Landmark Sale (May 1 – June 19, 2018)

Astro Flyer

Well, being the OP the information I provided was not based on fake news. :rolleyes:

If you’re dealing with TAs that don’t have any details then maybe consider a new TA. The sale’s terms & conditions and the e-flyer I shared are from an email my TA received a week ago on 4/17/18. The email notification was sent by the Princess VP of North American Sales (John Chernesky) to share with their clients. My great TA gave me the advance notice for this upcoming sale which I shared on CC because others have been seeking the next sale.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I spoke with my TA yesterday and we spoke about this special. She basically told me what you had posted. It really helps to have advance info!

This offer doesn’t include our November 2019 cruise & hopefully our interior cabin will be included in a future offer such as 3 for Free.

I am booked for the London-Dubai cruise which leaves on Halloween 2019 and hoping for a better offer but who knows?

While we all wait to book, quick question for Princess pros. I normally sail Celebrity, so not as familiar w/Princess promos. For a standard 7-day RT Seattle AK cruise where I wouldn't choose the drink package, does this sale seem like one of the better ones?

Or are one of the others typically offered in past yrs (3 for free, sip & sail, Red, white, and blue) generally more generous? AK balconies rarely drop in time to book flights at decent rates, so I'm more focused on the perks.

Thanks for any opinions!

While we all wait to book, quick question for Princess pros. I normally sail Celebrity, so not as familiar w/Princess promos. For a standard 7-day RT Seattle AK cruise where I wouldn't choose the drink package, does this sale seem like one of the better ones?

Or are one of the others typically offered in past yrs (3 for free, sip & sail, Red, white, and blue) generally more generous? AK balconies rarely drop in time to book flights at decent rates, so I'm more focused on the perks.

Thanks for any opinions!

My recent experiences have been to book with the best offer available & then if there’s a better sale to switch to it.

Last year I booked with Sip+Sail and opted for the &150/pp. OBC which worked best for us instead of the PBP. After that sale the 3 for Free offer provided the same amount of OBC but added free tips & category upgrade.

We're booked on a 2 week Alaskan land/cruise. I assume the OBC is based only on the 7 day cruise portion of the trip. Is that correct?

Correct (usually). And only the days on the ship count towards total cruise days with Princess.

I have an Alaskan cruise tour booked. The cruise portion is on the list for the Landmark sale. Does anyone know if the sale would be available for those on a cruise tour?

Past experience has been that price changes/promotions for the cruise portion of a cruisetour often do not apply when you already have a cruisetour booked. However, there always might be an exception if the cruisetour you are on is not fully booked for the type cabin you have.

My recent experiences have been to book with the best offer available & then if there’s a better sale to switch to it.

Last year I booked with Sip+Sail and opted for the &150/pp. OBC which worked best for us instead of the PBP. After that sale the 3 for Free offer provided the same amount of OBC but added free tips & category upgrade.

Thanks! :)

Another sale that is not applicable for UK cruisers. Getting fed up of being treated like second class citizens by Princess and think my cruise in May on Sapphire Princess will be my last Princess cruise.

My sister from the UK and I (North America) recently booked the same cruise. I got the recent US sale perks, OBC, dining etc, but her price from Princess UK was MUCH cheaper. I think when you added it all up, she came out slightly ahead of me so don't be too disheartened. It's all swings and roundabouts.

Princess must be in the process of loading the sale as you can now see the OBC offers. But just looked at my booked May 25, 2019 Royal Alaska Cruise and our mini suite has gone up $230 per person in price. Hmm, so much for another “not” sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess must be in the process of loading the sale as you can now see the OBC offers. But just looked at my booked May 25, 2019 Royal Alaska Cruise and our mini suite has gone up $230 per person in price. Hmm, so much for another “not” sale.

Apparently no one could locate an advance cruise fare chart but soon we’ll know the results.

In the 4 months since booking my cruise fare has already increased more than this sale’s OBC. Your experience isn’t uncommon where the cruise fare increases more than a sale’s benefits. Although sometimes it’s better for me & will continue to periodically check to see if it’s “another “not” sale” for me.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Check back in a day or two. I have seen price increases in the days right before a sale, but the prices came back down once the sale actually started. This may or may not happen with your cruise.

Yes very strange, it is still the Come Back New Sale on the website today. And now in the T&C's it shows the end date as May 2nd instead of April 30th. The Landmark Sale is nowhere to be seen and apparently has been pushed off to May 3rd (?)...

Yes very strange, it is still the Come Back New Sale on the website today. And now in the T&C's it shows the end date as May 2nd instead of April 30th. The Landmark Sale is nowhere to be seen and apparently has been pushed off to May 3rd (?)...

I clicked on a few sailings this morning and, and the details mentioned the Landmark Sale.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

The Landmark Sale for Alaska cruises seems to be only showing on the one-way voyages. Hopefully they just haven't completed uploading all the sailings yet. The list someone provided a couple of pages back has my May 2019 sailing listed but so far this morning it isn't on the Princess site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was able to have the Landmark Sale successfully attached to a booking of mine this morning. No price increase and $1,000 in our pockets. Happy :)

But the promo detail itself is no longer on first page (countdown to it showed last night). Strange.