Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Just a warning for those taking tours into the mountains when visiting Bali on a cruise. A very interesting warning given by SS on what you should wear. give particular attention to the shoes you should wear.

We suggest wearing light and comfortable clothing and turdy walking shoes at all times due to basic road and walkway condition,

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Just a warning for those taking tours into the mountains when visiting Bali on a cruise. A very interesting warning given by SS on what you should wear. give particular attention to the shoes you should wear.

We suggest wearing light and comfortable clothing and turdy walking shoes at all times due to basic road and walkway condition,

Stellar advice, I was half way around Jaiselmer recently when I realised I had my Ferragamo’s on. 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

hamburgers, subs, French fries almost as good as those in Belgium (McD - sorry but true)

but if you want to eat a bit more healthy

Menu | Panera Bread

None of these will offer you kale, black eyed peas (with or without the bass line), or cawl

I think you are having a good time in sweet home alabama but, we we like you Jazz so take some time out for some kale

Sounds like a plan Que 😁

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

This shall now be the song running through my mind as I leave my suite on a Silversea ship and sashay down the hallway for festive beverages and dinner.  

Oh yes to the sashay!  Not nearly enough of that kind of class these days! 😁

Back to Belo Horizonte we visited Praça da Liberdade (Freedom Square) where formerly was the government buildings and palace. Now all the buildings around the square are museums, or art galleries. The pictures are of the square, buildings around it and the government house (inside and outside). I lived here in this square for some years in the 70´s. It was my playground.

PrLiberdade.jpg

palacio1.jpg

palacio3.jpg

palacio4.jpg

palacio5.jpg

palacio6.jpg

palacio7.jpg

Pr2.jpg

pr7.jpg

pr8.jpg

pr9.jpg

Edited by Lirio
  • Like 10

Beautiful pix, @Lirio!

Less than a week until we make the LONG trek to Bali. After a few days on the beach in Jimbaran to overcome the jet lag, we board a Ponant cruise through Indonesia to Singapore.

Today we did a little shopping for the trip. We got some new raincoats, as Chris's is probably 20+ years old and mine is more than 10 years old. And some new hiking shoes.

Now, time for a G&T in the hot tub. It's been snowing all day and the view is beautiful - as long as you're inside!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Beautiful pix, @Lirio!

Less than a week until we make the LONG trek to Bali. After a few days on the beach in Jimbaran to overcome the jet lag, we board a Ponant cruise through Indonesia to Singapore.

Today we did a little shopping for the trip. We got some new raincoats, as Chris's is probably 20+ years old and mine is more than 10 years old. And some new hiking shoes.

Now, time for a G&T in the hot tub. It's been snowing all day and the view is beautiful - as long as you're inside!

Are the ports on this upcoming cruise new to you?  That area is amazing!  

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Are the ports on this upcoming cruise new to you?  That area is amazing!  

Yes! All new countries and stops for us. We were originally scheduled on a similar itinerary in November 2020. Looking forward to this!

Itinerary.thumb.webp.1a09bacac470750ed79340436105e537.webp

Interestingly, we'll be in Komodo NP for two days. One of them is the same day that Silver Whisper calls there. Wonder if we will see each other?

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Yes! All new countries and stops for us. We were originally scheduled on a similar itinerary in November 2020. Looking forward to this!

Interestingly, we'll be in Komodo NP for two days. One of them is the same day that Silver Whisper calls there. Wonder if we will see each other?

That looks like a exciting itinerary!  Bali and Singapore are amazing!  Have a wonderful sail! 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Myster enjoyed Komodo.  I didn't venture forth.   Large animals with large teeth are not things I'm comfortable with.  Except of course for @Stumblefoot. 😁

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Beautiful pix, @Lirio!

Can’t wait to hear your views on Ponant JP. The zero solo supplement is always very enticing and they have some great itineraries. I Just worry about how “French” they are. 

• Like 3

Just now, Daveywavey70 said:

Can’t wait to hear your views on Ponant JP. The zero solo supplement is always very enticing and they have some great itineraries. I Just worry about how “French” they are. 

Hi Davey, I think JP and Chris sailed Ponant before.  I am guessing they liked it enough to take a 2nd cruise with them🙂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

@Lois R is right - we did sail on Ponant in September 2021 and liked it a lot. So this will be our second trip with them. Will be starting a live TR over on those boards soon. 

• Like 2