Help! Suggestions for ft lauderdale hotel

Arwen

Hello All!

It is time for me to book a reservation for two nights at a Ft. Lauderdale Hotel. We are now booked for a 49 day Caribbean and South America cruise on Feb 2nd of 2019, on the Royal Princess (YEAH!)

Our favorite hotel to stay in Ft. Lauderdale has always been the Embassy Suites on 17th and Front Street. We love everything about it...the pool area, the big complimentary breakfast, and the manager's cocktail hour. It is also fairly close to a lot of shops.

So, I am ready to make a reservation and before I do, I go check out the most recent reviews. I do this knowing that things "can change".

To my disappointment, I find the most recent reviews gave the hotel bad marks. Apparently some found their rooms to be dirty and even some found that the sheets had not been changed or the room cleaned!!

I have no idea if the manager for the ES has changed, but we have always enjoyed our stays there.

Oh, the big worrisome mentioned by TripAdvisor's peeps is that there are often big parties held in the atrium area. Loud booming and rattling music until well past 11:30 p.m. that actually shook the window of the room of one reviewer. Another complained (on a different date) of not being able to sleep due to the atrium racket!

I am looking for a hotel close to the cruise terminal and one that has enjoyable amenities.

And have any of you been at the ES lately? Are these reviews just "exceptions" or the rule now?

Thanks in advance!

Arwen

Hello All!

It is time for me to book a reservation for two nights at a Ft. Lauderdale Hotel. We are now booked for a 49 day Caribbean and South America cruise on Feb 2nd of 2019, on the Royal Princess (YEAH!)

Our favorite hotel to stay in Ft. Lauderdale has always been the Embassy Suites on 17th and Front Street. We love everything about it...the pool area, the big complimentary breakfast, and the manager's cocktail hour. It is also fairly close to a lot of shops.

So, I am ready to make a reservation and before I do, I go check out the most recent reviews. I do this knowing that things "can change".

To my disappointment, I find the most recent reviews gave the hotel bad marks. Apparently some found their rooms to be dirty and even some found that the sheets had not been changed or the room cleaned!!

I have no idea if the manager for the ES has changed, but we have always enjoyed our stays there.

Oh, the big worrisome mentioned by TripAdvisor's peeps is that there are often big parties held in the atrium area. Loud booming and rattling music until well past 11:30 p.m. that actually shook the window of the room of one reviewer. Another complained (on a different date) of not being able to sleep due to the atrium racket!

I am looking for a hotel close to the cruise terminal and one that has enjoyable amenities.

And have any of you been at the ES lately? Are these reviews just "exceptions" or the rule now?

Thanks in advance!

Arwen

Might be pricy but we stay at the Marriott Renaissance at the north entrance to the port. Close to everything you need. Might also look at the Marina Hilton. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Arwen, We have used valutrips.com twice when doing an overnight in FLL. Both times we book the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th and Convention Center at $99.00 per night.You book thru Value Trips and then it takes about a day to get your confirmation back from the Hyatt. Last stay was 2016 very clean, the area was safe, and a shopping center within walking distance. Also a wide variety of restaurants. I found Value Trip thru CC. Google it and you can see the hotels they use. It appears the price has gone up to $119.00. They also have a very nice breakfast. Hope this helps!

E

I can tell you we went to the Embassy Suites after checking in to a Marriott down the street some 25 years ago, because we could not sleep because people were slamming doors and making a lot noise. I would take my chances at the Embassy... stay away from rooms over the pool area, stay away from rooms near elevators... closed the door to your bedroom if you have noise... I am sure you will get a better night sleep at the Embassy... good luck.

We decided to book the Hyatt Place, jus as mentioned above.

I know there is a lot to love about the Embassy Suites... But, I really do hate 'dated... (possibly old, musty, etc...)

We only. need one night, pre-cruise. If we arrive early enough, we may walk over and check out the Embassy, order a drink or food.

We have stayed at the ES for 15 years but I have not been happy the past two years and am also thinking of changing. They want $249 per night for our upcoming trip. And that does not include taxes. I just don't know if I want to spend that much for two nights. Last cruise we found a cockroach in the room and the next day, found one inside the refrigerator. I wrapped it in a tissue to take to the desk but somehow the little guy got away from me. Not sure if the gal behind the desk believed me.

We stayed at Embassy for one nite pre cruise in January and had no problems. Yes, it's older and was super busy with cruise passengers when we arrived Saturday morning but our room was fine. We had no problems with noise but were on a high floor. We sat on the balcony and watched the ships sail away.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Forums mobile app

My vote is the Hyatt Place. Have also stayed in Springfield Suites, which is fine, Courtyard Marriott (I thought that one has gone downhill a bit), Sheraton, also just fine.

IMHO, sometimes reviews paint a worse picture of things than reality.

Ohiodoglover

I have stayed at the Embassy twice in the past six months. Not one problem; staff was great, breakfast was great; shopping center right behind hotel. I have also stayed at the Hilton marina a few times in the past six months and it is nice; but Embassy has more eating and shopping near by. If you want to get away from the cruise port I also stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale beach. This hotel was very nice and lots of places to eat. It is about ten min taxi or uber or lyft from cruise port.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllco-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-beach/

For next year Silhouette cruise we chose the Hilton Marina, room with a view to the cruises. other option was the Pier 66 (former Hyatt) they have not rebuild the rooms with a view to the cruises since last hurricane.

My wife and I like the Crowne Plaza as it is one of the closest hotels to the cruise port and the shuttle ride over is short. We've also found that they know how to handle a lot of people heading to the cruise port.

Also enjoy the Crowne Plaza.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for the first time last December and were not impressed. We booked it because we had read so many good reviews, but for us it didn't live up to it's reputation.

The room was okay but overall the hotel looks a bit tired and dated. The staff were not as friendly as most other hotels we have stayed in.

We thought the breakfast was sub-par. It tasted like everything was the cheapest quality they could get.

I know this hotel has many fans but for us it was disappointing.

We would stay there again if the price was low enough, and opt to eat breakfast somewhere else.

Hello All!

Thanks in advance!

Arwen

The last two times we've sailed out of FLL, we stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott, and would stay there again. It's right on the beach (with direct beach access), and about a 15 minute cab ride from the cruise terminal.

It's an older hotel, but IMO well kept up and with friendly staff.

The last two times we've sailed out of FLL, we stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott, and would stay there again. It's right on the beach (with direct beach access), and about a 15 minute cab ride from the cruise terminal.

It's an older hotel, but IMO well kept up and with friendly staff.

I too have stayed at Hollywood Beach Marriott. Nice hotel and good location

We recently stayed 3 nights post cruise in Fort Lauderdale at Lago Mar Beach Resort. While it is a little further to Port Everglades (but not really all that far), it is my favorite place to stay in all of South Florida. We absolutely loved everything about it! It certainly wasn't just a place to stay ... it was a destination all in its own.

We have stayed at the ES for 15 years but I have not been happy the past two years and am also thinking of changing. They want $249 per night for our upcoming trip. And that does not include taxes. I just don't know if I want to spend that much for two nights. Last cruise we found a cockroach in the room and the next day, found one inside the refrigerator. I wrapped it in a tissue to take to the desk but somehow the little guy got away from me. Not sure if the gal behind the desk believed me.

Oh my!!!! Yikes!!!

Thank you to all who have given me advice! I so appreciate it! Well, checking prices for the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale...it looks as though their prices have gone up!!!

Looks like we may choose the Hyatt Place as the prices are around the same and the reviews are better overall. I would love to spring for a 4 star hotel, but doubt hubby will go for that. :-)