Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

18 minutes ago, CazV said:

Searching by ship the same as you. I'm not alone, so it's interesting that your search still shows all the cruises lol 

The wonders of the NCL website 😅

Now I did notice this.... If I select Ship name AND a month, then I get zero results.  Any month...  Even September that you mention seeing, if I choose Encore & September 2020, I get no matches.

Obviously something is going on or filtering through the network in some way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CazV said:

Searching by ship the same as you. I'm not alone, so it's interesting that your search still shows all the cruises lol 

The wonders of the NCL website 😅

DAMN, I just tried again right now...  Selecting only ship name and the earliest cruise that comes up as a match is October 2020 now.

1 minute ago, rtkenmore said:

Now I did notice this.... If I select Ship name AND a month, then I get zero results.  Any month...  Even September that you mention seeing, if I choose Encore & September 2020, I get no matches.

Obviously something is going on or filtering through the network in some way.

Yeah there's another post out on the forum now too... it's not just Encore sailings that are affected. 
Oh well... it gave us something to talk about for half an hour lol 

29 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

This next one looks like a garage from Hoarders.  “Sam, you need to get rid of the ship.  When was the last time you used it?!?”

What's that show where they bid on storage contents, sight unseen? Storage Wars? Then the door opens, and this is in there. It looks like that.

I have never been in Vibe but I am surprised how much the new Vibe is being flamed.  If laying in the sun all day is important to you then a Vibe pass is ideal to guarantee you a chair with the best views from deck 20.  This is like a mega Posh IMHO.  People splurge 225 on spa passes just for heated loungers and the thermal pool.  If they really make it a VIP area with walking bartenders and food service, it would be ideal.  On a mega ship, this could be the best bang for the buck IMHO.

However, my complaint is the same complaint about Posh.  If I lay in the hot Caribbean sun for hours, I need access to a cool pool for relief.  No hot tubs for me.  It needs a small plunge pool like in the Haven to cool off.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I have never been in Vibe but I am surprised how much the new Vibe is being flamed. 

I don’t think many have issue with a large & expanded Vibe area, beyond the concerns about whether or not NCL can maintain the service level & ambiance at a larger scale.

The issue is what’s left - after a string of questionable top-deck decisions.  Keep in mind that the aft view / complimentary adult-only area had already been eliminated for an upcharge activity where views don’t matter.  Now, the upper-deck vantage point has also been eliminated.

There hasn’t been much mention of impact on the Waterfront - but I suspect that’ll become quite a bit more crowded. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

I don’t think many have issue with a large & expanded Vibe area, beyond the concerns about whether or not NCL can maintain the service level & ambiance at a larger scale.

The issue is what’s left - after a string of questionable top-deck decisions.  Keep in mind that the aft view / complimentary adult-only area had already been eliminated for an upcharge activity where views don’t matter.  Now, the upper-deck vantage point has also been eliminated.

There hasn’t been much mention of impact on the Waterfront - but I suspect that’ll become quite a bit more crowded. 

Perfect response!

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

However, my complaint is the same complaint about Posh.  If I lay in the hot Caribbean sun for hours, I need access to a cool pool for relief.  No hot tubs for me.  It needs a small plunge pool like in the Haven to cool off.  

It is Engineering 101. The more weight you put high up on the ship, the more unstable it becomes, esp if it is filled with water. 

Ar least one version of the plans for the Escape 5-year dry dock project show the removal of the ropes course, sports court, and other topside features and the installation of a go kart track. Similarly, they are looking at the weight of the track and stability of the ship. 

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is Engineering 101. The more weight you put high up on the ship, the more unstable it becomes, esp if it is filled with water. 

Ar least one version of the plans for the Escape 5-year dry dock project show the removal of the ropes course, sports court, and other topside features and the installation of a go kart track. Similarly, they are looking at the weight of the track and stability of the ship. 

Noooo! I was considering the October 2020 TA on the Escape after dock because it's my favorite ship in the fleet. I will be very disappointed if they do this.

18 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Noooo! I was considering the October 2020 TA on the Escape after dock because it's my favorite ship in the fleet. I will be very disappointed if they do this.

Ugh, when is dry dock planned for Escape? I have both TAs booked for next year, even talked the spouse into going on his first with me in April.

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

At least one version of the plans for the Escape 5-year dry dock project show the removal of the ropes course, sports court, and other topside features and the installation of a go kart track.

That would be a lot of dead camels.  

10 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Ugh, when is dry dock planned for Escape? I have both TAs booked for next year, even talked the spouse into going on his first with me in April.

I believe the dry dock is October 2020, just before the TA from Southampton to Port Canaveral.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Are these plans visible to the public anywhere?  Like leaked versions, etc.?

11 minutes ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

On the website it has a deck plan for "Sailings after October 2020" and the rope course and everything mentioned is still there. 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/deck-plans/the-haven

I'm sure that's more so to differentiate between the cabin changes.  If you click back and forth between the before and after on cabin decks, a lot of cabins are being reclassified.

nice found, but i see only some changes in staterooms names. the public sundeck is still there at the left front and all other is the same.

i would not bet that there will not be more changes. But i hope not. ( only a syd norman´s is welcome )

don´t change the Escape NCL

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Jamie, since you were on the Escape last week, did you see a "Future Home of Go Karts" on the door of Spice H20? This info was from our April trip on the Escape where we were talking with one of the senior officers. He said that it was still in engineering to see if the weight would cause any stability issues. 

On 6/15/2019 at 9:50 AM, JamieLogical said:

I believe the dry dock is October 2020, just before the TA from Southampton to Port Canaveral.

Thanks, I'm not taking any chances. Cancelling the Escape for Oct 2020 and rebooked Epic Nov 2020. Got the same perks plus and aft facing balcony for $389 less!

33 minutes ago, HowardK said:

It would be sad if they got rid of Spice H20 just to make more money but that seems to be the norm- although I'm looking forward to the go karts on the Encore -Spice H20 seems to be dwindling- 

I used Spice a lot on the Epic TA last November. Was also very glad to see NCL added one to Star. 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:33 PM, timf2001 said:

They no longer offer the unlimited race package.

Do you know if they offer unlimited just for one day as well or is it totally done? I heard it was now $15 a turn.

If there is no unlimited racetrack I'll try getting vibe for a change.  They seem to have gotten greedy and forgotten about the part where people like to go on a cruise and relax and get a seat by the pool or the ocean- which - silly me- thought was a major part of cruising (used to be in the 90's).

Now it seems about cramming every square foot of something into a revenue maker. Premium UBP - another sign of desperation on their part. Does anyone really care about the ugly octopus looking thing ? I'm sure they have to cover the costs of that debacle.

Anyway- looking forward to seeing everyone in May regardless! My friend Dave from Dayton thought he heard when on the Bliss last week that there were plans to make a premium (for charge of course) burger station at the buffet. 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:22 PM, BirdTravels said:

Jamie, since you were on the Escape last week, did you see a "Future Home of Go Karts" on the door of Spice H20? This info was from our April trip on the Escape where we were talking with one of the senior officers. He said that it was still in engineering to see if the weight would cause any stability issues. 

I hope they just leave this one as is- I'm trying to squeeze out another trip on it before it moves from NYC- my favorites were district/spice H20/ and howl at the moon.

The fact that they are adding (or attempting to add) Go Karts to other ships people already love is the clearest indication that NCL doesn't give a rat's a$$ about its' loyal customers, but only about how much money those customers can add to their on board spend.  

The Go Karts thing is a cool concept.  I am sure that there are people out there who when planning a vacation are like "that's awesome we have to try that".  But that's it...try it.  You do it once, maybe twice, and you're done.  Having it on one or two ships makes them "the ships with the go kart track".  Forcing it on every ship that it can fit on, even ones that already have great ratings and reviews, killing all the novelty of it, totally different.  And what happens when this all backfires?  And all the latitude (repeat sailing) members don't use the go karts at all.  Are there enough new cruisers on a weekly basis to sustain them?  OR did you just waste 1/3rd of your top side real estate on an attraction that will collect dust after awhile.

I just don't get it, other than Norwegian officially saying screw it.  Let's not even try to hide it anymore.  Everything on board will be an extra fee, take it or leave it.  

• Like 1