Has anyone ever rented a pool-side cabana at Margaritaville in Turk?

LongHill44

We do it all the time.

One price for up to four people.

Good place to store your stuff then go exploring. Don’t mistake the A/C to actually work very well. :D You’re not going to get goose bumps in there. Be lucky to stop sweating. But we enjoy it. Servers to bring you lunch, snacks, and frosty cold drinks (all that you have to pay for) sail and sign card doesn’t work here.

You really only need it if there will be more than one ship in port. there is plenty of places around the pool that are shaded and chairs are easy to get. If there are two ships, and yours is the second one. seats will be had to find and it would be worth it to get one.

They have a sectional couch and a table in them as well as air conditioning. There will be a person assigned to your cabana that will get food and drinks from the Margaritaville menu.

If you look on the Grand Turk page for this board, several people have asked about these. Some people say it's not worth it, but we loved having it last year when we went. We had 2 families (7 people), and they never really said anything. Probably because the 2 husbands and 2 sons were often down in the ocean snorkeling. We only were all up there when we ate. But for us, we loved having a place to just hang and not have to worry about our stuff.

You really only need it if there will be more than one ship in port. there is plenty of places around the pool that are shaded and chairs are easy to get. If there are two ships, and yours is the second one. seats will be had to find and it would be worth it to get one.

They have a sectional couch and a table in them as well as air conditioning. There will be a person assigned to your cabana that will get food and drinks from the Margaritaville menu.

If you are one large ship, and you don't get there early, there will be nothing available. We were there on Magic, and I can't get my sister moving before noon. By the time we were ashore, there was nothing but a patch of grass. I loved the pool. That was my motivation - of all the times I have been there, I never went into the pool. EM

We did it there for the first time in Jan. 2018. Liked it so much we have already rent one on each of our next 4 cruises there. Also love to get a Poolside cabana at Amber Cove, at Half Moon Cay, and also at Mahogany Bay. Also book one of the cabanas at Isla Pasion (Cozumel) when we get the chance.

Yes, we did it last year. It was wonderful, we loved every second of it. Especially good when it gets too hot.

Nin

We will only be there 7 hours but they are priced very reasonable.

Thoughts?

We do it all the time.

One price for up to four people.

Good place to store your stuff then go exploring. Don’t mistake the A/C to actually work very well. :D You’re not going to get goose bumps in there. Be lucky to stop sweating. But we enjoy it. Servers to bring you lunch, snacks, and frosty cold drinks (all that you have to pay for) sail and sign card doesn’t work here.

We reserved far in advance, was the first to arrive and choose, so we went for Cabana #1 which to use was perfect and had a shower next to it. They had the air already on and we had to turn it way down and we like it cold. Perhaps some work better then others.

You must order the nachos!

Yes, you can cancel it. We did last week. Opted to rent a Jeep and explore instead since we had done the cabana the previous year.

Thanks. I booked it for our Oct cruise. Will see if we want to keep it. We have friends going on same cruise and they have 4 kids with them so will be 8 of us, which may be too many.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you book through Carnival excursion page? It is not showing up yet for April 2019, too soon? How much was it? Tia! Can’t wait to book it! Booked a villa at HMC, so thought I would stick with the theme of the trip...lol

Do you book through Carnival excursion page? It is not showing up yet for April 2019, too soon? How much was it? Tia! Can’t wait to book it! Booked a villa at HMC, so thought I would stick with the theme of the trip...lol

Yes, you book through them. It may not be on there yet, but keep watching for it to show up. There's only 10 of them, so they can sell out quickly. And if you look at the excursions as a guest (so not signed in) it shows the price. They're $192/each. So they've gone up I think about $40 since we booked about 18 months ago.