Landmark Sale (May 1 – June 19, 2018)

Astro Flyer

Thought I would save myself a phone call and see if the experts could answer my question. We have 2 interior cabins booked (the cruise is eligible for the sale) with 1 adult and 1 child in each. The information in the popup about the sale says that it applies to anyone 21 and over. Does this mean that we would not receive the OBC that applies to the 2nd guest because they are under 21? So 2 passengers on 12 day cruise should receive $400 but would be only get $200?

Hope this makes sense and thank you from a first time Princess cruiser.

Your two passengers in each cabin would each get the $200 OBC (so a total of $400 per cabin on a 12 day cruise, for a grand total of $800 OBC). The 21 and older is referring to the terms of making the booking (which is you). It says that on all of their promo T & C's so don't worry :-)

$800 is a great OBC amount and would definitely be helpful on this long of a cruise. It could cover your gratuities and with some left over.

When I look at the fares for my Alaska June 19,2019 Coral Princess sailing date the web site says this:

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later. You may also call 1-800-774-6237 for further details.

I wonder what that is all about? All of the Coral Princess Voyage of the Glaciers cruises in June 2019 are blacked out. Is the Coral Princess that much more popular for Alaska that Princess doesn't apply any offers to her Alaska sailings? I may switch to another ship then.

Your two passengers in each cabin would each get the $200 OBC (so a total of $400 per cabin on a 12 day cruise, for a grand total of $800 OBC). The 21 and older is referring to the terms of making the booking (which is you). It says that on all of their promo T & C's so don't worry :-)

$800 is a great OBC amount and would definitely be helpful on this long of a cruise. It could cover your gratuities and with some left over.

Perfect, thank you. Yes, covering the gratuities would be very helpful.

Well - this one didn't help us. The transatlantic to the British Isles is part of the sale, but the one to Scandanavia & Russia isn't. Oh well - maybe it will pop up under a different promo before next year. Will have to keep an eye out. The one we had booked this year went through 3 different phases -- original booking, Sip & Sail (no increase) and then the 3-for-free which worked really well (gratuities, cabin upgrade & OBC with a reduction in fare). Unfortunately, we had to cancel it & rebook for next year.

When I look at the fares for my Alaska June 19,2019 Coral Princess sailing date the web site says this:

Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later. You may also call 1-800-774-6237 for further details.

I wonder what that is all about? All of the Coral Princess Voyage of the Glaciers cruises in June 2019 are blacked out. Is the Coral Princess that much more popular for Alaska that Princess doesn't apply any offers to her Alaska sailings? I may switch to another ship then.

This just means that IT is reevaluating what staterooms are available, etc., and repricing probably too. If you look back in later today or tomorrow you will be able to see what's now available and any differences in pricing. It is usually a good thing for you if you have already booked. So far, whenever I have seen this for a booking I have made, a quick call with some further discounts or freebies is in my future!!!!! Good luck.

Pooh

Unfortunately, this Landmark Sale does not apply to my August, 2019, TA cruise from Europe to NY. Hopefully will have some kind of sale by the end of this year for it! Anyone getting a sale price for any Late Summer 2019 European cruises, including a TA crossing?

Pooh

Well - this one didn't help us. The transatlantic to the British Isles is part of the sale, but the one to Scandanavia & Russia isn't. Oh well - maybe it will pop up under a different promo before next year. Will have to keep an eye out. The one we had booked this year went through 3 different phases -- original booking, Sip & Sail (no increase) and then the 3-for-free which worked really well (gratuities, cabin upgrade & OBC with a reduction in fare). Unfortunately, we had to cancel it & rebook for next year.

The Landmark sale was showing on my iPad earlier today and now it is gone. Anyone else experiencing this?

The transatlantic to the British Isles is part of the sale, but the one to Scandanavia & Russia isn't.
The 4/14 Regal sailings are included in this sale, is that the one you are looking for? They may not yet show up on the website. My own sailing was not showing up on the website, but was in the flyer posted earlier, and I have already had the sale applied to my booking by calling directly.

Unfortunately, this Landmark Sale does not apply to my August, 2019, TA cruise from Europe to NY. Pooh

Pooh, the 8/28 sailing is listed in the flyer posted earlier in this thread; likely your sailing just isn’t updated on the website as mine wasn’t. (Remember, this is probably the same group of tech wizards that brought us the Ocean Medallion implementation. :') ). If you call Princess or your TA I bet you can get the promo applied.

The 4/14 Regal sailings are included in this sale, is that the one you are looking for? They may not yet show up on the website. My own sailing was not showing up on the website, but was in the flyer posted earlier, and I have already had the sale applied to my booking by calling directly.

That's the one - will have to check it out. I will call my TA to see what can be done. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, this Landmark Sale does not apply to my August, 2019, TA cruise from Europe to NY. Hopefully will have some kind of sale by the end of this year for it! Anyone getting a sale price for any Late Summer 2019 European cruises, including a TA crossing?

Pooh

I just added the Landmark promotion to my 11/19 TA crossing. The price stayed the same and I received $200.00, per passenger, for my inside cabin.

Just added it to my AK cruise. But agent had a bit of a problem applying the promo - so think they're still ironing things out this first day for anyone who hasn't called yet. You may have to wait on hold a bit.

I just added the Landmark promotion to my 11/19 TA crossing. The price stayed the same and I received $200.00, per passenger, for my inside cabin.

Our price for the 28-day version did not increase since yesterday but since booking it over 4 months ago the cruise fare increased more than the sale’s OBC. And 18 months before sailing our IA interior category is sold out & others are guarantees only. Even if available as shorter cruises the net price is even higher than our existing reservation.

If Sip+Sail is offered again this summer it won’t apply to our interior cabin (only balcony & higher) but hopefully there’ll be another 3 for Free with OBC, free tips & category upgrade like in recent years. That’s been available in September & included all types of cabins but as in other sales it’s not available for every cabin.

I’ll keep researching our options to crunch the numbers but this appears to be another non-sale for me but glad that it’s beneficial for some.

Our price for the 28-day version did not increase since yesterday but since booking it over 4 months ago the cruise fare increased more than the sale’s OBC. And 18 months before sailing our IA interior category is sold out & others are guarantees only. Even if available as shorter cruises the net price is even higher than our existing reservation.

If Sip+Sail is offered again this summer it won’t apply to our interior cabin (only balcony & higher) but hopefully there’ll be another 3 for Free with OBC, free tips & category upgrade like in recent years. That’s been available in September & included all types of cabins but as in other sales it’s not available for every cabin.

I’ll keep researching our options to crunch the numbers but this appears to be another non-sale for me but glad that it’s beneficial for some.

Yes, I did notice the price increases on your cruise yesterday because your TA comes up when I search for prices on mine. :D I'm also waiting for Sip and Sail to come out. Currently there are plenty of balcony cabins in my preferred location. I will have to do some number crunching too, but right now we are sitting on $1150.00 in shipboard credits. I am pretty happy with that, but they will go fast with the bar tab. ;p

I'm looking at the sale right now... searching for prices for Alaskan cruise tours in 2019. It's showing all the rooms as being sold out already? Do we think this is part of the slow launch to the sale?

I'm looking at the sale right now... searching for prices for Alaskan cruise tours in 2019. It's showing all the rooms as being sold out already? Do we think this is part of the slow launch to the sale?

Cruise tours sell out early. Way early. Check a different date. Yes, the price may be higher but it will let you see if all dates are showing as sold out. If all dates are sold out then there is likely an issue with the site. However, if you are looking for suites then all dates may very well actually be sold out. The suites go first.

How do you get the OBC applied to your reservation? Mine was made through a TA. Did those of you who already got the credit applied book direct with Princess? When I look at my booking on the Princess web site I don't see any reference to the OBC. I have emailed my TA to ask that she get me the Landmark sale OBC but have not heard back yet.