sample Havens menus and photos of some of the dishes can be found on the following link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2539744

The Havens Restaurant Manager said to us "if you want prime rib, have it in the Havens for free. It is the exact same as served in Cagney's. And in the Havens, you can eat as much as you want". So, in the case of prime rib, it is the exact same as served in the premium Cagney's restaurant (which is the best restaurant as far as I am concerned).

As far as in-suite dining, most of the tables in the room are very small. Seat 2-3 people at best. Others can sit on the floor or the sofa.

Should be noted that all ships with haven do not have restaurant or lounge.

There is no disclosure on the NCL site that Haven restaurant and Lounge may not available on all ships. The NCL Haven page is very misleading. Amenities listed imply that they are available to all Haven Guests.

So, in that case, there is no issue with bringing guests to Haven Restaurant or Haven Lounge. :confused:

There is no disclosure on the NCL site that Haven restaurant and Lounge may not available on all ships. The NCL Haven page is very misleading. Amenities listed imply that they are available to all Haven Guests.

So, in that case, there is no issue with bringing guests to Haven Restaurant or Haven Lounge. :confused:

This is one of the many reasons that we check out deck plans before we book a cruise. We are going on the Jade and put a bid in on an upgrade to the Haven. The minimum bid for the two cabins we looked at were pretty reasonable for an 11 day cruise. After looking at the deck plans for the Haven I saw that they did not have their own bar or restaurant.

This is one of the many reasons that we check out deck plans before we book a cruise. We are going on the Jade and put a bid in on an upgrade to the Haven. The minimum bid for the two cabins we looked at were pretty reasonable for an 11 day cruise. After looking at the deck plans for the Haven I saw that they did not have their own bar or restaurant.

It's fairly easy to remember, without having to look at the deck plans.

Ships older than Jewel Class - No Haven

Jewel Class (Jewel, Gem, Pearl and Jade) - Has a Haven but no Haven restaurant

Epic and newer (Epic, |Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy, Bliss) - Has a Haven restaurant.

How much "better" is the Haven restaurant than the best gourmet premium restuarant on the ship?

I wouldn't say it's any better than any of the other for fee dinning options for dinner. I like the lunch there, but always check out the MDR menu for the day before I commit. The breakfast is my favorite in the Haven- I think it's the best meal the offer.

Can Haven guests have visitors to the Haven pool area and dining room? I presume people in suites can have guests served meals with them in their suite dining room?

The service is much better and faster (if you care) in the Haven restaurant than any other options on-board. You also won't have to wait for a table, typically. The menu is the same every day which is a good reason to use the free SDP incentive. Another thing we like is that if we become friendly with others in the Haven (which we typically do), it's easy to meet up and share a meal. Important for us is that we don't ever have to go to the buffet when we're in the Haven and, for us, that's worth the price of admission almost every time.

The Pearl does not have a Haven Restaurant. There is a suite specific breakfast and lunch served in Modernos, but no special suite dinner option. There is a small Haven area on deck 14 that serves the "haven" suites (not all suites on the Pearl are haven- only those starting with H). The small area has a small pool, tables/chairs, loungers, and a hot tub. It also has a private sundeck above. There is a butler for this area who can arrange breakfast lunch or dinner to be served there, but the dinner will be from either the main dining room, or one of the specialty dining rooms (you DO pay the charge in that case, or use one of your SDP nights.)

As an occasional Haven customer, I do not want visitors anyplace in there other than a guest room. I’m paying for the maximum peace, tranquility, and space available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We don't stay in the Haven but I agree with you 100%.

It's fairly easy to remember, without having to look at the deck plans.

Ships older than Jewel Class - No Haven

Jewel Class (Jewel, Gem, Pearl and Jade) - Has a Haven but no Haven restaurant

Epic and newer (Epic, |Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy, Bliss) - Has a Haven restaurant.

It should be noted as well that unless the policy has changed, if you are not booked in a "Haven" category suite on the Jewel class ship you do not have access to the Haven. We learned this only after boarding the Jewel and attempting to go to the Haven from our forwarding facing suite on deck 10.

It should be noted as well that unless the policy has changed, if you are not booked in a "Haven" category suite on the Jewel class ship you do not have access to the Haven. We learned this only after boarding the Jewel and attempting to go to the Haven from our forwarding facing suite on deck 10.

I can't access the American NCL-site and see the information there but in the European site it's possible, but not easy, to see which suites that has access to the Haven.

I can't access the American NCL-site and see the information there but in the European site it's possible, but not easy, to see which suites that has access to the Haven.

On the UK site, suites with Haven access have the word Haven in their title as well as being listed in a separate section on the stateroom section options.

It’s fairly easy to remember anyway. To have Haven access on these ships your cabin must be located within the Haven itself or be one of the four Owners Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pearl does not have a Haven Restaurant. There is a suite specific breakfast and lunch served in Modernos, but no special suite dinner option. There is a small Haven area on deck 14 that serves the "haven" suites (not all suites on the Pearl are haven- only those starting with H). The small area has a small pool, tables/chairs, loungers, and a hot tub. It also has a private sundeck above. There is a butler for this area who can arrange breakfast lunch or dinner to be served there, but the dinner will be from either the main dining room, or one of the specialty dining rooms (you DO pay the charge in that case, or use one of your SDP nights.)

There's no Haven private lounge w free drinks?

The term 'Haven Guests' means PAYING Haven Guests (those that paid to be in the Haven), not guests of those that are staying in the Haven.