HAL tote bags

takemewithyou

Love that Alaska bag. We cruised Alaska on the Eurodam this year and didn't get a bag! So are these reserved for Suite guests or Higher Star Mariners? We were neither. (And if this has been mentioned in an earlier post, please forgive me, it takes a while to scroll thru the pages.)

Love that Alaska bag. We cruised Alaska on the Eurodam this year and didn't get a bag! So are these reserved for Suite guests or Higher Star Mariners? We were neither. (And if this has been mentioned in an earlier post, please forgive me, it takes a while to scroll thru the pages.)

Perhaps someone who has a connection with the main HAL office can give us that answer. When we received this tote, we were in a Neptune Suite. But I'm not aware that this was an exclusive gift for Suite guests on this cruise. In the past, even though we were suite passengers, we would receive those cheap flimsy blue totes. This new one is a great marketing piece for HAL and it is perfect for those grocery trips (especially since we now live in a "no plastic bag" area).

Were either of the previously mentioned recent Noordam cruises Alaska itineraries? Still wondering if these particular bags might be unique to Alaska sailings (as kazu mentioned). Although I hope not, because they're really nice bags.

Were either of the previously mentioned recent Noordam cruises Alaska itineraries? Still wondering if these particular bags might be unique to Alaska sailings (as kazu mentioned). Although I hope not, because they're really nice bags.

Yes. Alaska but just in a regular veranda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps someone who has a connection with the main HAL office can give us that answer. When we received this tote, we were in a Neptune Suite. But I'm not aware that this was an exclusive gift for Suite guests on this cruise. In the past, even though we were suite passengers, we would receive those cheap flimsy blue totes. This new one is a great marketing piece for HAL and it is perfect for those grocery trips (especially since we now live in a "no plastic bag" area).

I will email HAL today, with a copy of your picture and see if I get a response! I'll post, if I do.

Just got a reply from HAL. They said that bag was originally designed to commemorate HAL's 70 year presence in Alaska. However, there has been such positive feedback from their guests, that they are redesigning the current (blue) tote bag with a similar designed bag. They expect the new bag will appear as early as later this year, once the durrent stock is depleated.

This is very good news! :D

That Alaska one is a nice bag and great HAL is taking steps to provide them to more cruisers. Nice to know they listened to us and learned many of us do not care for the current blue bag. They likely know that many of us don't use them on the ship and don't 'tote' them home.

Edited by sail7seas

I like the bag style b ut unless given on a cruise in Alaska, , I would prefer a more 'universal HAL ' design. An Alaska bag in the caribbean would be silly. If they don't make a universal design, they likely will not give them to us on any but Alaska cruises.

Of course it would be a universal style. That is why they said they are redesigning the bag. My suggestion in an earlier post was that they feature artists on the one side like they did in Alaska, but with depictions representing different parts of the world in which HAL cruises. Great marketing piece for HAL and more collectable.

Of course it would be a universal style. That is why they said they are redesigning the bag. My suggestion in an earlier post was that they feature artists on the one side like they did in Alaska, but with depictions representing different parts of the world in which HAL cruises. Great marketing piece for HAL and more collectable.

It is rare these days when I say ' of course ' as pertains to HAL and expect it to actually 'be so'.

This posting is what I would like to see occur in response to two previous posters who said "why not?" to my post.