Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

On 2/20/2023 at 9:38 PM, Stumblefoot said:

D73095FA-5323-413B-804B-0C3796C7BD32.jpeg.7e179ead7feeac300fa8c885fea224a7.jpeg

Lather those bad boys up in this and she’ll love that stalky parsley stuff.

Myster just reminded me that this was used by folks snorkeling in Kauai to attract the fish when we were there years ago.  @Daveywavey70 this seems like a good application for this product.   😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Don’t forget this other “orange” food! Well not really food, it was created by chemists. So more of an elixir, or chemistry experiment. Still around even today in a slightly different iteration.

Sorry, Spins, I am with Mysty and others in saying "No! NO!!" to Tang.  Never liked it.  After you have enjoyed very good, fresh, cold Florida Orange Juice, why settle for a terrible imitation?  Tang was NOT a case of "Better Living through Chemistry".  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Edited by TLCOhio
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lirio said:

Today we visited Sabara a town where the first massive gold exploration took place in early XVIII century. Later the gold mining increased and moved to other areas around and new cities were established. In the pictures, 4 churches with different ages (all from XVIII century). Please note the size and decoration from the first one (smaller) to a big one with decoration outside and inside. In later XVIII and early XIX when gold mining was at the highest level, churches in the new areas are all painted in gold (I will not visit them at this trip). I hope you enjoy.

Appreciate these nice visuals and history from our friend in Brazil.  Looked up Sabara.  Seems kind of at a distance from any locations we might visit in the future.  But, good to know and learn more about this historic background for this part of the Brazil's past.  Great sharing!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

I never said I liked Tang, but i do remember asking my mom to buy it. 

The astronauts drank it!!!

Yes, it was smart, savvy marketing to have astronauts drink it and paid to be featured in ads.  But, that didn't make Tang taste great like real, fresh orange juice.  

To be honest, I did like Velveeta cheese.  Tasted good to me and my youthful taste buds.  We now know the real cheese is much better, but back in those days, we did not have as wide of access to the huge range of real cheeses that we can now access these days.   Amazing how many different cheeses are out there these days from all over the world.  

Bad weather coming!!  Fortunately here in Central Ohio, we will not get hit too hard.  BUT, for many other parts of the U.S. and Canada, there will be lots of snow.  See the NY Times map below.  

How are all affected prepared and ready?

Full story at:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/upshot/snow-forecast-totals-lookup.html

image.thumb.png.ebfcd3126484aeaf5c19e1581ba56f76.png

This whole anti processed food thing drives me crazy.

As a friend ordered tofu while simultaneously complaining about processed food, it took self-discipline to remain silent.

Goodness gracious, producing tofu is an elaborate process! I wanted to shout.  The soy is processed, or no tofu for you!  Instead, I simply ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and its ok with me if they made it with velveeta 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

This whole anti processed food thing drives me crazy.

As a friend ordered tofu while simultaneously complaining about processed food, it took self-discipline to remain silent.

Goodness gracious, producing tofu is an elaborate process! I wanted to shout.  The soy is processed, or no tofu for you!  Instead, I simply ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and its ok with me if they made it with velveeta 😉

Currently enjoying our snowbird sojourn in LA (Lower Alabama).  Southern food without frying is ... actually, it's impossible!  And it's not a good idea to ask questions about sources.  But oh my! is it good.  I'll have another Krispy Kreme, y'all.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Bad weather coming!!  Fortunately here in Central Ohio, we will not get hit too hard.  BUT, for many other parts of the U.S. and Canada, there will be lots of snow.  See the NY Times map below.  

How are all affected prepared and ready?

Full story at:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/upshot/snow-forecast-totals-lookup.html

image.thumb.png.ebfcd3126484aeaf5c19e1581ba56f76.png

It always drives me crazy that American weather maps end at the border, as if we in Canada don't exist. Our weather maps always show at least parts of the US.

• Like 1

The idea that if you "eat right", exercise religiously, avoid alcohol, and follow ever bit of wellness advice available that you will live forever is a fairytale!  Responsible people make the choices that work for them and take everything else with a block of salt.  Tofu is a no go for me!   So is kale!  I know I will die.   It won't be with kale in my mouth! 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Currently enjoying our snowbird sojourn in LA (Lower Alabama).  Southern food without frying is ... actually, it's impossible!  And it's not a good idea to ask questions about sources.  But oh my! is it good.  I'll have another Krispy Kreme, y'all.

Ohhh...you are in real Southern Country......you need to find a place with some really good fried chicken and some BBQ too and Alabama has some famous white BBQ sauce..........😀 

Hope ya'll are having a good time!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It always drives me crazy that American weather maps end at the border, as if we in Canada don't exist.

That does seem ridiculous.  I'm thinking it takes more work to blank out the non-US parts of the map than just leaving them up.  Terry's map above illustrates your point all too well.

Canadians - best neighbors ever.

• Like 2

Well, the great thing about kale is you can grow it (and cousin collards) in winter-time in many parts of the South, including here in Virginia.  Weeds can't compete and bugs are dead, hibernating, or whatever it is they do in winter.  We grow both in our backyard.

But there is no call for eating it raw or in some perverse milkshake thing that is not a milkshake.  For example for breakfast: you need to process it a bit, shallow fry it in an oil of your choice, add eggs and cheese (another processed food, but milk won't work), and enjoy with sausage and grits.  Butter helps too.

Jazz, let us know what the folks down there give you to eat apart from the donuts.  We've visited Alabama numerous times and I feel like that state gets kind of a bad rap from those who haven't been there.  Muscle Shoals/Florence are our personal favorite towns there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

That does seem ridiculous.  I'm thinking it takes more work to blank out the non-US parts of the map than just leaving them up.  Terry's map above illustrates your point all too well.   Canadians - best neighbors ever.

Agree on Canadians being great neighbors.  Super enjoyed late summer exploring all over Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton island, etc.  

On that graphic, it is not "my map", it was a product of the New York Times, a supposedly very "international" newspaper.  Do not know why they blocked out the Canada details.  Below is a map this evening from AccuWeather that provides more details for what is coming soon for these parts of Canada, the NE/New England areas, etc.  Many areas of Canada and the northern U.S. are going to be getting 6"+ of snow.  Burr!!!

Watch out, J.P.!!  This map shows Albany, NY, and what is headed there soon.  

From: https://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/waterloo/n2j/weather-forecast/55073

image.thumb.png.4bdbdd0fdffef50a61e78c4b39a4a1d0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

ME TOO  !!!!!!!!!! 🥂 💗 🥂

Agree with Mysty, Davey, rojaan19, etc., Kale and Tofu are not for me.  Life is too short to be ruining it with such bad memories and terrible tastes. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Not going to defend tofu, don't actually know much about except it is processed, but I think kale prepared properly would convert you @TLCOhio

Que, with all due respect,  anything that requires an effort to make it palatable is not going on my plate!  Healthy or not,  I still have taste buds and I still enjoy their discretion! 😁

• Haha 1