Elites and above: do the perks keep you enticed?

pumpkin 11

Sorry to learn that the solo cabins on the edge are small. have friends who were interested in them Where did you see the dimensions?

Somewhere in one of the thousands of posts about the Edge. Your friends are welcome to do their own research and make their own decision. The solo cruisers I know determined that they were not a good value given the size and the price. I'd rather pay a few hundred dollars more and have a full-size cabin. Your friends may have a different opinion.

Somewhere in one of the thousands of posts about the Edge. Your friends are welcome to do their own research and make their own decision. The solo cruisers I know determined that they were not a good value given the size and the price. I'd rather pay a few hundred dollars more and have a full-size cabin. Your friends may have a different opinion.

Was able to see and I believe it was 165 Square feet for solo cabins Yes it is small, but nothing like the closet on NCL. I guess it depends on a persons financial situation. Some might think the money saved pays for other cruise enhancements. We typically sail in JS or above, but on the edge New years cruise, because of the obscene pricing took a CC cabin We are doing a back to back and unfortunately that is the time of year we can sail . We have also booked an edge sky suite for another week in 2020, as the price is greatly reduced and we enjoy the suite experience.

Was able to see and I believe it was 165 Square feet for solo cabins Yes it is small, but nothing like the closet on NCL. I guess it depends on a persons financial situation. Some might think the money saved pays for other cruise enhancements. We typically sail in JS or above, but on the edge New years cruise, because of the obscene pricing took a CC cabin We are doing a back to back and unfortunately that is the time of year we can sail . We have also booked an edge sky suite for another week in 2020, as the price is greatly reduced and we enjoy the suite experience.

Are the solo cabins OV, Veranda, or both? I was trying to find one on line today, so I could see the pricing that was previously mentioned.

Thanks

Some folks have mentioned breakfast as an Elite perk and service in Tuscan. Could you let me know what is available in the mornings? Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on the ship, on some they offer a nice continental breakfast buffet, nothing cooked though. On others they offer set platters with fruit, cheese or pastries. In my view the latter are miserable as you have to order 3 different platter to get a good spread.

We were told that they offer platters on health and safety ground where there is only carpet in the dining room but thats rubbish as we just got off the Millennium and the have a big uncarpeted area but only offered the platters.

On the eclipse they offer a nice buffet in Tuscan.

Cheers,

Peter

We cruise with 8 lines, but I admit getting closer to Diamond/Elite status we are booking or looking for more Royal/Celebrity cruises.

Unfortunately with limited choices with Celebrity which we prefer out of Northeast it is mostly Royal, but between NCL Gem out of Boston (our home port) and Summit in NJ we will pick Summit.

Depends on the ship, on some they offer a nice continental breakfast buffet, nothing cooked though. On others they offer set platters with fruit, cheese or pastries. In my view the latter are miserable as you have to order 3 different platter to get a good spread.

We were told that they offer platters on health and safety ground where there is only carpet in the dining room but thats rubbish as we just got off the Millennium and the have a big uncarpeted area but only offered the platters.

On the eclipse they offer a nice buffet in Tuscan.

Cheers,

Peter

There seem to be different stories about why it is sometimes plated and sometimes buffet. We had buffet on the Silhouette TA last week and heard that it is US health regulations that forbid buffets without sneeze guards. I agree that the plated service is less desirable because of the need to order several plates to get a variety which leads to waste. B2B cruisers told us that on the previous Caribbean cruise the breakfast was plated.

Are the solo cabins OV, Veranda, or both? I was trying to find one on line today, so I could see the pricing that was previously mentioned.

Thanks

Not sure- best to call Celebrity. Plans may say one thing and the actual cabins might be different.

Not sure- best to call Celebrity. Plans may say one thing and the actual cabins might be different.

The deck plans show that there will be sixteen solo cabins--two blocks of eight [four Port; four Starboard] flanking the elevator banks--on Deck Six... All feature Infinite Verandas; dining is in the Main Dining Rooms...

If you were to search "Celebrity Edge Cabin Area", you will find at least one website that suggests that the solo cabins provide 180 square feet total [140 interior + 40 veranda]... By comparison, standard Infinite Veranda cabins provide 240 square feet total [200 interior + 40 veranda]...

Those metrics are roughly the same as those I've seen published--sometimes they've been there; sometimes not--on Celebrity's website...

I have two Edge reservations--one for the Caribbean; the other for the Transatlantic--early next year and, both times as others have stated, decided that they were not good value for the space versus price differential [and in any case, I tend to prefer AquaClass]...

Hope to view one of the solo cabins once aboard...

We are Elite status but I will say we really don't give even the slightest consideration to Captain's Club status perks when booking. We are more attracted by the perks associated with stateroom selection and we normally book suite level for that reason. I don't recall ever having attended any of the Captain's Club events, but that's simply because we had something else to do.

We are Elite status but I will say we really don't give even the slightest consideration to Captain's Club status perks when booking. We are more attracted by the perks associated with stateroom selection and we normally book suite level for that reason. I don't recall ever having attended any of the Captain's Club events, but that's simply because we had something else to do.

While I do agree with you,we are Elite plus. We also take suites typically, the 2 loads of laundry are great as is the extra internet minutes- we do get some other discounts that we may use at the spa.

We are Diamnd on RCI (soon to be Diamond Plus). We have never been on Celebrity, but are considering a long cruise on Celebrity in 2020. I am assuming we will be Elite Status on Celebrity, is that correct? Laundry benefits would be helpful on that cruise. We also enjoy the Diamond Cocktail Hour on RCI, so I assume we would like the same on Celebrity. We do not normally book suites. What other perks can we expect on a Celebrity cruise?

We are Diamnd on RCI (soon to be Diamond Plus). We have never been on Celebrity, but are considering a long cruise on Celebrity in 2020. I am assuming we will be Elite Status on Celebrity, is that correct? Laundry benefits would be helpful on that cruise. We also enjoy the Diamond Cocktail Hour on RCI, so I assume we would like the same on Celebrity. We do not normally book suites. What other perks can we expect on a Celebrity cruise?

You would be Elite on Celebrity. Here's a link to the page listing all the benefits.https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Yes you will be Elite. Make sure you provide Celebrity with your C&A numbers when you book the cruise. Celebrity's happy hour is only two hours long. 5:00PM to 7:00 PM. No dedicated lounge like the DL. The HH (s) are held in the Sky Lounge or whatever the ship you are sailing on calls it. No 3 drinks loaded on your Seapass card each evening. The exception to that would be if there is a large number of Elites and above on your cruise. We haven't experienced that on any of our cruises with Celebrity. No HH on the first evening of the cruise and no HH when the Senior officers party is held. You will receive in your room a printout of all Elite perks.

You would be Elite on Celebrity. Here's a link to the page listing all the benefits.https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

I see from the link that it doesn't show one piece for dry cleaning for Elite + but shows for Elite. We were on Solstice in Feb and got the free piece of dry cleaning for Elite +.

Thank you. Very helpful. Of course, my DH will be most excited by the complimentary scoop of Gelato!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes it will. Have you checked them out? Believe me, all the solo cruisers I know have. They're tiny and cost almost as much as paying a full single supplement. Consensus of everyone I heard from is they would rather pay a few dollars more and have a real stateroom.

It is very strange that the smaller solo cabins would cost almost twice as much as a regular cabin on a Per Person basis. Must be some kind of error.

Although I never cruise solo, your comment made me curious.

I checked a January 2020 Edge cruise as a solo. The solo cabin was only about $200 more for a Solo cabin over a per person rate for two people. Therefore the Solo cabin is almost half the cost (plus $200)

Of course I can understand paying the solo surcharge for a larger cabin, but it costs almost twice as much. It will be interesting to see if the Solo cabins are successful, especially if the cost savings is not enough to encourage booking.

When Edge’s first Caribbean Cruises were opened for booking in March 2017, pricing for the solo cabins approximated 75-80% of the cost associated with the two person cost of a mid-range standard Infinite Veranda cabin...

There is still solo cabin availability for my Caribbean cruise next March; the solo staterooms for the Transatlantic next April—first offered for sale last October—were sold out months ago...