Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Just checked in my photo file and found another picture of him with my wife from early 2016.  I zoomed closer and saw that his name was Edward.  Look forward to hearing more as to this interesting and potential Zambia-Silversea connection.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.b4a904c05ea3b213881a38617de55cfb.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

Terry that looks like one of the waiters that served us at the Grill tonight. He had worked at the Royal Livingstone hotel for several years before joing Silversea. He joined to see the world but feels better and in one word he said it was respect.

That would be amazing!

3 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Here is one of my visuals from being at Victoria Falls.  Even have a rainbow bonus showing for you.  Lots of moisture in the air and it damaged my camera.  Be careful!:

Terry, thanks as always for the visuals. And thanks for the warning! We've lost some cameras due to unexpected water, and bad preparation...

I said to the doctor, "I'm worried as whenever I go to visit my mother she gets my name wrong."
He looked up at me sympathetically and asked, "Is it Alzheimer's?"

I looked back at him in disgust and replied, "No, It's Ron".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a flat tyre tonight on the Trans Canada highway. I eased my vehicle over to the shoulder of the road carefully, got out, and opened the back hatch.

I took out 2 cardboard men, unfolded them and stood them at the rear of my car facing oncoming traffic. They looked so lifelike you wouldn't believe it! They were in trench coats exposing their nude bodies and private parts to the approaching drivers.

As I expected, cars started slowing down looking at my lifelike men. And of course, traffic starts backing up. Everybody is tooting horns and waving like crazy.

It wasn't long before a police car pulls up behind me. The officer gets out of his car and starts walking toward me. I could tell he was not a happy camper!

"What's going on here?"

"My car has a flat tyre", I said calmly.

"Well, what the hell are those obscene cardboard men doing here by the road?"

I couldn't believe that he didn't know. So I told him.........

"Hellooooo, those are my emergency flashers!"

• Haha 5

Have I mentioned that I am sick to death of winter?  And now this....

Issued at 05:02 Tuesday 04 April 2023

Significant freezing rain and ice pellets likely, with potential ice storm conditions.

Hazards:
A prolonged period of freezing rain leading to significant ice build-up in some areas. Ice accretion of 10 to 15 millimetres is possible. Power outages and tree damage are possible.

Timing:
Starting overnight and continuing into Wednesday afternoon.

Discussion:
Ice pellets and freezing rain are expected to develop overnight or early Wednesday morning and continue for much of the day before temperatures rise above the freezing mark. Some areas may see several hours of freezing rain, which may lead to power outages and tree damage.

One potential complication is how much of the precipitation falls in the form of ice pellets versus freezing rain. If most of the precipitation falls in the form of freezing rain, this has the potential to be a significant ice storm for the region.

I can't...I just can't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Sorry, but Florida is full!  😁

It's okay Dolce!   We have a Black Tartan Kitchen reservation for for a Scotch tasting dinner for Tartan Day on Thursday April 6.  Don't what to miss that! 😁

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mysty said:

It's okay Dolce!   We have a Black Tartan Kitchen reservation for for a Scotch tasting dinner for Tartan Day on Thursday April 6.  Don't what to miss that! 😁

Aww, Mysty, for you, we would absolutely find room and recommend some excellent restaurants if you want to thaw out here in Florida.   We're only full if anyone else is thinking of moving here. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Aww, Mysty, for you, we would absolutely find room and recommend some excellent restaurants if you want to thaw out here in Florida.   We're only full if anyone else is thinking of moving here. 😁

Thank you Dolce!  Very kind of you! 🥰

The rental house in Lower Alabama that we vacated last month did not have a new tenant coming in.  It's available, highly recommended, and reasonably priced.  Just checked Accuweather and it is 80 degrees F there now (4:19pm on April 4).  Let me know if you want the rental agent's info.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The rental house in Lower Alabama that we vacated last month did not have a new tenant coming in.  It's available, highly recommended, and reasonably priced.  Just checked Accuweather and it is 80 degrees F there now (4:19pm on April 4).  Let me know if you want the rental agent's info.

Jazz,  as tempting as that is we are currently squeezing our nickels  (Canada doesn't have pennies anymore) to make our final cruise payments in July.   I do appreciate the recommendation though!  I have to grin and bear it now!  😁  

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Discussion:
Ice pellets and freezing rain are expected to develop overnight or early Wednesday morning and continue for much of the day before temperatures rise above the freezing mark. Some areas may see several hours of freezing rain, which may lead to power outages and tree damage.

I feel for you. Here in Toronto we are only expecting rain (and probable thunderstorms) but I saw the extent of the freezing rain warning on the news. Wish you all the best.

38 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I feel for you. Here in Toronto we are only expecting rain (and probable thunderstorms) but I saw the extent of the freezing rain warning on the news. Wish you all the best.

Our faces were pelted with sleet in gale force winds – in the middle of summer – at Cape Horn.  I don't advise moving there...

• Haha 2