Removing Stocked Food From Mini-Fridge

JanJanG

I've never seen food, only drinks, but as all have said, they are all empty now

Even when they had drinks in them(no food) we would just remove it and tell the steward what we had done.

Ours always had food in them (if you qualify Pringles and candy bars as food).

Ours always had food in them (if you qualify Pringles and candy bars as food).

Pringles in the fridge? Never have had any food in there on a cruise ship. We had them empty it just about every time and it’s always been just drinks. Now in hotels I have seen Pringles and candy and such on the counter in a box type thing, but never chips in the fridge on a ship or anywhere else. Who would want cold, soggy chips?

I don’t have a pic of my own so I did a search and came up with this. It’s exactly how I remember. Well minus the ice bucket. No food.

93db315f62943e49c76dc5b44ecb2869.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

No idea when you have cruised last but at least a year ago fridges were emptied.

Pringles in the fridge? Never have had any food in there on a cruise ship. We had them empty it just about every time and it’s always been just drinks. Now in hotels I have seen Pringles and candy and such on the counter in a box type thing' date=' but never chips in the fridge on a ship or anywhere else. Who would want cold, soggy chips?

I don’t have a pic of my own so I did a search and came up with this. It’s exactly how I remember. Well minus the ice bucket. No food.

[img']https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180704/93db315f62943e49c76dc5b44ecb2869.jpg[/img]

It wasn't on a recent cruise. It was when they still stocked them.

It apparently was something that Carnival put in there. I took the lid off of the Pringles and it was half empty. I told the cabin steward that it was opened and half of it was missing. He replaced it with a new one.

We use the mini cooler to chill any bottled water we order on board and found if we prop the wooden cabinet door open a bit, the water gets a bit cool.

If that door is shut, the mini fridge hardly works at all since there is no where for the heat extracted from it to go.

It wasn't on a recent cruise. It was when they still stocked them.

It apparently was something that Carnival put in there. I took the lid off of the Pringles and it was half empty. I told the cabin steward that it was opened and half of it was missing. He replaced it with a new one.

Yeah I figured it was when they stocked them and that pic was too. It was filled with cans and mini booze bottles. In all my cruises on both Carnival and Celebrity never was there food in there. And cold chips? Nasty. Seriously who would do that?

We use the mini cooler to chill any bottled water we order on board and found if we prop the wooden cabinet door open a bit, the water gets a bit cool.

If that door is shut, the mini fridge hardly works at all since there is no where for the heat extracted from it to go.

Never understood why that door is there anyway.

instead of propping the door open, we just pull the fridge out a few inches. I also believe years ago the fridges were wine coolers, not having compressors. Our last 2 -3 cruises they were definitely refrigerators, like brain freeze cold.

No idea when you have cruised last but at least a year ago fridges were emptied.

Stu, My understanding is it was the cabinet door that unlocked when the steward provided the key upon request. Someone will correct soon if I'm off base.

Even when they had drinks in them(no food) we would just remove it and tell the steward what we had done.

We did the same thing. How would you like to buy a beer that's probably been in and out of the fridge several times? yuck

Yeah I figured it was when they stocked them and that pic was too. It was filled with cans and mini booze bottles. In all my cruises on both Carnival and Celebrity never was there food in there. And cold chips? Nasty. Seriously who would do that?

I do! I'm addicted to Lays Stax in plastic canisters and after opening and eating some, I always throw the remaining in the fridge. Once something is opened, I don't like placing it in pantry or cabinet for fear of attracting bugs. They don't get soggy at all and stay crispy. I also do it with bagged tortilla chips too. Tastes just fine....maybe i'm just weird? :o

• Like 1

I do! I'm addicted to Lays Stax in plastic canisters and after opening and eating some, I always throw the remaining in the fridge. Once something is opened, I don't like placing it in pantry or cabinet for fear of attracting bugs. They don't get soggy at all and stay crispy. I also do it with bagged tortilla chips too. Tastes just fine....maybe i'm just weird? :o

Definitely not something I would do. I would be more afraid they would absorb some smells from things in the fridge or moisture than bugs in the pantry. Although probably less chance of that in a plastic can vs a bag, but I don't buy those kind. Bugs aren't going to get in there either if it's sealed. The cans of Pringles I have seen on counters in hotels aren't plastic, though. They are that cardboard lined type. A chip clip for bags is simple and easy to use. I didn't think putting chips in the fridge is a common thing, but apparently some people do it.

Still doesn't change the fact that I have never seen Pringles in any Carnival, Celebrity, or hotel fridge and we have been cruising since 2003.

Stu, My understanding is it was the cabinet door that unlocked when the steward provided the key upon request. Someone will correct soon if I'm off base.

Yes, in the old days, the cabinet was locked & you had to request it be unlocked. When our kids were traveling in the next cabin, we never had theirs unlocked. The steward didn't leave the key, though, so you had to leave it unlocked or locked.