Symphony of The Sea Boardwalk Balcony

Hi,

We normally loved having Ocean View balcony room in our past cruises. This time, we want to try something different. We were able to secure a cabin on deck 10 toward the very end. The cabin is marked as having some obstructions. We want to hear what your thoughts are.

Thank you.

Hi,

We normally loved having Ocean View balcony room in our past cruises. This time, we want to try something different. We were able to secure a cabin on deck 10 toward the very end. The cabin is marked as having some obstructions. We want to hear what your thoughts are.

Thank you.

It’s the Abyss slide that blocks some of the view.

We always get ocean view balcony, but a few years ago we put the kids across in the boardwalk balcony. Even my kids never want a boardwalk again. For me I can’t handle zero privacy like living in an apartment and have to close the blinds to get dressed. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always get ocean view balcony, but a few years ago we put the kids across in the boardwalk balcony. Even my kids never want a boardwalk again. For me I can’t handle zero privacy like living in an apartment and have to close the blinds to get dressed. Never again.

Exactly why we would never book Boardwalk or Central Park. No privacy. Who wants to sail with drapes closed all the time?

Like OP we want to try something different. Can't comment as we haven't tried it yet, but these rooms look fun. Won't be super quiet like ocean view but good for people watching and seeing the action. And if OP is near the end, then good spot too. Sure the Abyss will prevent a picture perfect view of the ocean, but it's not like it's a large screen covering all. We can't wait to try this room.

Giant Purple Abyss Slide = also the sound of people screaming "weeeeeeeee!!!" as they slide past your balcony

And those "loud" late night movies in the Aqua Theater :eek:

I have cruised in both Central Park and Boardwalk balconies - and while I prefer the ocean, if you like to people watch the Boardwalk is great! It can be loud during the day but I found it very quiet at night. I think it is worth checking out.

I have cruised in both Central Park and Boardwalk balconies - and while I prefer the ocean, if you like to people watch the Boardwalk is great! It can be loud during the day but I found it very quiet at night. I think it is worth checking out.

Agree, love my Vision/Radiance Class Corner/Afts, but a close second is people watching. Like you said it quiet's down at nite.....

Unfortunately you cannot hear the movies! I wish I could have but from deck 12...nothing.

We could hear the sound especially from the action movies on our deck #9...and that was with the slider shut.

A couple of times this went on after midnight. I was very surprised at that fact.

Glad we all got to try the Boardwalk cabins and thought we were so lucky to have the last four all right next to each other, making for a nice long balcony. No regrets considering the price point I got and to experience a new ship. Will I book this category again....probably not.

Thank you all for sharing your experience or thoughts. When we had the ocean balconies, we rarely spent tons of time on the balcony except embarkation, debarkation, watching the ship docking at ports, etc...

We have the very end Boardwalk cabin reserved on deck 10 (closest to the Aqua Theater), hopefully it is high enough not be bothered by the noises and low enough to enjoy what is going on down under. Since it is a Boardwalk cabin, the peek-a-boo ocean view would be perceived as a bonus, and we won't be disappointed now understand what to expect - the giant purple. We can't wait to find out!

With the obstructed view, one would think the price should be less? But not, it is actually about $100 more expensive than the other cabins on the Boardwalk. That I don't quite understand.

Edited by CeCe_

Thank you all for sharing your experience or thoughts. When we had the ocean balconies, we rarely spent tons of time on the balcony except embarkation, debarkation, watching the ship docking at ports, etc...

We have the very end Boardwalk cabin reserved on deck 10 (closest to the Aqua Theater), hopefully it is high enough not be bothered by the noises and low enough to enjoy what is going on down under. Since it is a Boardwalk cabin, the peek-a-boo ocean view would be perceived as a bonus, and we won't be disappointed now understand what to expect - the giant purple. We can't wait to find out!

With the obstructed view, one would think the price should be less? But not, it is actually about $100 more expensive than the other cabins on the Boardwalk. That I don't quite understand.

The last 5 cabins are in higher demand due to the view of the Aquatheatre. They just recently added the obstructed view qualifier as people complained about the slide spoiling their view.

My kids (teen and College age) love the boardwalk view. They stay in the BW view and my husband and I stay across the hall in an ocean view. They requested another BW view this year. They like to people watch. Once the doors are shut, it’s very quiet. This is our first sailing on harmony and they’re aware their view of the aqua theater will be obstructed.

My kids (teen and College age) love the boardwalk view. They stay in the BW view and my husband and I stay across the hall in an ocean view. They requested another BW view this year. They like to people watch. Once the doors are shut, it’s very quiet. This is our first sailing on harmony and they’re aware their view of the aqua theater will be obstructed.

We also found them fairly quiet with the doors shut on Oasis and Allure. It was a different experience on the Harmony though as it was definitely louder even with the doors closed.

We rather like the neighborhood balconies as a change now and then, especially when the price (after our C&A discount) is terrific (often less than an inside cabin). I know people here complain about having to close drapes (don’t they do that at home when they undress? Why is it so hard on vacation?), but that is no big deal to us.

If one is really bothered, just keep the drapes closed all the time; it will feel much like an inside cabin. Except unlike an inside cabin you always have the option to slip outside for fresh air, aqua show or people watching. Many people happily sail time and again in inside cabins; so no surprise plenty of people are happy in neighborhood balconies)

We also found them fairly quiet with the doors shut on Oasis and Allure. It was a different experience on the Harmony though as it was definitely louder even with the doors closed.

With almost 9000 people on board each week, do you feel in a crowded place all the time?

With almost 9000 people on board each week, do you feel in a crowded place all the time?

I never feel crowded on an Oasis class ship, except when shows let out or it's just before dinner time, but these are bottleneck times on EVERY ship, regardless of size.

And when you count the absolute maximum passenger berths (all triples and quads full of 3 and 4 passengers, respectively, no single cabin occupancy) plus the entire Royal Caribbean crew, it gives a very skewed idea of what "so many people on board!" means.

being of the people watcher types, we LOVED our boardwalk balcony on the allure...

Definitely one of the Pros I am seeing. It allows us to engage without having to leave a room for any reason. I am already falling in love with BW. I think DH would agree.

Definitely one of the Pros I am seeing. It allows us to engage without having to leave a room for any reason. I am already falling in love with BW. I think DH would agree.

my daughter and son in law just booked the symphony in july....a BW balcony room of course...

it's interesting because when they have a regular oceanview balcony, they rarely use it..

but when they were on the allure in a BW balcony, they used it a lot....had breakfast out there every morning...had snacks out there...etc

they just really got a lot of use of that balcony...

i understand how some people would hate it because of the lack of privacy...

i guess it's sort of like how some people like to sit on their front porch and watch the world go by and for others the privacy of their backyard is the only place to be...

fortunately, there are balconies for both types..

Hi,

Thank you.

We stayed in 8729 boardwalk balcony and loved it but that was on the Oasis . In Oct. 2019 we are staying in 8727 on Harmony of Seas at first I was concerned it may be obstructed but I was reassured by my TA and RC it would not be if I would have taken 8729 it does show the Abyss would be blocking our view. I personally like sitting on balcony watching people ( not thru windows lol ) its like being on boardwalk people watching. I have done OVB but all I get to see there is water . If I don't like it then next time I will do things differently then.