Pupa & The Princesses: Spring Break Aboard Allure Of The Seas

Day 3 --- Labadee

& Happy Anniversary to my Darling Wife

IMG_2126.jpg

Many of us talk about being loyal to Royal.... this stop right here is one of the reasons why I keep coming back to Royal Caribbean.

If you haven't been to Labadee, you're missing so much.

You sail into the cove and see those hills rising up from the water, the bar tucked away for your pleasure oh what an great place.

29314863_10216572046037571_8068495811027140608_n.jpg

We headed ashore early, and hopped on the tram and rode back to the Nellie's Beach area. We found some loungers, and made a bee line for the water. Temperature was great, the sun was beating down and the whole family was in heaven.

IMG_2139.jpg

Use some caution near the cabanas because their were some super large rocks there and all day you'd hear a huge expletive or ow as people keep slamming into them while swimming.

Our friends were on the other side of the island at Adrenaline Beach, we spent some time there. They rented a beach bed and it was wonderful --- very large a comfy, a cooler of ice water and someone to check on you through the day.

29315014_10216572047397605_369420174467530752_n.jpg

It was funny because some of us planned a half day here, but the weather and uprades to the area just made for a drunkenly amazing beach day and we stayed out there from first thing in the morning until just before sail away.

The line for the buffet was super super long. The wife and oldest waited in it, while youngest and I went and hung out on the beach bed I thought I'd just eat when we got back on the ship, because I wasn't doing that line. After a good relax on the beach bed we wandered back over to Nellie's only to find the wife and oldest were just sitting down to eat. We joined them and by the time they were done the line had calmed down, so I hit it up afterall. I was late it was about closed and it was pretty slim pickins but I got a few things .

Dragon's Breath Zip Line was busy, one of my friends did it, I really wanted to join. I'm super chicken about things like that, and when my wife did it on our wedding cruise I didn't join her. But if I did this thing I wanted documentation. We were told no cameras or cellphones. So I didn't bother.

Well, turns out many did do it with their cell and were told it was OK.... Next time??

I mentionned our wedding. My wife and I got married in Montego Bay during a cruise aboard Independence and this amazing day in Labdadee was in fact our anniversary. Even though we weren't back in Jamica this was just as good.

We headed back to the ship, with our phones (inside joke) and all showered, emptied a ton of sand out of everything and made our way out to the balcony just in time for sailaway.

IMG_2182.jpg

Our friends were on the balcony and we stood out there talking about the great day, the calm seas, and how much both us pisces loved being on the water (my friend's birthday was the next day and mine the day after)

Eventually the wives ordered us to get ready for dinner.

Dinner was Chops tonight. In case you didn't know the cost went up. It was so funny when I made the reservation I was on the phone :

Hostess: "we just want to make sure you know Chops has an additional service fee..."

Me: "I know , it's no problem, we enjoy chops and it's worth the extra money for sure

Hostess: "The fee is $53 per person

Me: Wait !!! What???? When did that happen??? Huh??? Well.... OK

lol

We dropped the kids off at Adventure Ocean and we had an anniversary date night at Chops.

IMG_2186.jpg

Food & Service was good. There was a large party next to us, so our server was a bit preoccupied, but she took care of us with a nice dessert.

I had the ribeye, the wife had the filet. Both were nice.

We enjoyed some drinks after that, I believe tonight was the night my wife discovered the chocolate martini in the Martini bar and lets just say she made the drink package worth it's money with those things the rest of the cruise.

For your next cruise when you decide to do the zip line, the rule is nothing lose can be brought on. So you cannot hold a phone. It must be strapped to you somehow. My husband had his phone in a waterproof case with a strap that went around his hand. I think he actually attached the strap to his clothing somehow maybe. So a go pro that wraps around your head you see a lot of on that also.

Wow! $53 dollars for Chops?? We paid $32 pp a few weeks ago.

Yeah I think that’s a bit much! I had planned to book Chops for our upcoming Allure cruise but I think we will pass. It’s a good meal but I don’t feel it is worth $106 for two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your review, but could I ask you to change one thing? Please refer to your wife as “your” wife not the wife or just wife. My DH would be in really hot water if he ever referred to me as a the or just wife.

And Happy Anniversary to you and YOUR wife:)

Thank you for your review, but could I ask you to change one thing? Please refer to your wife as “your” wife not the wife or just wife. My DH would be in really hot water if he ever referred to me as a the or just wife.

And Happy Anniversary to you and YOUR wife:)

You would really be mad then to hear my husband call me his old lady, and we are only 34 :)

to each their own!

• Like 1

Day 4 Falmouth

Pupa Day & Ben’s Birthday

IMG_5736.jpg

Every time we sale into Falmouth, I think back to the morning I arrived there on Independence of the Seas. 50 family and friends in tow, as we walked through the port area trying to find our shuttle bus to the beach for my wedding.

Every time I see the port for the first time it brings back those nervous butterflies that morning — and then gives away to an amazing day, just like it did when we got married.

IMG_0190.jpg

This morning we looked outside to find Regal Princess docked next to us. It was also a conflicted morning as a family.

The kids were worn out, exhausted from the long sunny Haitian day, the day earlier. They both wanted to stay in bed and stay on the boat.

I’m kinda over Jamaica… we’ve been to Falmouth on our last 4 cruises. I know there’s so much variety between both Ocho and Montego but I’ve done about everything I want to do in each, and another day at the beach just wasn’t appealing.

So stay on the ship?

IMG_5738.jpg

There was a lone dissenter, the boss insisted we get off and spend some time on the island. She wanted to do something more than hang on the ship, and that didn’t mean walk the shopping area in the port.

As always she’s right.

Day 4 -- Continued

We hit up the Falmouth Trolley City Tour.

29339695_10216572946100072_6636792665046253568_n.jpg

Let me say, it’s not our usual speed, we’re usually beach/water or adventure folks. Sitting on a bus driving around isn’t anything we’ve ever done, but on a day like today, it sounded like a great compromise.

29340575_10216572948660136_8958147339491475456_n.jpg

Once on board, we had a great tour guide, who told us so much about Falmouth. We usually drive out of Falmouth and to Montego or Ocho, it was really nice to stay in this small town and learn about it. The trolley seemed safe and in good shape, the driver did a wonderful job meandering through the busy narrow city streets.

And yes it was this lovely tour guide who also told my kids that Jamaicans call their dad Pupa, starting my new nickname.

29340154_10216572942219975_5848842775285465088_n.jpg

The city is in such rough shape, it was eye-opening even for Jamaica. I was sad to see with RCI opening that port several years ago now, the city still doesn’t seem to be getting much of a shot in the arm. It’s likely because most of use just drive through or spend our money with the same few vendors.

29386164_10216572943260001_2360867355661172736_n.jpg

29356397_10216572944780039_1983857428520763392_n.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

Nonetheless the tour was nice. We saw schools, and stopped at the Anglican church, where we learned a lot about it’s history, made a donation, and watching the goats “cut the grass” You’ll notice the church lawn is directly across from a liquor store. Our guide gave us the great line that churches and bars are most prevalent in the area. It’s said that the women of the area are always seeking the spirit while the men are across the street drinking it up.

Day 4 -- Continued

29342506_10216572947340103_8960106480233611264_n.jpg

We stopped for a brief visit to the ocean to dip our toes in the water and then headed back to the ship.

IMG_7596.jpg

Lunch in the windjammer was nice and quiet — and then we spent some time by the pool. It was our friend Ben’s Birthday today but they were lounging on the other side of the ship and I hadn’t figured out my zoom internet yet so we didn’t connect with them.

Sailaway was nice, we first watched Regal leave. Oddly enough I was telling the girls about “The Love Boat” TV show, my wife as well, lol

and explaining how popular it was and was set aboard a Princess cruise ship. I started singing the song to the girls and they were laughing at me. Minutes later as they pushed back the ships horn started to play “The Love Boat” theme song I was singing. I guess they added the same software like Disney has that lets it play a tune. The girls thought this was the coolest thing ever!

IMG_4978.jpg

It was Pirate Night in adventure ocean, and we have such awesome memories of our oldest on pirate night, we insisted the youngest do it even though she wasn’t so keen on the idea but in the end she had a great time.

I so wish i could post video because the little show they did on the stage was fantastic!!!!

I think dinner was also in the Windjammer tonight, but it starts to blur together in my old age.

Day 4 --- Continued

IMG_3521.jpg

After Pirate night we did let the kids stay up for 70’S DISCO PARTY. We LOVE this party on every ship we’ve been on — although I don’t think anyone’s been better than Richard Spacey, boy do I miss that cruise director!

IMG_3559.jpg

Anyway — I had showed the girls videos on youtube of the dance party and they were dying to go.

IMG_9093.jpg

So, I took turns with big bit and little bit on my shoulders — and we danced and sand the night away to 70’s hits and our amazing cruise director Jimmy Rhodes tossing lighted rings and what not from the bridge out of the globe in the Royal Promenade! (something both girls absolutely adored!)

IMG_5927.jpg

We enjoyed the party, and had a great great time…. but had to head back to the room after… tomorrow was a big day. My 40th birthday AND breakfast with the Dreamworks Characters at SEVEN AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!

Edited by RCCL Fan
photo issue

Totally agree with Richard Spacey being the best cruise director. No one can get close to his enthusiasm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I have sailed a long long time, and never paid attention to a cruise director. UNTIL Richard.

He is simply the best. I hear he's cruise directing again on Celeb, but having been on Celeb ships I don't know if I see his fun spirit on their line. I wanna see it one day!

Allan Brooks likely my second choice, he was really good.

And this Jimmy Rhodes guy was good too. He was everywhere and you got the impression he really really cares.

Holy crap we were just on Allure last year for spring break and Chops was $30/pp. That's quite an increase (although I do love me some Chops).

Right??? I was totally sticker shocked, and to be honest, while my meal was nice, I had a much much better meal later in the week for much less.