New Wine Limits

esm54687

That wouldn't make financial sense for them to do that. Why would they confiscate and hold when they can make $15 bucks a bottle for doing nothing more than charging a corkage fee?

Sounds like more bad info from an NCL PCC which is not unusual.

That wouldn't make financial sense for them to do that. Why would they confiscate and hold when they can make $15 bucks a bottle for doing nothing more than charging a corkage fee?

Sounds like more bad info from an NCL PCC which is not unusual.

so they can SELL more wine on the ship..just like when they banned bringing on water and soda. Too many people was bringing on too much liquids and the bar sales dropped. So NCL took action to increase onboard bar sales.Every new change allows NCL to make more and more money.

so they can SELL more wine on the ship..just like when they banned bringing on water and soda. Too many people was bringing on too much liquids and the bar sales dropped. So NCL took action to increase onboard bar sales.Every new change allows NCL to make more and more money.

However, most people who are sailing these days have the UBP so they can get all the wine they want by the glass, included. If people bring their own wine they pay corkage and NCL uses less of their stock wine.

I can't imagine they have much in the way of bar sales these days anyway with the vast majority of cruises offering the ubp as a free perk ( yes I know all about the dsc being added)

We spent a total of $105 on our April 1 cruise. Purchased 2 bottles of wine at dinner and also had a free latitudes bottle as a perk and had 3 frozen margaritas in spice.

Didn't get the free ubp and the bartender in spice was actually surprised I was paying for the drinks lol

We did our foo foo drinking at the all inclusives at the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

However, most people who are sailing these days have the UBP so they can get all the wine they want by the glass, included. If people bring their own wine they pay corkage and NCL uses less of their stock wine.

True about drinking as much less expensive(covered under UBP) wine by the glass as you want. Most wine brought on by passengers though is of better quality or not sold by the glass under the UBP. So, yes indeed this is a money maker for NCL. Now someone will only be able to bring 2 bottles and will have to purchase the rest on board thus increasing higher priced bottle sales.

True about drinking as much less expensive(covered under UBP) wine by the glass as you want. Most wine brought on by passengers though is of better quality or not sold by the glass under the UBP. So, yes indeed this is a money maker for NCL. Now someone will only be able to bring 2 bottles and will have to purchase the rest on board thus increasing higher priced bottle sales.

You make a good point but then the question becomes will people really be willing to pay the high NCL wine bottle prices or will they settle for a lesser label by the glass that is covered in the UBP.

I guess we'll see, IF in fact this rumor is true.

Morning

Just got off the phone with NCL and was told they are now limiting embarkation wine to only 2 bottles per cabin and if you bring more on board they hold and return at end of cruise.

The website does not indicate this.... any one else told this?

https://www.ncl.com/faq/liquor-beverage-policy

I hope this is not true. I have to say, I have often 'just gotten off the phone" with NCL and been told something completely inaccurate.

Question, if you bring on two bottle, do they charge you a corking fee? We would drink it in our rooms.

You are charged the corkage fee no matter where you consume the wine - $15 per 750-ml bottle. This is the current policy.

We all know you can call NCL and get different answers.

Sounds like another "inspiration" from FDR. Always seems to be looking to get additional revenues every few months.

ie: Increase in DSC last month, AGAIN.

Getting old or are we just getting used to it??

Perhaps that is the plan.

I'll have drink package each time I'm on NCL and I'll mostly avoid wine (my normal go-to drink) bc of selections available. (once paid $9 upcharge for a better glass but not worth it).

IF by some chance they are making the limit 2 and taking away $15 charge (for simplification at port/to be more standard like some other lines), it could be a rare time when something changed for the positive!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sounds like another "inspiration" from FDR. Always seems to be looking to get additional revenues every few months.

ie: Increase in DSC last month, AGAIN.

Getting old or are we just getting used to it??

Perhaps that is the plan.

No. This is not confirmed by anyone and most likely is just BAD info from a PCC. Go figure.

No need for folks to overreact.

Thank you all for confirming I was again given erroneous information from the NCL PCC...... I should learn to stick with my CAS rep but I was in a hurry to ask a separate question when he suddenly ly volunteered the info