HAL tote bags

takemewithyou

On Grand Voyage they give out a Saddle Bag

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

The water proof totes....... do you mean the dark blue with the big white HAL logo l made of light weight coated plastic fabric? If so, I have a few but never went on World Cruise, yet, :)

Saddle Big? I have an awful image of what that looks like. How does one carry or wear it?

We received the navy blue waterproof ones on a couple of "collector" cruises.

We took so many collector cruises that is likely ho w I got them. I lik those bag butg sometimes have wished for a zip top close.

We received the navy blue waterproof ones on a couple of "collector" cruises.
We took so many collector cruises that is likely ho w I got them. I like those bags but sometimes have wished for a zip top close.

LOL!:D:D:D

One just has to live at the buffet the entire cruise and then look down to ones left and right sides.

Oay, YUp, I get it :)

But how does one carry their sun lotion, book, tablet etc, without the 'tote' usefulness ?

Our cat, Tony the Tiger, really enjoys digging around in those HAL bags. He is so goofy, he puts his head through the strap and walks around with it that way.

True, they don't last a long time, but he doesn't really care. I have several in reserve.

Jim

Our cat chewed his way through the strap of the bag in about 10 seconds. He likes those bags, too. ;)

Find the tote bag useful on the ship...to put our books, sunglasses etc to go to the pool. Equally as useful to take on shore...good for purchases etc. I leave the bag on the ship and do not bring it home.

About 20 years ago we shared a dinner table with a couple who sailed HAL frequently. The wife made “formal night” items for both from the bags - a bow tie and cummerbund for him and a vest for her. They were “lovely”. This was in the days when we dressed up for formal nights - tuxes and long gowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About 20 years ago we shared a dinner table with a couple who sailed HAL frequently. The wife made “formal night” items for both from the bags - a bow tie and cummerbund for him and a vest for her. They were “lovely”. This was in the days when we dressed up for formal nights - tuxes and long gowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember seeing that couple on one cruise or another they were both wearing vests made from the canvas totes by the lady. Very clever. :)

• 1 month later...
Can't remember - does HAL give suite guests a nicer tote bag than in non-suite staterooms (as they do, for example, on Celebrity)?

No they don't. Tote bags are the same no matter what category you are booked in.

Handed out before the first port

On my Japan cruise in April, I asked about the tote bag on the second day - was told they had "run out" but would be getting more at the next port. After the "next port" I asked customer service again, was told they would be handed out before the final port, never received one - too late to use it by that time. No follow-up calls.

I have some of the white canvas bags dating back to 1985, with the three ships’ names, that were sailing at the time Noordam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Rotterdam! Also have a later edition that included Westerdam. Of course, all those ships have later “versions” carrying the same name.

(And I will be going on my first Westerdam cruise on August 19).