Drink packages .... not the typical question

TEGL

We are contemplating doing the Refreshment Package but only for the water. My kiddo (4yo) and husband are like camels and we go through water like CRAZY. The refreshment package offers the bottle water but we dont really use it for anything more (and the evian water package is much more expensive).

My questions - I am assuming that if you dont have a beverage package you have to pay for the RCCL 'brand' bottle water ... its not free, right? How much is a bottle of water? Just trying to see how many bottles we would have to go through on our 7 days to be in the black.

Bottles of water are not free, but there is always ice water available at all the dining and most snack spots.

On our last cruise the "standard" bottle of water (i.e. not the big Evian bottles) was $2.25 plus gratuity (16 oz bottle)

Honestly I'd just bring a refillable water bottle and top it off as needed. You can get a free glass of ice water and just pour it in your own bottle.

If you want bottled water, and don’t have a package, you have to pay for it. “Tap water” at restaurants is free. Since we have had drink packages lately, I haven’t paid attention to water bottle prices, but bet it’s at least $2.50 per bottle. Since DH and I love having some bottles in the room, and take a couple on excursions, we always try to swing by the bar on the way back to the cabin, and each pick up a bottle. On HOS, bartender would actually give us 2 bottles per card we gave him...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Note about ice water /tap water: You can walk into the buffet or up to any bar and ask for ice water any time. No charge, and it's already cold for you (unlike the bottled water you bring from home).

Most of the bars, at least out on the pool deck and solarium, now have containers of ice water available and you can just go help yourself. I really like that they have been doing that.

You can get water WHENEVER you want....any bar or restaurant will give you as much as you can drink. Your cabin also has plenty of water...and ice, if you ask for it to be delivered daily. The water on the ship is in your food, beverages and ice. Drink up!

Bring bottles of water with us and filling them up (along with bringing bladders) was what DH recommended, I just wasn't sure if we would be allowed to do that. I didn't think they would be OK with us filling up bottles of water constantly (my husband drinks from a gallons jug at home and *easily* gets that down in a day). In the past we have always had a package so we just take 4+ bottles off ship with us but they go FAST - this time he is wanting to bring a bladder to fill up and take :/

Bring bottles of water with us and filling them up (along with bringing bladders) was what DH recommended, I just wasn't sure if we would be allowed to do that. I didn't think they would be OK with us filling up bottles of water constantly (my husband drinks from a gallons jug at home and *easily* gets that down in a day). In the past we have always had a package so we just take 4+ bottles off ship with us but they go FAST - this time he is wanting to bring a bladder to fill up and take :/

You may fill them as much as you want, as long as you use a glass and do not stick your bottle up to the spigot.

Not necessarily for you (although it could be), but for other bottle-addicted people:

If you think that bottled water is better, that means filtered water. Just take one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Sport-Bottle-Filters/dp/B004GN6QV4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531889788&sr=8-4&keywords=brita+bottle+with+filter&dpID=41aV0z8fsqL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

41aV0z8fsqL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Take two refillable water bottles per person, fill them from your stateroom sink and stash one in the fridge, then swap out as needed. It won't be quite as cold as fresh ice water, but it sounds like y'all aren't drinking the coldest water at home anyway.

Yea seems like to buy the drinks package just for the water may not be worth it. The water on cruise ships tastes fine, is safe, and free! On our last cruise we filled our doubled walled water bottles with ice and water in the morning and they stayed cold all day! Lots of places to refill it on the ship buffets, bars etc...worked out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think you mentioned which ship, but if it's one that has the freestyle Coke machines, you can also refill your bottles there. Water is the one thing they'll dispense without using the provided cup, so no package necessary.

I don't think you mentioned which ship, but if it's one that has the freestyle Coke machines, you can also refill your bottles there. Water is the one thing they'll dispense without using the provided cup, so no package necessary.

I didn't know that. I thought you could only get ice from them without the soda cup.

You can have water delivered to your Stateroom through Crown and Ancor (see Royal Gifts) and save yourself a lot of money. 12 1 liter bottles is $45, 24 is $85. Cruise Planner also has a bottled water package. The Refreshment Package is only a good deal if you drink a lot of premium coffees, juices and virgin drinks. Even with that package bottled water can to hard to find and they would not deliver it to my room unless I paid for the water on top of the package. If you drink soda or want access to ice water the Soda package is a better option and cheaper than the Refreshment Package.

You can have water delivered to your Stateroom through Crown and Ancor (see Royal Gifts) and save yourself a lot of money. 12 1 liter bottles is $45, 24 is $85. Cruise Planner also has a bottled water package. The Refreshment Package is only a good deal if you drink a lot of premium coffees, juices and virgin drinks. Even with that package bottled water can to hard to find and they would not deliver it to my room unless I paid for the water on top of the package. If you drink soda or want access to ice water the Soda package is a better option and cheaper than the Refreshment Package.

Seriously? Not my experience at all.

Remember kids or adults that are active and especially in climates like the Caribbean, if that's where you are going, tend to drink a lot more than when not cruising.

You are also not supposed to share packages.

When getting drinks, and I don't care if it is just water, from a bartender, a tip every once in a while is only fair.

Have a great cruise and keep hydrated.. LOL

bosco

Why don't they drink the water from the ship's taps ? It is probably equivalent or better than bottled.

It's also free , bring water bottle from home and refill it in the buffet or at any bar.

(y) and save all the plastic from being used.

Remember kids or adults that are active and especially in climates like the Caribbean, if that's where you are going, tend to drink a lot more than when not cruising.

You are also not supposed to share packages.

When getting drinks, and I don't care if it is just water, from a bartender, a tip every once in a while is only fair.

Have a great cruise and keep hydrated.. LOL

bosco

why would you leave a tip when you are already paying an 18% service charge? to me that is the same as a tip.

why would you leave a tip when you are already paying an 18% service charge? to me that is the same as a tip.

I agree 100%! Which is why it pisses me off when I get a drink and it tastes awful or watered down. I'm already tipping you WELL over $1.00 a drink, which by standards is common practice and widely acceptable, they have the "Additional Tip" line. Get the hell outta here...

I agree 100%! Which is why it pisses me off when I get a drink and it tastes awful or watered down. I'm already tipping you WELL over $1.00 a drink, which by standards is common practice and widely acceptable, they have the "Additional Tip" line. Get the hell outta here...

Nice language for what has been a very mild topic and discussion. :(