Email Princess if you are unhappy with the bottled water price increase

Coral

I was surprised this morning that I had a voicemail from Princess regarding the email I sent about this subject. The caller told me that the price for water was back to its previous cost and she also spoke to the other two points I had in my email.

I wish that I had been available to answer the call and thank her for the phone call. It has mostly restored my faith in Princess.

That was very kind of them. I have not received a call. I am hoping I am not banned from sailing them :)

This may also be Princess wanting to get out of the water delivery business. I have a friend in construction that will give an outrageous bid on a job that he does not want to do. If the person paying the tab is crazy enough to agree to the jacked up price, he will do the work. If we are crazy enough to pay $24 for 12 bottled waters, Princess will be happy to deliver.

100%. I was frankly very surprised that they offered it at such a value price before!

The price was based on a US retail/cost as well. In other countries there is a significant increase in what it would cost to restock the ships supply.

Exactly. I don't understand the logic of some people. Hell, raise ALL the prices on Princess to 3 times what they normally are! Why not - someone WILL pay it, right?

I have been reading and posting on this board since I first bought (and surprised) my Wife at Christmas with our first cruise. After reading hundreds upon hundreds of posts from long time "cruisers" and first time cruisers (like us) - and seeing how Princess is "changing" right before our eyes - this will be our first - and last cruise.

We have vacationed all over the world, multiple times but never cruised. After all the cash I laid out for this 7 day trip to Alaska, it's not worth it (at least to me). Much simpler to fly in, rent a car and a hotel and "go for it".

I sat down last night and compared pricing for a cruise (Balcony) for 7 days compared to a fly in 7 day vacation. The fly in won hands down. Now, Princess wants to boost prices for bottled water and some on this board think it's fine. Just like the "Princess is getting rid of straws" thread. Some think the idea is great....

I've already fired off an Email to Princess - but don't get your hopes up. And, for you longtime cruisers? Get ready to open your wallets and purses more and more often.

I’m sorry you feel this way. Cruising is amazing and Alaska is the best of the best. The ports you visit would never happen if you didn’t access it through cruising. Your day at Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm with be worth a million dollars..

And the absolute delight of the scenery from your waterfront view on your balcony is unmatched.

I think sometimes Cruise Critic ( and other message boards) are populated by very helpful experienced people who can also be very jaded. Somewhat like looking up a medical condition on the internet... too much information can be very detrimental. 80% of cruisers don’t get themselves involved with this sort of negative politics and waltz onboard to experience an amazing vacation.... Step away from cruise critic and start looking at Alaskan scenery YouTube videos

I received a phone call from Princess customer service this morning in response to my e-mail concerning the increase in the bottled water price. The caller advised me that the price had been restored to $6.90 and apologized for the incident. I asked if the price increase was a mistake or if Princess reduced the price in response to the many e-mails it received. The response was "We didn't get the whole story, but it appears there was a price discrepancy." (Huh?) Anyway - glad the price is now reasonable again and that Princess promptly responded to my e-mail.

I’m glad that Princess is doing the right thing. I will say, I let them have it in my post-cruise review that I hadn’t yet filled out from a few days ago, figuring that someone might eventually see it.

One of the first questions was how likely we would be to recommend Princess to others, and I put a zero. Then it promoted me to explain why, and I told them that it was ridiculous to gouge people for water, on top of removing the Happy Hours, on top of increasing the drink prices overall, on top of increasing the drinks at the PES Lounge and that the drinks aren’t even good, and I let them know that they will never force us into a beverage package.

Just sent an email re. water price increase - we had pre-booked bottles of water for our upcoming cruise in March 2019 but hadn't paid, they disappeared from our cruise personaliser 'out of stock' apparently. Reappeared at these inflated price!!

Just sent an email re. water price increase - we had pre-booked bottles of water for our upcoming cruise in March 2019 but hadn't paid, they disappeared from our cruise personaliser 'out of stock' apparently. Reappeared at these inflated price!!

My rate has been re-adjusted to the original rate. Maybe it is taking longer "down under". Check back tomorrow.

Thank you Princess - water prices back to the original one listed!

Just sent an email re. water price increase - we had pre-booked bottles of water for our upcoming cruise in March 2019 but hadn't paid, they disappeared from our cruise personaliser 'out of stock' apparently. Reappeared at these inflated prices!!

Thank you Princess - water prices back to the original one listed!

Don't know what is going on with this. Not upset or anything, just curious. But for our next three cruises, last being August, 2019, for only $6.90, today I went ahead and bought water for all of them. So if they take the option away in the future or raise the prices, at least I have already purchased. Is the one amenity that my DH loves and it is reasonably priced for the ease. Yes, purchasing in a grocery store and slapping on a luggage tag is the cheapest, but a pain to me. So here's hoping they keep bringing it back to $6.90. Is Princess IT having fun with us?:o;p:rolleyes:

Pooh

I agree w/ Pooh. Sure if I drive to a port (that'd be Galveston and RCI) I'll bring a case of water. But to get off a plane and find a store for a case of water? I have other things to do. So I'm happy to pay for the convenience of having a case of water in my cabin waiting for me. UP TO A PRICE POINT and the $20+ is way too high. Glad that it's back to $6.90 and i grabbed 2 cases for us at that point.

I feel as if I'm buying water on the Futures Market!!

I’ve never been able to buy it on an Aussie cruise.

I hate the overly warm water that comes out of the faucet when I need to drink in the middle of the night. Nothing beats a nice, cool bottle of water from the fridge when suffering from hot flashes.

Which is why after I put tap water into a bottle, I cool it down in the fridge.

Which is why after I put tap water into a bottle, I cool it down in the fridge.

Glad you have a system that works for you. That wouldn’t work for me, however, as I like to also tote sealed water bottles off the ship for later use in port, as may others have mentioned.

I think raising the bottled water price is a good idea as it will most likely reduce the amount of plastic trash produced. These ships make their own water using reverse osmosis which produces water that is better than most plastic water bottle product. DW and I always bring a couple of empty sturdy bottles and fill them from our storeroom tap. We are happy knowing at least we know how the water was produced and exactly where it came from.

They still include it free in the Premiere Beverage Package and also in the Suites, should they increase those costs also according to your logic? Plus, they are going to continue to sell it when you go on shore excursions. By raising the price, their goal was to not decrease plastic waste, it was pure greed.

I have purchased one package of 12 bottles, and when we've drunk them all (probably by day 2!) we will re-fill them with tap water. I mainly ordered them so we have the bottles to re-fill, ships tap water is fine for me. This is of course with us flying from the UK to FLL- if I was driving to port I would probably just bring bottles with me!

I'm glad we get the free Elite minibar setup. Before we did, we would take a bottle of water each and refill them.

We are elite on our next cruise. Does the Elite minibar setup include bottled water?