Email Princess if you are unhappy with the bottled water price increase

Coral

We apologize for the pricing error. We are in the process of refunding the price difference from guests who purchased the water bottle package over the past day. The price will be fixed in Cruise Personalizer shortly.

And what price might we expect, 6.90?

We apologize for the pricing error. We are in the process of refunding the price difference from guests who purchased the water bottle package over the past day. The price will be fixed in Cruise Personalizer shortly.

That’s great news for everyone!

Nice to see Princess Cruises posting on CC!

Thank you for posting here!

This was a glitch or some type of error. The water is still $6.90 per 12 pack. I just ordered six cases for three different cruises a few minutes ago. Call Princess and someone there will help you. Happy ordering!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, they increased the price (revamped the product according to Princess). When they received hundreds of emails, they changed their mind.

I actually spoke to someone last night and she said that they removed the product while they were "revamping the product" and that it would appear soon again, most likely at a higher price. I thought maybe 10% higher, not quadruple the price. When they received hundreds (if not thousands) of emails today, they reverted back to the normal price. This was not an accidental mistake or glitch.

I am extremely thankful that Princess listened to their customers and their stock holders who emailed in and adjusted the price back.

Their new water prices are not out of line with other cruise lines...but it is those very differences that cause us to choose one line over another. The more they become like "every other line' date='" the less incentive there is to choose Princess.

No, I'm not saying that the price of water would be sufficient to make me choose a different line, but the total of the small changes can make a particular company less attractive.[/quote']

It is out of line with what other cruise lines that do not allow you to bring water on board charge for pre-cruise water purchases.

Here is Carnival Cruise Line cost for bottled water both pre-cruise and on the ship:

• $4.50 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) pre-purchased through the Fun Shops
  • $4.50 USD (plus 15% gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) purchased through Room Service

As shown above, Carnival has a reasonable on board price also.

Exactly. I don't understand the logic of some people. Hell, raise ALL the prices on Princess to 3 times what they normally are! Why not - someone WILL pay it, right?

I have been reading and posting on this board since I first bought (and surprised) my Wife at Christmas with our first cruise. After reading hundreds upon hundreds of posts from long time "cruisers" and first time cruisers (like us) - and seeing how Princess is "changing" right before our eyes - this will be our first - and last cruise.

We have vacationed all over the world, multiple times but never cruised. After all the cash I laid out for this 7 day trip to Alaska, it's not worth it (at least to me). Much simpler to fly in, rent a car and a hotel and "go for it".

I sat down last night and compared pricing for a cruise (Balcony) for 7 days compared to a fly in 7 day vacation. The fly in won hands down. Now, Princess wants to boost prices for bottled water and some on this board think it's fine. Just like the "Princess is getting rid of straws" thread. Some think the idea is great....

I've already fired off an Email to Princess - but don't get your hopes up. And, for you longtime cruisers? Get ready to open your wallets and purses more and more often.

Ha Ha Ha.:'):'):')

Cruise Critic is a microcosm of the entire cruising community.

Most here are addicts to all things cruising. With all of the recent cutbacks&increase in nickle and diming having an overall effect of cheapening the experience, many here are in a loveless marriage to Princess.

You may or may not find cruising right for you. You also may or may not recognize and/or appreciate the value&convenience/cost ratio. You simply won't know 'til you try. However, I wouldn't let the board bring you down. There will be 25 page threads about butter rationing on here. I kid you not.

Now how about an email blitz to bring back the BOGO $1. That is more of a loss to many than the bottled water.

I really loved that offer. Happy to try an email campaign if we think we have a chance.

I ordered my water tonight before the $6.90 disappears again........

It is out of line with what other cruise lines that do not allow you to bring water on board charge for pre-cruise water purchases.

Here is Carnival Cruise Line cost for bottled water both pre-cruise and on the ship:

• $4.50 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) pre-purchased through the Fun Shops
  • $4.50 USD (plus 15% gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) purchased through Room Service

As shown above, Carnival has a reasonable on board price also.

but remember, Barnival cruise line doesn't allow you to bring any water onboard and all adults in the same cabin have to purchase the PBP if one does...

Folks - while we'll never know the internal email threads at Princess yesterday regarding the price change (but, MAN, I'd love to see them. Of course, we'd also love for someone to write a book on the insider story of the ***** debacle, as my spouse and I both work in IoT technology...), many thanks to all on CC who mailed Princess and bombarded them. Might it be good to move away from plastic water bottles? Yes. But if so, it should be phased and communicated well, as many cruisers plan around those.

No, they increased the price (revamped the product according to Princess). When they received hundreds of emails, they changed their mind.

I actually spoke to someone last night and she said that they removed the product while they were "revamping the product" and that it would appear soon again, most likely at a higher price. I thought maybe 10% higher, not quadruple the price. When they received hundreds (if not thousands) of emails today, they reverted back to the normal price. This was not an accidental mistake or glitch.

I am extremely thankful that Princess listened to their customers and their stock holders who emailed in and adjusted the price back.

I was just stating what I was told by my CVP. Whatever the reason, I'm thankful it's back to its original price.

I was surprised this morning that I had a voicemail from Princess regarding the email I sent about this subject. The caller told me that the price for water was back to its previous cost and she also spoke to the other two points I had in my email.

I wish that I had been available to answer the call and thank her for the phone call. It has mostly restored my faith in Princess.