To AFT or not to AFT

I thought one of the worst aft suite cabins I ever saw was the #6414 Presidential suite on Freedom. The balcony has that huge network of metal framing all around and up above, and that big flat floor area (looks like a skating rink without the ice) directly off the balcony is not something I would like to see each day.

That would be this one I believe, taken from a voyeur's point of view :evilsmile:

presidential.jpg

We've had lots of aft baloconies on several different cruise lines

Let's see, I've never been thrown off the bed at any time of the day, never had noise, we are always smart enough to check what's above us(duh, don't get below a restaurant) ! Never have had a glass of water or wine or a drink spilled by the motion of the ship ! We like to walk for exercise, so it's a plus for us to walk to the aft ! But, one thing is true we have gotten a little soot at times. We don't bother our room stewart, it takes a minute or two to clean. Aft balconies, we love the quiet & the view and we're away from the WHINERS !

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Actually prefer to see where I'm going.

NCL Gem has great forward balconies

The ones on the corner also have side balcony as well

To bad NCL sux

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree. I think the aft wrap around balcony might be cool but I prefer to be mid-ship as well. Feels like such a long walk when all the way forward or aft. But generally, I like side balconies where I can see out plus look forward or back.

We went to a sail away Cruise Critic party on Carnival Glory that was in an aft wrap around and it was a really cool room and balcony, I'd have to admit.

I agree. I think the aft wrap around balcony might be cool but I prefer to be mid-ship as well. Feels like such a long walk when all the way forward or aft. But generally, I like side balconies where I can see out plus look forward or back.

We went to a sail away Cruise Critic party on Carnival Glory that was in an aft wrap around and it was a really cool room and balcony, I'd have to admit.

Our last Carnival cruise was a wrap around on Glory. May 2007

The person you quoted is a dedicated "direct wake After" and knows a lot more than most of us on aft cabins. ;)
Yep....

My next 10 cruises are Corner Aft. I think it would be very difficult to go back to the hump and only see one side of the ship. What would put me asleep if I couldn't hear the wake?

One of the reasons (many more) why we won't sail Oasis class.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We had one on the Serenade and it was AMAZING!! Huge balcony, and every time you entered you could see the wake on sea days! Stars at night were awesome, and we had no trouble with noise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The afts on Radiance class are the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!

Rhapsody JS. She seems to have more privacy on side. [emoji6]

281440fd63463efdec76a637cbd44386.jpg5db8e9792851ad732ab17e7ed3fddda6.jpg

Thanks

I needed a good picture of the back of Brilliance. That top left cabin is calling my name......

See ya in a few days 1100

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We personally love an aft cabin, and it is our first choice whenever we can. Though we have read many times about noise and soot, we haven't had that experience. Love the view, the relative privacy...feels like a little oasis. A long walk? Yes, it can be, but totally worth it to us. Booked on an aft on Serenade of the Seas in November, and on the Westerdam to Alaska in June. Sometimes we book an OV or regular balcony, but seem to drift back to aft if we can.

Love aft balconies, had a aft grand suite on brilliance two years ago. Will book aft anytime it is available.

George

Were you in cabin 1600? I have a choice between that one and 1556 on the hump. Too many decisions.

Laurie

I have 9256 and 1104 booked on Serenade B2B in January, although I booked last year July I still couldn't get the same cabins but I definitely wont complain about these 2

Have to book them the nite they are released, I did and have 8 upcoming Serenade/Jewel cruises in cabin 9256, all B2B...

George

Were you in cabin 1600? I have a choice between that one and 1556 on the hump. Too many decisions.

Laurie

We had the same dilemna on Radiance, but so glad we chose the aft...there is no substitute for the 180* view in Alaska! I wouldn't have caught this sunrise coming into Ketch if we had chosen starboard cabin on the hump:

2jcalhc.jpg

Actually, the longer walk is another plus for me - I get extra steps and every one counts! Of course, I also almost never use the elevators - I look for every way I can to burn off all those extra calories from stuffing my face the whole cruise :eek:

Thank you! I was feeling the same and wondering why so many complained about the long walks. We walk all over the ship and ONLY use the stairs. We love to get that extra activity in on our cruises. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not really, she could have positioned the longer out of sight. The balcony goes way back in, there is a dining table for 10 in back of her in that picture. If you'd like to see it here's a youtube....

We'll be in that cabin in exactly 41 days. And it actually cost us the same as a D1 balcony, we split the cost between 3 other couples...now as for living together for 7 days, I'll let you know! But it has 1300 sq ft to spread out in. The only cabin with 4 bedrooms/4 baths!