Toiletries provided ?

monakayk

Crown (Jan '18) we got 1 bar of soap for the sink, a tube of moisturizer, and then the showers had pump dispensers for body wash and shampoo (or shampoo+conditioner, but wasn't very moisturizing if it was S&C). Probably could have gotten some bar soap for the shower (didn't ask), and definitely wished we'd brought conditioner. On Coral (Jun '17) everything was still individual toiletries.

Cheers!

If you have hair of any length, bring your own shampoo and conditioner. I fill TSA size bottles and it lasts me for a 10 day and i have long hair. I bring extra soap and lotion, hotel size.

do you also bring your own hairdryer?

I always find when I travel even with my own shampoo and conditioner I often need a little more heavy duty conditioning from time to time especially during cruises because pool and beach water with the salt and chemicals can be very drying to my hair. For that reason I always bring a few packets of a leave on for 3-5 minutes intense conditioner that I will mix with some of my regular conditioner if I want it to last which seems to work in keeping my hair in decent shape. Those intense conditioning packets can be found at Sally's beauty supply store and even at Walmart.

We have leftover H20 shampoo, conditioner, and soap from our Disney cruises that we always bring on our Princess cruises. Much better products. We also bring our own hairdryer because their dryer is much too weak to use for blow drying and styling.

Thought I would 'get away' with using Princess' shampoo if I took a 'heavy duty' 3 min miracle conditioner.. But no!

Will definitely be taking own shampoo and conditioner next cruise!

Have some travel sized bottles and also one shampoo sized sachets. The heavy duty conditioner will also be coming with us.

Round bars of soap for hand basin and shower, available and replenished when necessary.

Might try solid shampoo and conditioner which are available from Lush...and other stores, when I next go shopping, as have read good reviews.

I always find when I travel even with my own shampoo and conditioner I often need a little more heavy duty conditioning from time to time especially during cruises because pool and beach water with the salt and chemicals can be very drying to my hair. For that reason I always bring a few packets of a leave on for 3-5 minutes intense conditioner that I will mix with some of my regular conditioner if I want it to last which seems to work in keeping my hair in decent shape. Those intense conditioning packets can be found at Sally's beauty supply store and even at Walmart.

In a pinch I go up to the buffet and get packets of mayo and put on my hair to condition

Ref the pump dispensers in the shower.

First cruise that we were exposed to the contents, we both agreed that the room steward fills the bottles from the same drum that floor wax stripper comes in.

Next cruise the Wife had me build her a soap on a rope (drill a hole in favorite bar if soap and run a loop of para cord through hole) that we hang in the shower.

She also takes her own hair conditioning stuff. Plus a travel size hair drier.

Yes, on the paper roll in the bathroom. Been tempted several times to take some home to use in various wood projects. :Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Bob

The first and last time I used the shampoo/ conditioner in the pump dispenser on the Regal Princess, I was unable to comb through my thick hair. It took a great effort on my part to de-tangle my hair until it was combable ( is that a word ?).

I have since taken my own brand of shampoo and conditioner and my own travel hair dryer on subsequent cruises.

My DH on the other hand, is not concerned about hair products as he no longer has very much and that is worn as a buzz cut.

However, we do take bars of unscented soap for sensitive skin as he has rosacia on his face and sensitive skin on his hands due to a medication he needs.

This may be too much info., but to answer the poster (Voljeep)who asked about packing a travel hairdryer, some passengers have certain considerations for what they pack on vacation.

Short answer to the OP- pack some of the toiletry products that you like. Do not depend on those on the ship.

Thought I would 'get away' with using Princess' shampoo if I took a 'heavy duty' 3 min miracle conditioner.. But no!

Will definitely be taking own shampoo and conditioner next cruise!

Have some travel sized bottles and also one shampoo sized sachets. The heavy duty conditioner will also be coming with us.

Round bars of soap for hand basin and shower, available and replenished when necessary.

Might try solid shampoo and conditioner which are available from Lush...and other stores, when I next go shopping, as have read good reviews.

I have used Lush solid bars for years, can highly recommend them!