C&A program outdated?

You may be right but a Radiance concierge, very recently, told us that it would be going to the suite lounge concept. That said, we've received several tidbits of information from various concierges that never happened. Nonetheless, the Radiance class would be a relatively easy change.
It was or he was hoping it was?

Interesting thread, OP!! (And even more interesting to see how personally folks take your brainstorm question. ;))

Someone said "They are giving stuff that they think is valuable to their long term customers- and most appreciate it." That's correct. It's just that right now, their long-term customers are the older generation who have different appreciation standards/values than those 20- and 30- somethings who have been sailing with their parents all their life and are D already, or will be soon.

When the lounge predominately empties of that older generation and they're on that cruise ship in the sky, RCI will either 1) realize the current D/D+ population doesn't want the current "stuff" and change to new "stuff" they value more, which I agree will include some things on your list....or, 2) as some folks have already mentioned, RCI will determine the ships fill up anyway, and do away with the valuable "stuff" altogether. Oh, they'll still CALL it a VIP program :rolleyes:, but it'll be a substantial decrease in quality and quantity of offers.

Just like with any other business, they'll have to evaluate if it's beneficial for them to change the offers to suit the values of the current D/D+ cruisers. With the trend we've seen in changes on board, I'm also voting the majority of those effected won't be too happy with the changes!

And maybe that will be the perfect way for RCI to unofficially end the program. Just keep it as it is and as the older people drop out, and the younger people have no interest in the present benefits, RCI gets to stop handing out the benefits and no one complains. The older folks get them for as long as they are around and the younger people don't want them. Seems like a win for everyone.;)

I assume "TS" is thread starter (me). I don't necessarily think my view is the majority view. I was honestly kind of thinking out loud when I started this thread. I think the majority of high status members (D+ and Pinnacle) are probably actually very happy with the program. I was just wondering if there might be a way to modernize it a bit.

I think, and it’s only my opinion, that many D+ are upset with current direction they see Royal headed. The number of D+ are increasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And maybe that will be the perfect way for RCI to unofficially end the program. Just keep it as it is and as the older people drop out, and the younger people have no interest in the present benefits, RCI gets to stop handing out the benefits and no one complains. The older folks get them for as long as they are around and the younger people don't want them. Seems like a win for everyone.;)
I should have 25 - 30 years still. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Depends on the ship and how well the specialty restaurants are booking. We've had some luck on several cruises in using the D+ bogo on other nights during the week as long as we do the booking on the first day as soon as we board.

Us too, particularly on longer cruises. We always ask if it's possible. On the Explorer TP in April we were able to use them any night during the first week.

True. We have 10 cruises booked between now and February 2020, and at ~$400 not spent on alcohol for each of those cruises, we save ~$4,000 (~two more cruises worth) over the next 18 months. When we get on Oasis in September, we will probably book those two additional cruises on the savings from RCL's loyalty program - nothing better than cruising on house money:)

I just don’t get how some can drink those Diamond Liquors, especially if your a Vodka drinker. Do you drink the same brands at home? The Wine as well.

I just don’t get how some can drink those Diamond Liquors, especially if your a Vodka drinker. Do you drink the same brands at home? The Wine as well.

We drink the exact same wine. [emoji16]

No problem with vodka when mixed with something. The beer could be better.

I know of a person that I have seen on a number of cruises that brings a very nicely printed "reserved" sign that he places on a table in the CL.

The Concierge actually allows this BS?

That wouldn't stop me from sitting there. In fact, I think it would motivate me to do exactly that...

Same here!

Your holiday might revolve around alcohol, you can not speak for everyone.
So all the full bars on the ships and in the land based tourist areas and all the restaurants where people have wine on their table is a

Figment of my Imagination!!!!

We drink the exact same wine. [emoji16]

No problem with vodka when mixed with something. The beer could be better.

If I have a beer in the DL it is a can of Heineken which I could buy in any bar.

So all the full bars on the ships and in the land based tourist areas and all the restaurants where people have wine on their table is a

You hang out in bars, you are going to see people drinking. There are actually other people who aren't hanging out in the bars and are doing other activities that do not involve drinking. Try it sometime.

Don't you know, the folks in the DL are there for the camaraderie, not the booze.

True, but I think the demographic is changing. Younger top tier travelers are not going to find a crowded lounge and well drinks to be a reason to maintain any sort of brand loyalty. I certainly don't feel any brand loyalty for that. I just wonder if it's a missed opportunity.

If that's true, then your problem with the lounges will be self-solving. The people that don't care for crowded lounges will simply go elsewhere.

Wait, you're actually admitting your vacation plans are solely and entirely predicated on a couple free drinks....

Wow.

Mine don’t, but we sail with 8 lines (well minus Carnival now) and more or less like all. Approaching D status made us choose RCCL last 4 times since Thanksgiving, we also have 2 more this year with RCCL.

It’s a loyalty program, in some ways it supposed to make us cruisers more loyal to this cruiseline.

And I thought you were a Caymus person.

The vodka could be used in place of acetone.

You can get better vodka in several of the bars is my experience.

Caymus is a rarity for us. Beringer is the table wine