Boarding Regal Princess in Ft Lauderdale

joanne59

Boarding today and not sure about princess boarding policy. New to the cruise line and wondered what time you can actually get on the ship, compared to when they suggest you arrive. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They’re still disembarking till at least 9:30 (we just left) but we were onboard by 12:30 last week!

Boarding today and not sure about princess boarding policy. New to the cruise line and wondered what time you can actually get on the ship, compared to when they suggest you arrive. Thanks

Remember that the formal night dress code is a suggestion also....:D

If you arrive around 10:30/11:00 you will be checked in and then shown to a waiting area. You will be given a card with a boarding group in order of arrival. Boarding begins around 11:30 with priority boarders. Once boarding begins it goes fairly quickly. You should be on board before 12:30. On the Regal cabins are not normally available until around 1pm.

Boarding is dependent on clearance from local authorities and getting all the departing passengers off. Once these are done embarkation can begin. That is usually about 11:30am for passengers with priority and noon or so for others.

• 2 weeks later...

On the April 8th sailing, my first Elite cruise, priority boarding started at 11am. I would think general boarding was ahead of schedule as well. But it varies based on how quickly they clear the prior passengers and if there are any other issues that arise.

If you leave your hotel now and travel to the terminal' date=' you are likely to be boarding by the time you have checked in. Worst case, you'll have a very short wait.[/quote']

Sorry, but how is that helpful to the OP?

Sorry, but how is that helpful to the OP?

It seems to me that it is totally responsive. OP was a bit late in asking her question the morning of embarkation. My reply was posted at 10:30 EST, although I do see that it says "9:30" on the listing...they must be on central time.

On my April 1 cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, we left the hotel shortly before 11. We encountered no line at the terminal, checked in, and boarded with no wait at any point in the process. We were told that rooms would not be ready, but we went to our room anyhow and found that it WAS ready and dropped our stuff.

So, based on my 10:30 posting, OP would be likely to do something similar to what we did....and I would estimate that she'd board with little or no waiting.

It seems to me that it is totally responsive. OP was a bit late in asking her question the morning of embarkation. My reply was posted at 10:30 EST' date=' although I do see that it says "9:30" on the listing...they must be on central time.

On my April 1 cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, we left the hotel shortly before 11. We encountered no line at the terminal, checked in, and boarded with no wait at any point in the process. We were told that rooms would not be ready, but we went to our room anyhow and found that it WAS ready and dropped our stuff.

So, based on my 10:30 posting, OP would be likely to do something similar to what we did....and I would estimate that she'd board with little or no waiting.[/quote']

Look at the date of the OP's posting.....as I said, not very helpful

Can you please point me to an official Princess notice saying so? Thanks.

The Princess "Cruise Answer Book" says "please observe the dress code" for formal evenings.

Not sure if "please" makes it non-mandatory or mandatory.

For smart casual the same document says: Inappropriate dinnerwear (which it then defines) are not permitted in the dining room. The "not permitted" is a definite statement whereas the formal wording only uses "please".

"Please" is a direct request...Not just a suggestion.

But, there will be those who simply refuse to comply and acknowledge policy that they think should not apply.

Why would anyone think that there be a dress'code' if it were not an actual dress code???

Why would there be any code at all, if it was just a suggestion, and did not matter if anyone observed and complied.

when the mdr becomes the MDR with the appropriate levels of service and food quality, then "maybe" it will be time to actually enforce some of the suggestions...

until then, when 'formal night' becomes 'FORMAL NIGHT' I 'may' alter my attire of black linen pants, a nice collared long-sleeve dress shirt, shirttail OUT, and a black pair of echo sandals...and my formal black-lettered visor..;p

let the discussion begin about the sandals...:evilsmile:

when the mdr becomes the MDR with the appropriate levels of service and food quality, then "maybe" it will be time to actually enforce some of the suggestions...

until then, when 'formal night' becomes 'FORMAL NIGHT' I 'may' alter my attire of black linen pants, a nice collared long-sleeve dress shirt, shirttail OUT, and a black pair of echo sandals...and my formal black-lettered visor..;p

let the discussion begin about the sandals...:evilsmile:

Making the popcorn...

In answer to the OPs question (in case anyone else may have a similar experience), I have boarded in FLL and been on the ship at shortly after 11. I have also had to wait until 2 pm to board due to inspections or deep cleaning. I really does depend...