Pupa & The Princesses: Spring Break Aboard Allure Of The Seas

"Unhappy"???? Either a typo, or you missed the part where her luggage made it to the ship before embarkation. All's good!

And, oh yeah ....... following. Will be on Allure with my BW (beautiful wife) in 250 days.

Completely missed it. Observant, I am.

Hi everyone!

Missy always great to hear from you again. Thought of you in Labadee actually and said I had to make sure I made the time to do a review

Ok My Time Dining ---

I admit, I did no prep for the cruise and it was a first for me and I didn't research it so totally my fault for not being prepared.

Day 1, yes there was a line for people with reservations and people without.

Those were the only two lines I saw.

The "without reservations" line was the one that was very very long.

We did ask about making a standing reservation for the rest of the week. I was told that we needed to call the reservations line the next morning. They were not taking reservations for the week at the desk after 4pm.

It wasn't morning --- but I did call the next day midday ish and when I called I was told there were no more reservations available before 8:30pm for the remainder of the sailing.

I was encouraged to come again and use the line for people without reservations.

I checked again just to be sure and again was told earliest they had was 8:30pm

Starvenger, The solarium bistro is much much quieter and more relaxed than Windjammer. As for the food it depends on your eating style. It's a windjammer style buffet, but food is healthier. Great salad options, and there's also hot items like baked chicken and what not. As long as you're not looking for fries, honey stung chicken, and burgers you'll be fine.

No RFID chip on the seapass --- traditional swipe ones.

I'll start working on Day 2 shortly, need to grab a late dinner, long day at the office. :-)

Thank you so much for the updates! We are first time cruisers & these live updates are #1 in credibly helpful & #2 totally giving me something to focus on!

So glad your wife for her luggage, plus some new things! I hope you enjoy your trip!!

Day 2

IMG_2081.jpg

Allure steamed along toward Haiti Day 2 in honestly what was some of the best weather you could imagine. It was warm, flirting with hot, great sunshine light and the sea was super smooth.

No sea legs needed, we barely felt like we were moving. Many regulars were remarking on how it was unusually smooth.

Woke up early to a frustrated wife. This was our first cruise since RCI added a service charge for room service.

My wife always says her favorite part of cruising it waking up pre dawn, while the rest of us sleep, ordering her coffee and watching the sun rise from our balcony.

This morning I was awaken, hearing her on the phone with room service sounding dumbfounded as she learned about the change.

She ordered it anyway, then called back and cancelled feeling guilty.

29365847_10216571991276202_2615821321635889152_n.jpg

Anyway -- I later learned she walked down to Starbucks instead --- which likely cost almost as much as room service! Come on!!!

29314982_10216571994756289_2009688083393413120_n.jpg

Wife and little bit got the day started with the Dreamworks parade in the promenade. Wife had rave reviews as usual, saying they had a great view and the cast did a great job.

IMG_2067.jpg

Big bit and I went to Adventure Ocean for the family Science Lab where we learned how to make a mock volcano.

IMG_2068.jpg

Day 2 continued

29386584_10216571994676287_6487313964760825856_n.jpg

The rest of the day was pretty low key --- dolphin searching from the balcony, swim time in H20 zone, and time with friends.

IMG_2011.jpg

There was a Meet & Greet with the Trolls. My youngest loves the Trolls. Now mind you this is the same kind that made me stand in line for an hour to meet Minnie Mouse at Disney World and then hid her face in my chest and REFUSED to say hi.

29388902_10216572000876442_8662697501272309760_n.jpg

29314231_10216572001316453_425933994098425856_n.jpg

Well --- we apparently outgrew that --- or Dreamworks beats Disney because she was all smiles to meet the Trolls.

IMG_2087.jpg

It was the first formal night --- I always seem shocked it's on day 2, i don't know why, it always is. lol

The girls got ready and watched sunset.

My group decided to try to get together for dinner. We were able to get in the dining room without reservations after about 40 minutes or so. Line was long again but once we checked in the wait to get seated wasn't that bad.

I did notice repeats on the menu , and also different recipes. I loved the creamy lobster bisque previously served and ordered one. This one had less sherry and was less creamy but it had large chunks of lobster that the previous one didn't. While I missed some of the old recipes, I welcomed some of the new ones.

We had great service in the dining room -- and the team did an amazing job working to get us out on time to catch Mama Mia.

We darted off to the theater just before the start of the show, but there were no more seats. So we were kinda out of luck. I was disappointed but heard rave reviews. We stood in the back and watched for a bit, great cast, sorry we missed it.

IMG_2096.jpg

We wrapped up the evening in the boardwalk arcade, yes there are three onboard! One on the boardwalk, one by the teens club and one by the kids club. You could only put points on your card in the boardwalk one. The other two machines were out of order. I loved this though because it gave me an excuse not to have to buy more credits constantly.

Oddly enough, the way the permissions on the card were set up were weird. My daughters couldn't buy arcade credits. Only I could. But my card wasn't activated to receive arcade credits only the kids would.

So I had to buy, then load their cards, and then beg them to let me use their card when I wanted to play skeeball.

Hint!

The grab a duck game on the boardwalk is super simple to win!!!

After the arcade, it was the Schooner Bar. The speakers in Schooner were loud! There were several couches empty and we quickly learned why -- there was a speaker above them. Many people were hanging out in the office area next to schooner (formerly next cruise area) because volume was more managable there. Entertainer was very good!

Beautiful family! Looking forward to the rest of your review and glad the wife's luggage made it onboard. I'm a teacher on Spring Break (wishing I was on a cruise right now) Oh well, your live review will have to suffice until I set sail on Freedom in 88 days! Love sailing on the Allure. Glad to hear things are still top notch.