Upgrade to a mini suite??? Yay or Nay

new2cruisin2018

Mother in Law offered to pay the upsell offer fee to go form our deluxe balcony to a mini suite. Is there any reason not to do it? 2 adults/ 2 kids

Yes.

We had a balcony room on our last Princess cruise (3 adults) and took the mini-suite upsell. Sooooo worth it.

The mini-suite may be a problem for people with mobility issues. It has a shower in tub which may be difficult for some people to step into. If this is not a concern, then it definitely would provide more room for four people.

If you want the upsell, you need to call quickly as they can go quickly. You leave a message and they will get back to you if there are any cabins left to be unsold. Get your name on the list, you can always say you changed your mind when they call if you don't want it.

The upsell price is for the first 2 in the cabin, the others don't have pay it. So it would cost you $298.00 total.

$149pp is a good price. We were offered the upsell for $299pp which was very close to what it would've been if we had paid full price for the mini from the beginning. :rolleyes:

The premium balcony rooms are already a great size as far as cruise cabins go. The difference I've found between the premium balcony and the mini suite is a slightly larger sofa (3 cushions vs 2) and the larger bathroom (tub/shower vs just shower). You said the upsell is $149pp but you didn't mention for how many days. If it is a shorter cruise, the money might be more fun to go towards a specialty restaurant.

We had an upsell offer last week for 199pp for 7 nt Regal Prin cruise -- we booked a mini for a 10 night Royal Prin cruise, but felt that this time the 199pp could be better applied to our drinks & gratuities, & perhaps a specialty restaurant.

The premium balcony rooms are already a great size as far as cruise cabins go. The difference I've found between the premium balcony and the mini suite is a slightly larger sofa (3 cushions vs 2) and the larger bathroom (tub/shower vs just shower). You said the upsell is $149pp but you didn't mention for how many days. If it is a shorter cruise, the money might be more fun to go towards a specialty restaurant.

I also think the storage is much better in a mini suite than in a deluxe balcony. To put the love seat in the DB they cut a lot of vanity/drawer space. The mini suite also has a wider cabinet so you gain storage there with bigger shelves. That may not matter to some, but to someone who hates clutter and likes to put everything away it’s a big deal![emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes.

We had a balcony room on our last Princess cruise (3 adults) and took the mini-suite upsell. Sooooo worth it.

how much is the extra cost , also where do you find about the upgrade , im going on my first cruise in july , many thanks