eBay carnival gift cards

PH29

Has anyone else noticed that there are $100 gift cards on eBay for $80. But unlike the last time they were sold at a good price through PayPal, these appear to be sold through private sellers. I hesitate to purchase one of these, one because they have an expiration date of July 8, even though they are digital, but secondly there are 5 sellers at once with these. What are others thoughts on these? Has anyone else purchased these?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be a little leery about buying from private sellers. You don't know if there's anything on those cards. I have 2 on my desk at home. There's nothing on them. My son used them to pay off his cruise a while back. Saving them to use to open/close the safe on our next cruise.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

There are now six sellers at once with the cards for $80. None of the sellers have more than one or two feedback and appear to be new accounts. I would not purchase from those sellers. Also what in the heck does an expiration date of 7/8 mean? Gift cards don’t expire. Stay away!

Something else to think about not only do you have the possibility of nothing being on it but a while back people were getting giftcards and then months later carnival was turning around and revoking the giftcards for some reason or another and then putting blocks on people's accounts to prevent them from using giftcards and i believe if I recall correctly this caused some people to lose their reservations because it was past payment due date and all of a suddent they owed all the money for the giftcards

SO I would stay away unless its coming directly from ebay/paypal - AARP, ALLSTATE, or your buying them directly at the stores - It's nice to save but not nice to lose money or run into headaches

If you have American Express card find the thread that talks about the deal they have $75 off $350 purchase

It's either a complete scam, or a trick to rope you into a timeshare/travel agent deal. I've had timeshares offer me these limited-use gift cards in exchange for a grueling 3 hour "presentation" before. I would assume it's a complete scam though. Odd since eBay is really good about giving refunds for people. What do they gain from it?

Report these scams to ebay.

Brand new sellers with zero feedback and made up names. You tell me if any of these sellers look reputable:

hdsghsd464gsgs (0)

seakingrunning (0)

americanchoral55 (0)

tomnicholascpa (0)

hopeinc55588 (0)

diabetesislet (0)

slowrollchicago (0)

firstteamautomotivecorp (0)

tomdavisfund (0)

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Thank you! - do you know how long the e-gift card takes to get delivered to your inbox? Is it instant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your talking about EBAY DON'T DO IT

if your talking about AARP then when its emailed mine usually shows up within 10 minutes or so