Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

To all of my Colorado friends and others, we have left my beloved ski resort and moved to Idaho. It all happened so quickly and am finally taking a deep breath and starting to relax a bit.

We spent a long year and a half doing a huge remodel and it turned out so well, we were approached with an offer that in all seriousness could not turn down. We had been to a beautiful lake here in Idaho years ago and decided that it would be a wonderful place to live. We love water, mountains, and cooler weather.

DH decided that he would give up his 100 days plus of skiing and we will now take ski vacations and he will begin to look for a new boat instead. 😉

I am looking at my "Floating Green" this morning from my huge deck.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

To all of my Colorado friends and others, we have left my beloved ski resort and moved to Idaho. It all happened so quickly and am finally taking a deep breath and starting to relax a bit.

We spent a long year and a half doing a huge remodel and it turned out so well, we were approached with an offer that in all seriousness could not turn down. We had been to a beautiful lake here in Idaho years ago and decided that it would be a wonderful place to live. We love water, mountains, and cooler weather.

DH decided that he would give up his 100 days plus of skiing and we will now take ski vacations and he will begin to look for a new boat instead. 😉

I am looking at my "Floating Green" this morning from my huge deck.

Your new place sounds magical Truly!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Truly,  that sounds idyllic.  You have made me look up in the atlas exactly where Colorado and Idaho are, which I am ashamed to say I did not know.  Lots of lakes and mountains, and I would guess not too many people to disturb you!  My knowledge of the geography of the USA is sadly lacking, and my actual knowledge of places ditto - I have only visited the fringes, essentially, when flying back from the Far East or Australia!  So I have visited, and spent a bit of time in New York and Boston and Cape Cod and then Hawaii, San Francisco, LA and the Napa Valley.  Missed out all the middle bit.  We did love the Napa Valley, and Cape Cod in particular.

You must all think our little island is a miniature of a country when you visit it.

Lola

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

…we have left my beloved ski resort and moved to Idaho.

Holy Toledo!  That is quite the shock.  Will be interested to hear how sunshine / winter temps / wind compare to the Roaring Fork Valley.

We’re planning a camping trip starting in Twin Falls, heading north into western Idaho, up to where you are in Coeur d’Alene, and then into West Glacier this July.  Never explored that area of the country before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

Truly,  that sounds idyllic.  You have made me look up in the atlas exactly where Colorado and Idaho are, which I am ashamed to say I did not know.  

Very much like Lincolnshire but with added mountains, lakes, wildlife, forests, monstrous SUVs.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Holy Toledo!  That is quite the shock.  Will be interested to hear how sunshine / winter temps / wind compare to the Roaring Fork Valley.

We’re planning a camping trip starting in Twin Falls, heading north into western Idaho, up to where you are in Coeur d’Alene, and then into West Glacier this July.  Never explored that area of the country before.

I think you may have to pay us a visit. Happy to see that you knew where that Floating Green was 😉

Cold in the Winter and skiing close by, as well as Sun Valley. Warmer in the Summer, and will see if it beats our Rocky Mountain blue skies. They are hard to beat. It is really beautiful here and you will enjoy it.

• Like 3

It was the (I imagine) lack of crowds which appealed to me almost more than the scenery - it is one thing I really feel the need of in this crazy world.  The sight of a huge queue on a Bank Holiday weekend snaking down the hill to get to Durdle Door (interesting rock formation on our south coast) is very off-putting to a village dweller.  And I suppose it stands to reason that the beauty of those mountains and lakes in Idaho will probably attract similar hordes in their huge motor homes in the holiday season.  But maybe with more space per person than over here.

Lola

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lincslady said:

My knowledge of the geography of the USA is sadly lacking, and my actual knowledge of places ditto - I have only visited the fringes, essentially, when flying back from the Far East or Australia!  So I have visited, and spent a bit of time in New York and Boston and Cape Cod and then Hawaii, San Francisco, LA and the Napa Valley.  Missed out all the middle bit.  We did love the Napa Valley, and Cape Cod in particular.

Some of our best holidays in the pre-cruising days were driving around the USA.  We did five big loops, visiting around 30 states.  We stayed in a mixture of basic Best Western motels, upscale B&Bs and luxury resorts such as The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and The Cloister in Georgia.  Many of the trips were based on movie locations, especially the western states.  Our best trip was a loop from Denver that took in Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana (see pic) and Wyoming. It was fabulous and so cheap compared to the UK! Probably not so cheap nowadays.

img004.jpg

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, mysty said:

They seem to enjoy the blood of the Colonies!  They are vicious here! 

Same here. We also have the joy of flies in Summer, hence why some people where fly nets while walking. I haven't had the need but maybe I am adept at the Great Aussie Salute...waving away the flies.

• Haha 1