Email Princess if you are unhappy with the bottled water price increase

Coral

You can always bring your own bottle and fill it as needed, (using a glass at the water station, please!) Better for the environment than all those plastic bottles!

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

This exactly.

The water on board is actually better than what you get in those bottles.

Princess has to pay to have all those plastic bottles disposed of and since people insist on bottled water they are passing the cost onto those who consume the bottled water. They could just raise the cost of cruising and make everyone pay.

So yes I emailed Princess and expressed my appreciation that they are actually passing the cost off onto those who use it and not all the passengers.

This exactly.

Princess has to pay to have all those plastic bottles disposed of and since people insist on bottled water they are passing the cost onto those who consume the bottled water. They could just raise the cost of cruising and make everyone pay.

So yes I emailed Princess and expressed my appreciation that they are actually passing the cost off onto those who use it and not all the passengers.

Is there anything you like to spend your money on whilst onboard. I will send a email to Princess recommending they quadruple the price.

Nickel and Dime department is thinking in full force. Will send emails for sure.

Will either carry on water or just ask for a glass of ice water at the bar. Have done that in the past and bartenders have always graciously given me a glass of cold water.

Things like this, chicken and waffles on the MDR menu and no steak, no Parmesan basket, one small lobster tail for an entree in the Crown Grilll for $29, no BOGO $1 happy hour, downgraded captain circle parties, makes me think that an upscale line is not much more considering what you get.

This exactly.

As I was coming down the Amazon I asked if the water from the tap was ok to drink a few years ago. The hotel manager

Said sure as well as everyone else. I always drink water from the tap. But then it turned brown and then muddy.

Thar was when I asked they said “I wouldn’t”. That also was when I made permanent switch to bottled water on board. Their purification system is not quite what they would have you think. Go ahead if you believe it is. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there anything you like to spend your money on whilst onboard. I will send a email to Princess recommending they quadruple the price.

Exactly. I don't understand the logic of some people. Hell, raise ALL the prices on Princess to 3 times what they normally are! Why not - someone WILL pay it, right?

I have been reading and posting on this board since I first bought (and surprised) my Wife at Christmas with our first cruise. After reading hundreds upon hundreds of posts from long time "cruisers" and first time cruisers (like us) - and seeing how Princess is "changing" right before our eyes - this will be our first - and last cruise.

We have vacationed all over the world, multiple times but never cruised. After all the cash I laid out for this 7 day trip to Alaska, it's not worth it (at least to me). Much simpler to fly in, rent a car and a hotel and "go for it".

I sat down last night and compared pricing for a cruise (Balcony) for 7 days compared to a fly in 7 day vacation. The fly in won hands down. Now, Princess wants to boost prices for bottled water and some on this board think it's fine. Just like the "Princess is getting rid of straws" thread. Some think the idea is great....

I've already fired off an Email to Princess - but don't get your hopes up. And, for you longtime cruisers? Get ready to open your wallets and purses more and more often.

If Princess is doing this for environmental reasons, they should just say so and I would be fine with that. Then they should make available refillable water bottles and have those big culligan like water dispensers around the ship so customers can refill if they don't like the tap water. If they are doing it to encourage people to buy beverage packages, then it pretty much sucks. Many people fly in the day of the cruise and stopping to buy their own water isn't always convenient.

What is the easiest way to take a case onboard?Never had to do it before now.

Put some packing tape around it to secure it and then tape a luggage tag on there. It will be delivered to your stateroom or at least outside in the hallway just like your luggage is.

My example of the brown water on the Amazon is not the only case. On at least 7 other cruises the sink water was brown. I certainly don’t carry around a plastic bottle in the US as has become a fashion but on the other hand I don’t drink tap water in certain countries. Ships because the water is frequently discolored and undrinkable should provide bottled water free of charge. Mike

What is the easiest way to take a case onboard?Never had to do it before now.

First, let me say we are the type that travel with duct tape. LOL. Ok, got that out of the way. What we do is buy a case or two of bottled water when we get to the port from which we are sailing. Having printed an extra luggage tag or two, we affix them to the case of water with duct tape, and also reinforce the plastic wrap around the case of water with duct tape (usually necessary). We then give that, along with our checked baggage to the baggage handlers before embarkation.

Why do we bother? For whatever unknown reason, the water on board causes me to retain a whole lot of fluid, to the point where my feet and ankles hurt. Using bottled water when not in the dining room is most helpful, significantly reducing this problem for me. So, instead of purchasing from Princess, which was nice while it lasted, we are back to acquiring the necessary amounts prior to boarding and checking them.

Put some packing tape around it to secure it and then tape a luggage tag on there. It will be delivered to your stateroom or at least outside in the hallway just like your luggage is.

Thank you!I am glad to know we don't have to carry it on.

My example of the brown water on the Amazon is not the only case. On at least 7 other cruises the sink water was brown. I certainly don’t carry around a plastic bottle in the US as has become a fashion but on the other hand I don’t drink tap water in certain countries. Ships because the water is frequently discolored and undrinkable should provide bottled water free of charge. Mike

I think there is a difference between drinking from the tap and refilling your water bottles from the buffet? Surely if the dining room was serving discoloured water, people would notice? I don’t drink from the tap while onboard, but I take my own bottle and refill it at their drink stations in the buffet/gym/bar where the water is meant for drinking.

I think there is a difference between drinking from the tap and refilling your water bottles from the buffet? Surely if the dining room was serving discoloured water, people would notice? I don’t drink from the tap while onboard, but I take my own bottle and refill it at their drink stations in the buffet/gym/bar where the water is meant for drinking.

Same water in all venues.

Never had an issue with tap water on a Princess cruise. :rolleyes:

Have sent the requested emails........

Same water in all venues.

Never had an issue with tap water on a Princess cruise. :rolleyes:

Have sent the requested emails........

Well if you’ve never had an issue with the tap water then easy, just fill your bottle with tap water! Super convenient!

I just went on line to order water for my upcoming cruise on Caribbean Princess and couldn't believe the increase in price. I will also complain about the increase in bottled water. I checked Princess's list of prohibited items and can't find bottled water on the list. Has anyone actually brought water on board? Did you put it in your carry on or in a separate cooler?